Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Huddersfield Town *** Official Match Thread ***

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sideways Stephens will get a red
And would sooner have knocky Izzy or AJ well ahead of March

Basically then, anyone's better than March? Righty-ho. Anyway, Knocky's on the other wing already - he can't play both at the same time. And Ali J has yet to show anything that suggests he is better than March.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
It’s ok, I’m able to counter your jinx. My daughter’s friend is coming with us for her second ever match; her first was the Everton game on 29 December.

She’s going to have to have strong powers, there are 42 of us!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Mike Dean and Simon Hooper....we ain’t winning this one then.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I will be in the 1901 today. My only other time in the prawn sandwich lounges was for Shuddersfield last season. Hopefully that's not an omen.

I will be in the 1901 today. My only other time in the prawn sandwich lounges was for Wigan in 2017. Maybe that's a good omen.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
With Propper scoring midweek, i can see this being the start of a few getting their names on the score sheet.
Young Solly could do with a couple:)

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
I will be in the 1901 today. My only other time in the prawn sandwich lounges was for Shuddersfield last season. Hopefully that's not an omen.

Nah, I'm expecting to miss another pitch invasion from the posh seats. And we'd only spontaneously charge onto the pitch if we absolutely batter them by some sort of club record scoreline in the top flight. It's looking promising.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It is likely to be an awful game between two poor teams in terrible form. I imagine it’ll be low scoring. 1-1 or 1-0 either way I reckon. The result is everything. It doesn’t matter how we play, we just need to win. My worry is that all the pressure is on us and we don’t usually perform in those circumstances.
This entirely. If we take the lead Huds will batter us knowing that someone will give away a penalty or shake off their marker. If we don't take the lead we are poor at coming back.. I'd take 1-0 now ar the drop of a hat but I fear it isn't going to be easy.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Warren Aspinall on 5 live questioning the value of Ali J/ Locadia and Izquierdo.

Fair dos on the first 2 but Izzy? Slip of the tongue surely?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Fair dos on the first 2 but Izzy? Slip of the tongue surely?

Looking at this season only, Izzy is worth a mention. He has done nothing.

Interestingly, all three players were used to playing in a front 3 when they joined us from Belgium or Holland.

Ali J’s 1st season record has been poor with both Dutch clubs he has played for.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
AJ has a major problem in that he currently doesn't look a better option on the right to either Solly (who has done well there IMHO) or AK who should play every game left as he is one of the few players who constantly shows a bit of fight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here