Jan 23, 2017
Potterball

A7F0E399-A887-46E2-AE61-E8CDF91E6BFB.png

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Absolutely magnificent!

I’m so glad my optimistic prediction for this match and season wasn’t misplaced. In fact I was pessimistic only going for a 2.0 win!

We really are well placed for a good season and Tony’s vision might not be that far away from being realised.

As I banged on constantly last season, we had the players, they just weren’t coached or set up for matches correctly.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Hughton has 180mins away at Watford. 0 goals. Potter produced 2 already , 3 including the OG so an improvement already. support the team.

What is your absolute obsession with Hughton? It's just weird. He did a good job for us, but the time was right for him to go. Why aren't you just celebrating the win?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What is your absolute obsession with Hughton? It's just weird. He did a good job for us, but the time was right for him to go. Why aren't you just celebrating the win?

It's already been shown that many NSCers agree that he's talking shite ...........
https://www.northstandchat.com/show...ficial-Match-Thread-***&p=9027616#post9027616

...........but he's one of those that just doesn't take any notice. #neverwrong ........... I wonder if he's got a grandad who posts on here ............................

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's worth fishing out his follow-up just a few hours later :lolol:

View attachment 114184

For parity, Watford really aren't what you make them out to be...

So, had a little time to digest what I saw today. It was genuinely shocking, the amount of arrogance some of our players were carrying on that field was outrageous. Ben Foster even said it himself, our lads thought they could turn up and we would just win. That mentality is worrying, you’d hope today has kicked that out of them. The 4-2-2-2/4-4-2 whichever way you look at it has totally been sussed out. The squad is perfectly balanced to play 4-3-3 and I really hope we get to see that sometime, Javi has always struck me as flexible so let’s wait and see.

Couple points on individual performances. Holebas really looked like a 35 year old today, really struggled to even get around, how he allows the cross for the second goal is prime example of it. Fosters kicking is horrendous. Deeney, absolutely anonymous. Deulofeu and Pererya don’t look fit. Gray put himself about but missed an absolute sitter. Doucoure turned up for the last 15 minutes. Dawson I thought was good in the air, all over the place for the third. Is he an upgrade? Perhaps he is but it’s probably marginal. Love the creativity Will Hughes brings but at times is frustratingly slow on the wing. When we lose the ball, we seemed to have massive gaps exposing us, was obvious against Real Sociedad and again today. I’d love to say there was a saving grace but there really wasn’t. Z Care is back, so I guess that’s something.

We go again next week, I expect a reaction and with a couple new fresh faces let’s hope for a better performance and result at Everton.

Stop stoking up some bollocks that really doesn't exist. Enjoy our win.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Great result, just watched the replay and read this thread.
Couldn’t have got a better start to the season, that Maupay goal, got something special there.
I had my phone on goal alert at gig last night and was getting frustrated when it kept vibrating in my pocket and I couldn’t check it till the break.

el punal

Only just occured to me that Ali J didn't even make the squad today.

Not worried as he obviously wasn't needed but it doesn't say much about his chances with us this season not to have even made the 18. I know it's only 1 game and he may well get his chance but if he doesn't get much game time by January I wonder if the club will try to move him on.

Just shows our relative strength now that even though he had a poor season last year, a £14m player for us can't make the match day squad.

I think you’re looking too much in to this. Potter has stated (I believe) that ANY player could be left out as selection is based on what tactics he is going to employ for individual games. On that basis he then makes the players aware that it is not a personal issue if they are not selected but a practical one. Ali J will be involved in the future, I would like to think so, as I believe he still has a lot to offer.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Clear the decks for the over-use of the phrase "with the greatest respect to Brighton", which is loosely translated as "we think they're actually rubbish but.........".

Every time I hear someone saying this now, I just substitute "I actually have no respect for...... and don't know why they are even playing football at all."

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Absolutely magnificent!

I’m so glad my optimistic prediction for this match and season wasn’t misplaced. In fact I was pessimistic only going for a 2.0 win!

We really are well placed for a good season and Tony’s vision might not be that far away from being realised.

As I banged on constantly last season, we had the players, they just weren’t coached or set up for matches correctly.

Have to hang my head in shame as I really didn't think our players capable of a performance like that and feared for the worst when I saw the starting line up yesterday which was pretty much a carbon copy of last seasons apart from Burn.

Loved it when I heard the Brighton fans singing "we're gonna win the league" after the second goal.

Bit premature but who knows!? Looking forward to next Saturday a lot[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Have to hang my head in shame as I really didn't think our players capable of a performance like that and feared for the worst when I saw the starting line up yesterday which was pretty much a carbon copy of last seasons apart from Burn.

Loved it when I heard the Brighton fans singing "we're gonna win the league" after the second goal.

Bit premature but who knows!? Looking forward to next Saturday a lot[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to, nobody thought we’d get a 3 niller away from home really. Was optimistic but not by such a margin as the boys achieved. Happy days eh?!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
We are the greatest team ever....we are going to finish top 3

Potter is our best ever manager.

This is what we have all being waiting for.

This reminds me of children on a sugar high pretending to be Leonardo Dicaprio on the Titanic yelling "I'm king of the world." Remember where his character ended up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here