Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A Thread for People REALLY Looking Forward to Saturday.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Mike Dean
Hooper, fourth official
MUST win game

I have gone against everything I'm feeling and put a 3-0 win down on super 6!
:albion2:

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Looking forward to it as always.
Probably going to be another nerve-wracking one, but expecting a good atmosphere.

I really hope it is a good atmosphere, but I fear for a potentially negative one if we struggle.. I know the players have to do their bit, but this feels like a game that the supporters need to do their bit too - if we are all nervous and excited as we are, then they need some help from us even when things not going so well!! Support at Leicester was great, more of the same would be brill.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Nervous excitement, with the emphasis very much on nervous!

A win, and other results going our way, and I'll be very happy.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I really hope it is a good atmosphere, but I fear for a potentially negative one if we struggle.. I know the players have to do their bit, but this feels like a game that the supporters need to do their bit too - if we are all nervous and excited as we are, then they need some help from us even when things not going so well!! Support at Leicester was great, more of the same would be brill.

If ever we needed an early goal in a match, this is it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm genuinely looking forward to it. A proper meaningful game we need to win.

Going to hopefully say hello to Brett in the Caxton around 1pm, couple of pints of Whitsable Bay with my mates, forget about the stresses and worries of the working week. Scoot along to the Amex for a pint of Harvey's to wash down the Whitstable Bay, get to my seat feeling at least a little bit merry, belt our GOSBTS as loud as I can, get behind the team and enjoy a tense spectacle.

Win lose or draw, we can reflect on the game after, maybe another Harvey's to wash down the previous one, get on the train, discuss perhaps one more just to break up the journey home. Get in, exclaim to wife in most sober voice possible "what do you mean drunk, I only had 2!", agree to watch a film for a romantic night in, fall asleep after 10mins.

Vintage Saturday. Love it. :albion2:

You not looking forward to seeing me? :down: :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am really looking forward to this as I expect us to win and get our survival back on track but realise that any other result than a win is not the end of the world or the fight to avoid relegation

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Yes, fully agree. The support has to be first rate, but with that often comes a downside; the longer the game goes on without a goal, the more restless the crowd tend to become, and gradually the mood changes, as people sense they are going to be let down. What is just as important as raucous support on Saturday is patience, if an early goal is not forthcoming; a restless crowd becoming agitated, only transmits itself on to the pitch. Not always easy, admittedly, but we all have to be loud and patient.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'm on holiday the next two weeks so won't be watching either this or Palace, first games I haven't seen since we got to the PL, hopefully it's a good omen!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Relax everyone.My granddaughter has just told me she is going.
She has NEVER seen them lose !

(She has been several times before)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here