Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Important story on the Shoreham disaster today - *update, petition to stop Andy Hill flying*

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Does this mean he shouldn't fly any more? Will be interesting if he still does display work.

Would he even want to let alone be able to or have a license to do so ..personally I can’t believe he would want/be allowed to go near a plane

For me a day to spare a thought for the loved ones of those who died

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Having done jury service, it's my opinion that if I were not guilty of a crime I would try to avoid a jury trial and vice versa.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He clearly has a good lawyer, and was well briefed the second he was dragged from his ejector seat. No doubt in my mind that pilot error caused the crash.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Having done jury service, it's my opinion that if I were not guilty of a crime I would try to avoid a jury trial and vice versa.

Seeing as he was charged with manslaughter, he didn't exactly have a choice on this occasion...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
We weren't at Neverland either but MJ has already been hung drawn and quartered.

Not by me. A one-sided documentary decades after the events and with the accused having died, therefore no able to defend himself, must be taken at face value, and is so far from something that would stand up in court as to be quite easily dismissed as sensationalist red-top nonsense.

The verdict in this case only goes to make the point further that we can think we know a lot about a case, but actually - as said elsewhere - if you haven't heard every minute of evidence, and been party to the detailed legal points that need to be proved in court, then we really cannot make a "guilty" call from our armchairs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why has the post from Lenny Rider been deleted ?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I served on juries in two longish trials in 2016. I was totally impressed with everything about the process. The 2 blokes who in the first break came out with “Let’s face it, he/they are guilty, just looking at them”, were never allowed to dominate proceedings in the Jury Room or speed things up to their liking. Fair verdicts were reached, democratically, with even the shyest person allowed to speak freely and given as much time as she wanted.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Coroner's Inquest to come.

I've sat on the jury for this one with an aircraft crash and fatality.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So who or what was at error?
It's possible (and I'm not saying this is what happened) that he made a mistake which caused the crash, but that that mistake was not negligent, and therefore it's not manslaughter. People do make mistakes that lead to the death of others, and it's not always manslaughter.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Are you going to defend Jimmy Savile too (as we weren't there either)?

I wasn't defending anyone. Was just making a point that it seems ok to speculate about and condem MJ based on a TV programme but people on here say we can't have an opinion about this case unless we were in Court.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here