Shihab, Tareq Shakib
Steele, Jason
Stephens, Dale Christopher
Suttner, Markus
Tau, Percy Muzi
Tilley, James Alexander David
Walton, Christian Timothy
White, Benjamin William

Only 8 I haven't heard of. But it just shows what a massive club we have become and how hard it must be for Development Squad players to rise to even the edges of a Premier League squad. The competition is immense, just within the club, let alone when new players are slotted in by transfer at first team level. No wonder some of the lads lose heart and fall by the wayside with their shattered dreams.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Could do a job. Did ok before that dodgy sending off. Good winner vs Newcastle.

I agree he should come at it with a clean slate, new manager and all that. Glenn won't go on for too much longer, maybe he will surprise us all and force his way back into the reckoning, and as you say, in the first few months of our inaugral Premier League season he was doing pretty well.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with him being in our plans for next season.

There was an Israeli news article months ago that said his contract was extended as a part of his loan move to QPR.

My interpretation of that was that we agreed to the extension to get the loan deal agreed. It allowed us to get him off our wages for a season and provided him with the security of another 12 months of Premier League wages rather than potentially being a free agent this summer and not being able to command the same level of wages.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Could be, but I very much doubt it.... Potter has been on holiday as has Hemed.

I’d expect it’s so we can move him on for a fee.

I know he had a falling out with the Israeli boss ..but tad surprised hes not playing for them against Latvia tonight.....Beram is (one assist)

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Alireza Jahan Bakhsh Jirandeh, wow 26 letters! I always thought Jan vennegoor of hesselink was the longest name in football.

Purely a business rather than playing decision, you would expect

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The fact that Albion haven't announced a contract extension for Hemed (as they did with the likes of Bong in May and Murray in November) tells us, I think, everything we need to know about this. You would think that the club (and the player) would both be happy to publicly proclaim this contract extension if it was envisaged that he would be playing a full part in the first team next season. Very difficult to see both Murray AND Hemed in the 25-man squad come August.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if either Albion had an option which they have exercised, or it was in both parties immediate interest to extend the contract with a view to a sale prior to the season start.

This has the distinct feel of a Vicente situation to me (where, if I remember correctly, Albion took up the option of a second season at the last minute, and perhaps not entirely with the player's full blessing).

Well, lookey here (from March 11 2019):-

Hemed unsure over his long-term future

Tomer Hemed says he is unsure what his future holds beyond the end of the season.

The striker, recently back from injury, is on a season-long loan at QPR from Brighton.

His Brighton contract expires this summer but the south-coast club have an option to extend the deal.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The fact that Albion haven't announced a contract extension for Hemed (as they did with the likes of Bong in May and Murray in November) tells us, I think, everything we need to know about this. You would think that the club (and the player) would both be happy to publicly proclaim this contract extension if it was envisaged that he would be playing a full part in the first team next season. Very difficult to see both Murray AND Hemed in the 25-man squad come August.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if either Albion had an option which they have exercised, or it was in both parties immediate interest to extend the contract with a view to a sale prior to the season start.

This has the distinct feel of a Vicente situation to me (where, if I remember correctly, Albion took up the option of a second season at the last minute, and perhaps not entirely with the player's full blessing).

Although if he is on, say, £25k a week then if it doesn't happen they could end up losing a lot of money.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I like him, I don't care what anyone says.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Although if he is on, say, £25k a week then if it doesn't happen they could end up losing a lot of money.

I'm sure Albion will be aware of Hemed's likely attractiveness to clubs next season (either as a sale, or on loan - I have seen a suggestion that QPR had to pay a 750k loan fee for Hemed for 2017-18).

If other clubs are prepared to buy him or pay for him to come on loan, then Albion "..could end up losing a lot of money" by NOT extending his contract.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I expect the club have a plan so you can all chill. If Tomer plays again then I'd personally be delighted. He's one of the legends.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
While I'm with those who think it's more of a business deal than a playing one...

He’s 31, distinctly average in the Prem but clearly we’re going on the cheap again.

Wouldn't that make him a better option than Locadia - who a lot of people have written off as not even good enough to be average?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Tomer is a ****ing legend. He has absolutely maximised his potential. If every 18/19 year old pro footballer showed his application and bottle we wouldn't have to sign players from South Africa and Argentina because our kids would be in and around the first team- but bloody mindnessness, passion, effort, and determination seem to be so far down the list of of qualities that someone who so clearly would run through walls for our club gets reduced to mockery.

Having him in and around the first team sets the bar for our young players- you don't have to be a Ronaldo or a Messi- you just need need to show application, that you care, that you listen to what your manager says. If you do these things you stand a bloody good chance of succeeding.

When I saw Gary Hart charging down the right wing until his legs bled, i didn't see see the right footed denilson- i saw a guy who gave a shit, who cared as much I did. That's all I really want- isn't that what you want?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Tomer is a ****ing legend. He has absolutely maximised his potential. If every 18/19 year old pro footballer showed his application and bottle we wouldn't have to sign players from South Africa and Argentina because our kids would be in and around the first team- but bloody mindnessness, passion, effort, and determination seem to be so far down the list of of qualities that someone who so clearly would run through walls for our club gets reduced to mockery.

Having him in and around the first team sets the bar for our young players- you don't have to be a Ronaldo or a Messi- you just need need to show application, that you care, that you listen to what your manager says. If you do these things you stand a bloody good chance of succeeding.

When I saw Gary Hart charging down the right wing until his legs bled, i didn't see see the right footed denilson- i saw a guy who gave a shit, who cared as much I did. That's all I really want- isn't that what you want?

If the question is currently, who would I prefer in the team, Gary Hart or Riyad Mahrez, then the answer will always be Mahrez. I don’t want to see a player below ability giving it their all and ultimately failing as they don’t have the talent, but equally I don’t want a clearly talented player not giving a damn.

I’m not trying to be overly-critical, I loved OGH to bits, but we were comparatively crap then and I don’t really understand the application over ability argument in the Premier League. A situation like Fulham’s is far rarer than a Cardiff or Huddersfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here