Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garbled dress code "clarification"

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
With words being such an issue, I think the way forward is pictures.

I'm sure [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] would volunteer to wear various ensembles that the club could then use to illustrate what is, and isn't, acceptable.

Acceptable
merkle.jpg

Unacceptable
H Youth.jpg

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If it's smart and has a collar then surely the answer is yes?

It features a smart looking cat.

My only concern is that Pizza may not be acceptable in 1901?

AOPON1284U_Taco_Cat_Mockup.jpg

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Smart jeans, no trainers, and collared/polo shirt ok.

What exactly is the confusion?

Because trainers are allowed and have been for a couple of seasons. Last week an email was sent out that seemed to say that trainers are not allowed. The latest email says trainers are allowed as long as you aren't dining. I wear trainers because I walk a long way to and from the Amex and I still manage to look incredible.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Because trainers are allowed and have been for a couple of seasons. Last week an email was sent out that seemed to say that trainers are not allowed. The latest email says trainers are allowed as long as you aren't dining. I wear trainers because I walk a long way to and from the Amex and I still manage to look incredible.

It’s actually worse than that.

Yes, they confirm that “trainers are not permitted” in the dining areas, but in the very next sentence, in among all the other things that we know aren’t allowed anywhere in 1901 (shorts, flip flops, etc.), they list trainers.

On the face of the Email then, trainers are now banned from 1901 entirely. Though I don’t believe that’s what they actually mean.

It doesn’t affect me in any way since I don’t wear them to the AMEX, but it sounds as though it might you...

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Funny to see flip-flops included in the banned list.

Has anyone ever worn those in matches at The Amex, let alone the 1901 Club?

I have seen plenty of people wearing them at the Amex. Bloody uncomfortable things at the best of times imo - they're sort of OK on a beach but I would never wear them when not on holiday or (at a stretch) in the garden

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Yes, they confirm that “trainers are not permitted” in the dining areas, but in the very next sentence, in among all the other things that we know aren’t allowed anywhere in 1901 (shorts, flip flops, etc.), they list trainers.

On the face of the Email then, trainers are now banned from 1901 entirely. Though I don’t believe that’s what they actually mean.

It doesn’t affect me in any way since I don’t wear them to the AMEX, but it sounds as though it might you...

Yes, how I read it as well.

Again, always wear shoes to home games, but not a particularly helpful email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I still don’t get the point of the 1901 dress code. I don’t think I’m alone in thinking it’s a load of old tosh.

They relaxed it to allow smart trainers a few seasons ago as in Barbers words it was becoming hard to define the difference between shoes and trainers. This latest communication suggests they have forgotten that again?

90% of 1901 members are fans who have been going for decades and I don’t believe hardly anyone gives two shites about the dress code. So who is this for? They should designate one lounge for this super posh type of hospitality and let the rest just enjoy themselves. I don’t bother with the lounges, barely have since they nipped the free tea/coffee in the bud. I only went for 1901 for my elderly dad, the parking that came with it and the great view. I’m still happy paying for what I view as a premium season ticket for that view but I really can’t be arsed with all this nonsense. I’ll be considering moving at the end of the next five year stint if this continues.

Totally agree. You can still look smart/casual wearing shorts and to not be able to in 30c temperatures for a bloody football match is ridiculous in my opinion. If someone is wearing a t-shirt, who gives a f***? no one that I know in the Gold lounge anyway. Should all be reserved for the platinum areas if at all.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
In reality none.

Just another moan from PB haters and those who don’t like being told what to do.

Not so. Check my prior post - the text is confusing, the more so since they mention trainers twice - once staying that they’re not allowed in dining areas, the second saying they’re not allowed at all. Also, they’ve been allowed the last two or three seasons, and there’s been no other communication saying they’ve re-banned them, except this poorly worded email.

“Confusion” is exactly the right word.

And I’m a PB-supporter, fwiw.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Hmmm, I see what you mean. I read it as trainers are permitted and I wore them last week. Confusing innit?:mad:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Hmmm, I see what you mean. I read it as trainers are permitted and I wore them last week. Confusing innit?:mad:

Yep - the “trainers are banned from dining areas” bit implies they’re ok in the lounges. The “trainers, shorts, flip flops are banned” bit states they’re banned everywhere.

Like you, I believe they mean the former; but that’s not what they’ve written!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Inane bollocks.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Used to be an unwritten rule that any club that had a "no jeans or trainers" rule was guaranteed to be completely shit and full of pissed up knobheads.

I can't believe this bollocks still exists. Someone wearing £250 jeans and £150 trainers is barred but if you nip down to Matalan and Shoe Zone for a pair of black suit trousers (£10) and some fake leather shoes (£7.99) then you're in. Despite looking like a tramp.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Used to be an unwritten rule that any club that had a "no jeans or trainers" rule was guaranteed to be full of pissed up knobheads..

You haven’t met me have you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here