Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion winger season-long loan to Eredivisie

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Unfortunately 99% of the U23'S are sellers not keepers. Seems a complete waste of time and effort to me. Hope I am wrong.

Well this I suppose is the point. It only takes one or two to come through. If Ben White continues to perform as he has so far at Leeds, based on what we paid for Webster then he’s worth £15-20m. That pays for the academy for a couple of years while we wait for the next one. Or alternatively we have another PL ready CB.

Meanwhile the ones who don’t make it at the highest level but are still decent league one or champ level can be sold for a few million, making a smaller profit. It is a business after all. We can keep the best of the youth products for ourselves, the rest keep the academy ticking over.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There are a lot of players which will need to be nominated in the 25 man squad next year that are currently not.

Alzate, Gyokeres, White, Dreyer, Mac Allister, Mlakar. I reckon some will be sold.

Sanders ( by 3 days ), Molumby, Băluţă and Connolly of course will still be young enough not to need to be named.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well this I suppose is the point. It only takes one or two to come through. If Ben White continues to perform as he has so far at Leeds, based on what we paid for Webster then he’s worth £15-20m. That pays for the academy for a couple of years while we wait for the next one. Or alternatively we have another PL ready CB.

Leeds will want to keep Ben if they get promoted on the back of his performances.

I’d hope Tony would want a bigger slice of their Premier League windfall than £20m. The potential of the lad is phenomenal. He looks a cut above Championship level already.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Leeds will want to keep Ben if they get promoted on the back of his performances.

I’d hope Tony would want a bigger slice of their Premier League windfall than £20m. The potential of the lad is phenomenal. He looks a cut above Championship level already.
We'd need a massive sell-on %age as well.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

This

This should start their bidding at £35 million,This guy is a future international

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We might just possibly want to keep him!

Imagine having to sell Dunk and Duffy just to move the conveyor.

Then imagine having to explain that to a palace fan. :lol: :facepalm:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

What Leeds want is immaterial. He's contracted to us.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imagine selling Dunk and Duffy (£100M plus for the pair) and seamlessly replacing them from our own ranks.

While still having top flight centre backs wondering 'when is it my turn?'

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Indeed, but there’s a long queue to the 1st team at the moment.
Surely Balogun 'walks away on a free' next summer, which gives a 25 man squad place to White or Clarke without even considering Dunk or Duffy being sold.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely Balogun 'walks away on a free' next summer, which gives a 25 man squad place to White or Clarke without even considering Dunk or Duffy being sold.

Given their performances so far this season, White's especially, neither will want to be the Balogun replacement! Nor should they be.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

If Leeds go up they could well buy White

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If we want to sell him, or get a big enough fee and sell-on %

No doubt we’d demand £10M+ but unless we have 2 CB move on I can’t see how we justify keeping hold of him. Same as Cook & Goldson

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
No doubt we’d demand £10M+ but unless we have 2 CB move on I can’t see how we justify keeping hold of him. Same as Cook & Goldson

More than that I would have thought considering we payed £20 million for Webster, who had one reasonable season in the championship!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here