Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Official Albion v Manchester City FA Cup semi-final planning thread Sat 6th April, 17.30pm

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ok then how about I re-word my entire post just to suite your pedantic pallet?

I guess I am just frustrated that one of my potential venues of choice pre-match has been hijacked by the club to use for it's commercial partners/sponsors (guess we know where those 5000 offsale tickets are going now) and then re-packaged in a very thinly veiled way, by saying a 'number of fans' will have the opportunity to tag along for the ride in the 2000 capacity venue at yet another cost.

Is that better?

5000 off-sale tickets? What are these?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
:jester:

Thanks auto predict....

[MENTION=15277]kingcole[/MENTION] has eluded to c5k of tickets not released and presumably kept back by the club for club staff friends and family, or maybe club partners...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And has also suggested that some of those have since been released in the sales that have occurred so far

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:jester:

Thanks auto predict....

[MENTION=15277]kingcole[/MENTION] has eluded to c5k of tickets not released and presumably kept back by the club for club staff friends and family, or maybe club partners...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The club will obviously dishing out/selling tickets to their commercial partners but I’m not convinced they were withholding 15% of the tickets for this.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Do tickets off StubHub generally go down closer to the date?

Surely people aren't paying £200-800 for a fa cup semi final.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do tickets off StubHub generally go down closer to the date?

Surely people aren't paying £200-800 for a fa cup semi final.

Where are you looking.

As I thought they would, they seem to be going down - seeing them at 110 Euros now, down from around 150 when the teams for the Saturday fixture became known.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The club will obviously dishing out/selling tickets to their commercial partners but I’m not convinced they were withholding 15% of the tickets for this.

Probably not, but I guess they could hold back more than the number they need in order to allow people to have a reasonable choice in each area. As these people make their choice of preferred view etc, the excess could then be released to the peasants.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Where are you looking.

As I thought they would, they seem to be going down - seeing them at 110 Euros now, down from around 150 when the teams for the Saturday fixture became known.
Yeah have seen the 110 ones, was just using the other prices as examples. Seen some at 830 Euros!

Still a bit out of my price range

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
RIP.Football the working mans game.

Ah..... was it ever totally a ' working mans ' game.
More so in the industrialised North and Midlands but down South it flourished in the public schools, with Old Etonians being one of the most successful sides. The legendary Corinthians and the Casuals were made up of well-heeled amateurs. Their support base was also largely middle and upper class.
Touts and agencies have always found a market ( they were out and about at Millwall ) and fans, desperate to see their team in big matches are more than willing to pay over the odds. I know a West Ham fan who paid £1200 for two tickets for a play-off final at Cardiff and that was a few years ago now. Ashamedly, in the early seventies, when I was quite young, I acquired two tickets for the Chelsea v Stoke League Cup Final at Wembley. I went to Wembley early, flogged them to two Stoke fans ( cost approx £2.50 each...sold for approx £7 each ) Then went to White Hart Lane, watched Tottenham v Man Utd and returned home with a healthy profit.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
More so in the industrialised North and Midlands but down South it flourished in the public schools, with Old Etonians being one of the most successful sides. The legendary Corinthians and the Casuals were made up of well-heeled amateurs. Their support base was also largely middle and upper class.

Hence the term "soccer" (association football) coined by the posh boys to differentiate it from "rugger" (rugby football)

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Touts and agencies have always found a market ( they were out and about at Millwall ) and fans, desperate to see their team in big matches are more than willing to pay over the odds. I know a West Ham fan who paid £1200 for two tickets for a play-off final at Cardiff and that was a few years ago now. Ashamedly, in the early seventies, when I was quite young, I acquired two tickets for the Chelsea v Stoke League Cup Final at Wembley. I went to Wembley early, flogged them to two Stoke fans ( cost approx £2.50 each...sold for approx £7 each ) Then went to White Hart Lane, watched Tottenham v Man Utd and returned home with a healthy profit.

Aye lad you speak well but truth be told football is very much part of the working class experience.The fact the the Old Etonians are not in the EPL reflects that those southern clubs largely fell by the wayside.You should not be overly ashamed of your history as a tout. If you believe in the free enterprise economy, ticket touts are the embodiment of the capitalst society ie supply/demand.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Haven't checked to see if this has already been posted, so apologies if it has: Supporter Services have confirmed that colours are prohibited in the 200 series blocks; ie they are considered CW tickets. [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] (and others unknown)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Haven't checked to see if this has already been posted, so apologies if it has: Supporter Services have confirmed that colours are prohibited in the 200 series blocks; ie they are considered CW tickets. [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] (and others unknown)

Thanks. Shame.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon

Noooo!!!:cry: That's a total disaster!!

Do you have a link to the Supporter Services' confirmation please G76?

Seems particularly harsh given that the two sets of fans will be seated in segregated areas specific to each club. Equally crap is the fact that fans in the 200 blocks can't take in scarves or flags...to the FA Cup SF FFS!

Sadly, looking at the CW website https://clubwembley.wembleystadium.com/ClubWembley/Dress-Code it states

A quick guide to the dress code for Club Wembley.
DRESS CODE
There is no strict dress code within Club Wembley, the One Twenty Club and the Bobby Moore Club, with the exception of replica club colours, please read on.

REPLICA CLUB COLOURS
To help make your event day a safe and enjoyable occasion for all we would like to remind you and your guests that replica club colours are not permitted for club matches. The only exception to this is for some Sky Bet Play-Off Finals, where segregation is in place and you have a team specific ticket. If you have any specific queries, please call us on 0800 783 1442.

The Club Wembley, One Twenty Club and Bobby Moore Club areas are unsegregated. We receive special dispensation from the authorities for this because our Club Wembley members have agreed to adopt behaviour appropriate for an unsegregated area through the Club Wembley Licence Agreement.

Club colours are now not permitted within any Club Wembley, One Twenty Club and Bobby Moore Club areas, including the following items:
• Replica clubs shirts
• Scarves in club colours and/or branding
• Hats in club colours and/or branding
• Flags in club colours and/or branding
• Foam hands in club colours and/or branding
• Any clothing item with club brand on it
• Bags with club brand on them
• Face paint indicating an association to one team
• Badges and lanyards with club brand on them

Replica colours MAY NOT be worn at the following:
The FA Cup Semi Finals & Final

The League Cup Final
The FA Community Shield

Replica colours may be worn in some sections at the following (please call us on 0800 783 1442 for specific information):
The Sky Bet Play-Off Finals - Club Colours cannot be worn in Level One Diamond Hospitality. If your ticket is located in Level Two (i.e. block 211 etc) then club colours are fine.

Replica colours MAY be worn at the following:
England Internationals
NFL International Series games
The Rugby League Challenge Cup Final

Following consultation with event organisers, the Licensing Authority and the Police, this prohibition will be strictly enforced and, should replica club colours be worn, you/your guests may be refused entry or be removed from the Stadium for safety in line with condition 10(e) of your Club Wembley Licence Agreement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here