[Albion] The Official Loanee Tracker Thread

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Excerpt from the News at Den Match report;
https://www.newsatden.co.uk/72724-report-west-bromwich-albion-1-2-millwall

Midfielder looks a class act

Jayson Molumby was handed his debut from the start after his summer loan switch from Brighton.

The Ireland under-21 captain – who only turned 20 last week – was always looking for the ball and was very comfortable in possession.

If one pass is not on he’s quick to turn away from an opponent and look for another option. He's also a fierce tackler.

It was Molumby’s first senior competitive game in almost two years, since an EFL Cup tie for Brighton against Bournemouth in September 2017. He didn’t show much rustiness, and on this evidence he should see plenty more action this season and possibly force his way into the first-choice side.

The plan would have been to play him for around an hour, and he could be very satisfied with his performance when he went off for Williams

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
From Millwall fans forum, player ratings thread:

Molumby: 8: Another very good debut, the 20-year-old making it look almost unbelievable that his previous senior appearances mounted to just two League Cup run-outs for Brighton. Played as though the position was his, and had been for a long time. Even having the confidence to tell the referee where he got it wrong. Fantastic energy just in front of the back four, and used the ball to excellent effect. This boy can play - and tackle - and I'll be surprised if we don't see a lot more of him.

Molumby, is going to be a great player and dare I say at the top of the football ladder. Composed, hungry for the ball, slows it down, speeds it up and no lightweight in the tackle.

Nice report! Skalak has to start. Molumby is going to be absolutely quality

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
U18 defender Ben Clark-Eden appears to have gone on loan to Bognor Regis, though no inclination of how long for.

https://www.bognor.co.uk/sport/foot...r-qpr-striker-added-to-bognor-squad-1-9032920

Tonight’s Carabao Cup game between Millwall and WBA had been touted as potentially Molumby’s senior debut for the lions, but no mention of him in their match preview. https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/preview--west-bromwich-albion-v-millwall-carabao-cup/

Initially Clark-Eden joined Bognor just for the Horsham match on Tuesday, but after a Man-of-the-Match performance the deal has now been extended until January:-

[TWEET]1161710855253299200[/TWEET]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Initially Clark-Eden joined Bognor just for the Horsham match on Tuesday, but after a Man-of-the-Match performance the deal has now been extended until January:-

[TWEET]1161710855253299200[/TWEET]

I hope and presume our lad isn't the one holding the bottle of 9% 'hot treacle' stout.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
AZ Gull, I always enjoy your posts, always so knowledgeable about the youngsters. How do you know so much if you’re in Phoenix AZ? Or have you moved back to UK? Sorry for being so nosy!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Excerpt from the News at Den Match report;
https://www.newsatden.co.uk/72724-report-west-bromwich-albion-1-2-millwall

Midfielder looks a class act

Jayson Molumby was handed his debut from the start after his summer loan switch from Brighton.

The Ireland under-21 captain – who only turned 20 last week – was always looking for the ball and was very comfortable in possession.

If one pass is not on he’s quick to turn away from an opponent and look for another option. He's also a fierce tackler.

It was Molumby’s first senior competitive game in almost two years, since an EFL Cup tie for Brighton against Bournemouth in September 2017. He didn’t show much rustiness, and on this evidence he should see plenty more action this season and possibly force his way into the first-choice side.

The plan would have been to play him for around an hour, and he could be very satisfied with his performance when he went off for Williams

Not in todays Millwall squad

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9038340 said:
Mlakar did get 30 minutes against Bristol City during the Carabao Cup on Wednesday

Molumbey got time (and good revues from Millwall fans) in the Carabao Cup too - but that's not the point. They could probably get that at Brighton! They're out on loan to get regular game time.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Looks like The Albion's website has latched on to he fact that some of us are interested in tracking our loanees' progress (apologies to them if they've been doing it for ages - just haven't seen it myself).

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...ound-up-shutout-success-for-white-and-walton/

I think they've been doing it for a while. Certainly there's going to be more interest this season as so many are out playing at a relatively high level. Also, from a slightly cynical point of view, I guess it also helps raise the profile (value) of the Albion's investments, too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here