Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cloud at the Amex

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
As many one here know I'm not the most tech savvy, but I have to ask this. I have a fairly new iPhoneX64 something or other, my sons have my hand me downs iPhone 6 & 7. When we're at a match they keep telling me score updates from Sky Sports and yet my phone won't even download the bloody page, what's occurring?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The supplier they've used is crap ( I used to work for them and an ex-player still does ) - they should have used a specialst supplier and it would have worked very well.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I sometimes have to log back in again which can be a pain. Uploading videos to facebook I'd question though. Once outside though I get nothing, neither calls or data. On Virgin because it's cheap and rarely use my phone.

SNAP.......Im on Virgin I get a full 4G signal but never get it to work until we are halfway down the A27 on the bendy bus towards MIll Road.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
To the Virgin mobile people you do realise it is just EE network being resold as Virgin? Uses their masts and infrastructure etc. I usually get 4G fine at matches and around the stadium.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I never seem to have any luck with it and don't really know why. I've got a iPhone that's about a year old, and use the Vodafone network, in case those details are pertinent. I guess they probably aren't.

I can sometimes access live scores via the app but the rest of the internet is a problem, as is sending texts, while at the ground.

iPhone 6 and Vodafone here.
Never have a problem in the ground or the immediate vicinity outside on the cloud WiFi.

However, 4g in the Amex area is shockingly bad. To be fair I don’t know if most of that is just clogged up network after football but I rarely get a signal until I’m half a mile away from the ground.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Exactly this. I've given up on any form of connectivity in and around the stadium.

Ditto. I say hello to people and they just ****ing ignore me. The ********.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The supplier they've used is crap ( I used to work for them and an ex-player still does ) - they should have used a specialst supplier and it would have worked very well.

Its run by Sky

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I find that if you put your phone away and watch the game instead it is absolutely fine.

Yes mate. Surprised it took someone so long to say something so obvious. I don't really understand why would anyone want or need to go on the internet whilst at the football.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It used to be very good in the Championship when they used the hive thing that was developed at the Uni. Then Sky, bean counters and the Premier League appeared.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It used to be very good in the Championship when they used the hive thing that was developed at the Uni. Then Sky, bean counters and the Premier League appeared.

I got a new phone about a month ago and had problems using the seagull app but then discovered that I wasn't logged into the Tribe Hive app. Now works perfectly.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
So maybe not Sky, bean counters and the Premier league. I'll apologise, or maybe not. I'd better reload the Hive.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I go to the football to watch the football.
FFS, the only trouble we had back in the good old days was being up to your ankles in p1ss in the north stand khazi, luke warm burgers or flat coke.
Oh well

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes mate. Surprised it took someone so long to say something so obvious. I don't really understand why would anyone want or need to go on the internet whilst at the football.

How exactly am I supposed to dish out foul and prolonged sickening personal abuse to #CPFC fans on Twitter between 3pm and 5pm, if I can't even get a connection ?

Sometimes its nearly 5.15 before I can get on, and by then I often feel the moment has passed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here