Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lawro

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Obviously never saw him play & have never heard him talk about us, other than his predictions, which are an honest opinion

An uninformed opinion.

An ignorant opinion.

It’s nothing to do with his playing career.

This man is paid an extraordinary salary, and is a proclaimed “football expert” (according to the BBC site), why is it too much to ask that he spends more then 5 seconds research time before spouting another inane opinion piece?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Absolutely, such poise, so cultured, a centre back who could really play, Lewis is great but Lawro was different class.

Had everything, switched effortlessly to midfield under Mullery in our first season and was still outstanding.

Just a brilliant player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Taking a hammering on social media from our more vocal twatterati. Obviously never saw him play & have never heard him talk about us, other than his predictions, which are an honest opinion. Some of the abuse is totally OTT, almost as if coming from the accounts of the new breed of concourse wankers that modern football produces.

There was a trope that he acts like he never played for us etc etc. I had it carefully pointed out to me on another thread that this is bollocks.

When he's 'front of house' doing his job, he makes no allusion to his time with us or with Liverpool, unless asked a specific question. Having won all he did at Liverpool he would have every right to bang on about it all the time IMV.

As for trolling on twatter etc., yes, gormless glory hunter yoof. Embarrassing.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
An absolutely sublime player, Dunk is very very good but he will never reach the heights Lawrenson did, he would have to move to Man City or Liverpool just to stand a chance then hold down a first team place for 5 yrs to come close. The best player ever to grace the club. Totally indifferent to his mediocre punditry but watching him play for us was a pure joy.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We were edgy against West Ham in front of goal a few times but sublime in all other areas giving the Hammers just one clear chance.

Take a week off Lawro you plum.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It’s quite simple really, he is a pundit. Referred to on the BBC as a “football expert”, and yet he seems to be completely ignorant of any club outside the top 6. It’s not just him to be fair, but he’s earning an extraordinary amount of money for very little work, the least we can ask of a pundit is to be slightly informed.

Judging from his comments on us he clearly hasn’t even watched our games this season.

Fair enough, but, he is only one of many. We are underrated by all the pundits, and, I do believe we have lost some of their sympathy for sacking Chris Hughton. Not many of them know as much about the smaller teams throughout football as your average supporter, to pick out Lawrenson seems a bit bitter.
I’d much rather have him, than the absolute dross of Townsend, Pleat, and Sutton, who really are stealing a living.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
An absolutely sublime player, Dunk is very very good but he will never reach the heights Lawrenson did, he would have to move to Man City or Liverpool just to stand a chance then hold down a first team place for 5 yrs to come close. The best player ever to grace the club. Totally indifferent to his mediocre punditry but watching him play for us was a pure joy.

I remember the first time I saw him play for us. In truth, I was just surprised that Mullery had paid as much for him as he had as most people outside Preston had never heard of him. But then he calmly took the ball off an attacker and glided forward with it and we could all see what Mullers had seen. Imagine Vicente playing in a back four ...

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Fair enough, but, he is only one of many. We are underrated by all the pundits, and, I do believe we have lost some of their sympathy for sacking Chris Hughton. Not many of them know as much about the smaller teams throughout football as your average supporter, to pick out Lawrenson seems a bit bitter.
I’d much rather have him, than the absolute dross of Townsend, Pleat, and Sutton, who really are stealing a living.

But none of those other pundits played 150+ times for us.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
But none of those other pundits played 150+ times for us.

But that really shouldn’t matter, I’d rather he was truthful and a bit critical, than sycophantic.

Having said that, I don’t agree with his punditry a lot of the time, I don’t think he does his homework, but he’s no worse than most, especially on the bbc, and he does seem to get an extra abuse on here and social media because he’s an ex player who just sees us as any other club.
Believe me, I have been far more critical of some of my previous employers than he is of our club.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Loved the man as a player and agree, probably the best we've ever had.

His 'lost' Brighton career - is in stark contrast to other pundits who are happy to show their appreciation for clubs they've played for. Ian Wright might as well turn up in a full Gooner strip!

Each to their own. :shrug:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Do what I do with MOTD. Record it, watch the highlights, then fast forward over all the inane chatter. You won't get bored listening to Lineker, Lawro, Shearer, Murphy and others spouting crap or drooling over the top 6, and the best bit is you save yourself nearly 40 minutes of your life. MOTD should be no more than about 50 mins of highlights. With live games (unless I'm in the pub) I just turn the sound off for 15 mins in the break.

Lawro was a great player in his day and it was a priviledge to have seen him in the stripes with Ward, Horton, and many others of the time. I have little or no interest in their opinions or predictions on how they think we'll do nowadays. There's more to life than worrying about their views.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Palace fan earlier wasn't happy with him either for saying they are at risk of becoming 'Crystal Palace Nil'. So it's not exclusive that his pisses off JUST Albion fans...

Great player; shite pundit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Has anyone considered he might be posting on here under the name TSB?

Perhaps he loves us, and is just very pessimistic about our chances because life hates him and nothing he likes is ever successful. [/sademo]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here