Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Southern Rail.......

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But a railway station isn't a public place in the same way that a street is. He is not a rail user, so has no business there, and if he has refused to move on when asked to do so he can have no complaint. And the staff have a duty to keep the station clear, and they have duties clean it too. In the unlikely event of being sacked, they would have a cast iron case for unfair dismissal.

Although the video makes it look like he was on the pavement outzide the station rather than on station property. Regardless it's still a shameful way to treat any human.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Still gives absolutely no right to chuck dirty water over him or prod him with a mop.
No right to stay there if he's been asked to move. And if it's in their job description to mop the floor, then they have every right to do so, and to ask people to move.

Homeless people do need help, and I'm happy to contribute and have done so - and I would never dream of doing to them some of the abuse that some sick louts do. But that doesn't give them the right to plonk themselves down anywhere.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But a railway station isn't a public place in the same way that a street is. He is not a rail user, so has no business there, and if he has refused to move on when asked to do so he can have no complaint.
No complaint? Pouring dirty cleaning water on someone is an assault. He could get seriously ill from losing body heat, given that he's living on the street.

And the staff have a duty to keep the station clear, and they have duties clean it too. In the unlikely event of being sacked, they would have a cast iron case for unfair dismissal.
Cast iron? They're causing damage to the reputation of their employees, which is certainly going to be grounds for some action.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No right to stay there if he's been asked to move. And if it's in their job description to mop the floor, then they have every right to do so, and to ask people to move.

Homeless people do need help, and I'm happy to contribute and have done so - and I would never dream of doing to them some of the abuse that some sick louts do. But that doesn't give them the right to plonk themselves down anywhere.

They can indeed mop the floor, and ask people to move........but they soaked him, and prodded him with a mop. Really not much different from other forms of abuse of the homeless you seem to abhor.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No complaint? Pouring dirty cleaning water on someone is an assault. He could get seriously ill from losing body heat, given that he's living on the street.

Cast iron? They're causing damage to the reputation of their employees, which is certainly going to be grounds for some action.

Absolutely - their contracts will most likely have a 'bringing the company into disrepute' clause that will, if proven, be treated as potential gross misconduct, and potentially leading to instant dismissal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

A friendly tip, when you’re trying to dig yourself out of a hole just stop and walk away. It’s far easier.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

When I was a steward at Withdean it was in my job descripton to get people to sit down. I assume you'd have been happy if I'd thrown dirty water over you if you stood up ?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
When I was a steward at Withdean it was in my job descripton to get people to sit down. I assume you'd have been happy if I'd thrown dirty water over you if you stood up ?

I think that, based on some of the performances we saw at Withdean, that would have come as welcome relief :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Trouble is, they've created a precedent now whereby a nine day closure is considered acceptable. Expect this to become an annual occurrence from here on in. Because they can.

I feel for others who have no choice because it's shit (did it for long enough myself), but last week was ace. Worked from home the whole week, got LOADS of work done without constant interruptions.........didn't lose 3 hours a day commuting and didn't spend £120 doing it..........

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I feel for others who have no choice because it's shit (did it for long enough myself), but last week was ace. Worked from home the whole week, got LOADS of work done without constant interruptions.........didn't lose 3 hours a day commuting and didn't spend £120 doing it..........

But you seemed to be on here all day every day last week, until 5pm !!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here