Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That should stop everyone getting carried away?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It's easy to say that after 3 games. Entertaining football stops being entertaining when it fails to deliver the points required.

The worrying thing is that despite being the better team we have 0 points at home, and demonstrated our weaknesses to the rest of the division.

I'm hoping that Potter can develop the team beyond just being positive and attacking.

Where were you last week? It was 1-1. What are the supposed weaknesses? We should have won last week, and today were by no means outplayed despite sending off. Bit early to lose the faith.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Attitude of some on here has been embarrassing in the last few weeks having clearly got far to carried away with a win against Watford. I've even seen some talk about Europe:dunce:

I sincerely hope were not sat here at the end of this season accepting relegation by saying "but its ok coz this Potterball stuff has been nice to watch". I've already seen some of the cliche excuses you start to hear from relegated teams fans.

With Houghton we would have shut up shop there and quite possibly come away with a point. Instead we've got NOTHING.
Perhaps VAR can SHAG OFF for a start ? ???

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Johny come lately, hipsters , two teamers were polluted with them but not the only team it's a shame really we used to have an honest support oh we I guess that's modern football for you target audience for maximum revenue Mr Barber??
Ps hope you enjoyed yourself [emoji106]
Regards
DR
Did you go to the game today or just stand at the station assessing the state of our fans?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If I’m honest, I’d rather go to the Amex and watch entertaining football and get relegated than watch the utter dross we endured during the 2nd of last season !
May not be a popular view point but ultimately we all go to football to be entertained, today although we lost I was still entertained.

Me too, I do not have this obsession with staying in the PL. I hope we do but I’ll be over it by the time next season starts should we get relegated. Entertainment over 10 men behind the ball and no intent to attack other than a hoof upfield to a lone striker for me.

I am loving what I’m seeing this season. I can even bring myself to enjoy goals like Saint’s first. As I say I go to be entertained first and foremost although I also get defending in depth against the best teams away from home. Solid defending is fine too, as long as it’s the exception and not the rule.

el punal

Attitude of some on here has been embarrassing in the last few weeks having clearly got far to carried away with a win against Watford. I've even seen some talk about Europe:dunce:

I sincerely hope were not sat here at the end of this season accepting relegation by saying "but its ok coz this Potterball stuff has been nice to watch". I've already seen some of the cliche excuses you start to hear from relegated teams fans.

With Houghton we would have shut up shop there and quite possibly come away with a point. Instead we've got NOTHING.

Oh my! You got your big wooden spoon out early. If you are going to stir it make sure your post is error free. I can’t be bothered to tell you where those errors are, just re-read your comments and don’t let it happen again.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Andone cost is the game. It isn’t a one off he has done that same challenge before for red. It is hard to say how we would have done with 11 men. We played some nice stuff but finishing remains a problem. A big problem

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but yours is genuinely very shit.

Potter has had it spot on for the last 3 games. We've been brilliant in all and could have easily come away with 9 points.

Andone's red was a freak occurrence that cost us. Potter reacted brilliantly by encouraging the team to push on, making positive substitutions... and if Locadia had scored, then who knows.

I would bet good money that we will stay up this season. This is the first time we have actually looked like a Premier League team.

This.

I said last night I wasn't upset about yesterday. This morning I feel the same.

There is no thin line between optimism and delusion. The line is a great big thick one and I don't see anyone having crossed it.

But even if one or two have, so what? Rather that than the weedy hankering for the Hughton era. Under Hughton we'd probably have lost at Watford, lost to wet sham and lost against stains. Anyway, thankfully this hypothecating will never have to be put to the test.

Right, all together "Wheel gonna win the league, wheel goona win the league, and now you better believe us, now you better believe us, now you better believe us, wheel gonna win the league'. Fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought we looked really really good today at times. Obviously still some work to do, but anyone writing us off now, after 3 games, is a turbo charged cockwomble.

Or an underpoached egg. Or a cup of weak tea. Or a spinster's brooch.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
This.

I said last night I wasn't upset about yesterday. This morning I feel the same.

There is no thin line between optimism and delusion. The line is a great big thick one and I don't see anyone having crossed it.

But even if one or two have, so what? Rather that than the weedy hankering for the Hughton era. Under Hughton we'd probably have lost at Watford, lost to wet sham and lost against stains. Anyway, thankfully this hypothecating will never have to be put to the test.

Right, all together "Wheel gonna win the league, wheel goona win the league, and now you better believe us, now you better believe us, now you better believe us, wheel gonna win the league'. Fact.

So I was a Hughton IN sort of guy.

But I can’t deny that the football currently is easier on the eye and I’ve enjoyed the three games so far.

So far we are one point above last seasons CH team for the corresponding fixtures.
Yesterday, there was nativity about our structure after the sending off. We probably didn’t deserve to lose, but we did. Under CH we may have sat back and win a point. Or we may have lost 2-0z

Under CH we played dreadfully against Watford, Southampton and ok against West Ham. This year we have played well against all three. So there’s a big positive so far but only one point better.

How long will it take for all the Hughton haters, to become Potter haters?
We have some tough games coming up and will be in our true position by the end of October.
I desperately want it to be top half

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

But I can’t deny that the football currently is easier on the eye and I’ve enjoyed the three games so far.

So far we are one point above last seasons CH team for the corresponding fixtures.
Yesterday, there was nativity about our structure after the sending off. We probably didn’t deserve to lose, but we did. Under CH we may have sat back and win a point. Or we may have lost 2-0z

Under CH we played dreadfully against Watford, Southampton and ok against West Ham. This year we have played well against all three. So there’s a big positive so far but only one point better.

We have some tough games coming up and will be in our true position by the end of October.

Jesus christ. No need to make a scene. It's not even Christmas yet.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Fair enough.

I especially like your optimism - Trossard the new messiah? ??? :lolol: :thumbsup:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But even if one or two have, so what? Rather that than the weedy hankering for the Hughton era. Under Hughton we'd probably have lost at Watford, lost to wet sham and lost against stains. .

Blimey Harry, ‘weedy hankering’? [emoji23]

Think you’re being blinded by Potterball a bit. No doubt, Hughton would have gone rigid defence, and we are playing much higher up and with more intent, but the goals we are conceding are very sloppy.

It’s nicer to watch, Propper looks a new player until he gets close to the penalty area, then reverts to type.

Trossard is very good, and there really are lots of positives, but..... we still are t creating lots of clear cut chances, and when we do our finishing is poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
3 games in 4 points, would have taken that before the season kicked off. We all know we’re gonna be fighting to stay up, but at least we look like a team who can fight, and the footballs decent to watch.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but yours is genuinely very shit.

Potter has had it spot on for the last 3 games. We've been brilliant in all and could have easily come away with 9 points.

Andone's red was a freak occurrence that cost us. Potter reacted brilliantly by encouraging the team to push on, making positive substitutions... and if Locadia had scored, then who knows.

I would bet good money that we will stay up this season. This is the first time we have actually looked like a Premier League team.

Spot on... the OP is talking bolleaux...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here