Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeah cant argue with that. Fair play youve made some signings all pretty much unknowns, premier league wise anyway. Just feel our first 11 are far superior. Beyond that I wouldnt be as confident but lets see who we bring in. Palace are a couple of players away from being really, really good, one injury away from disaster haha. Its the palace way

Would you be as confident about your first 11 if Wilf and RLC are missing ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And yet we will still beat you and finish above you in the league. Lets just forget about all the guff and strip everything back to basics. We are still better than you. I fullt accept its a squad game but barring another season of horrific injuries we are miles ahead of you on the pitch. Miiiiiiillllllleeesss. Even with your new Iranian superstar haha

Are you forgetting we beat you too - in arguably a more important game as it turned out?

You just finished above us when you should have finished waaaaay further above us with your 5 year headstart. You also got there through cheating so it doesn’t really count does it? I will also point out that’s the first time in decades you’ve finished above us when we’ve been in the same league - but it meant little to us as we were very successful and stayed up against the odds :)

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Would you be as confident about your first 11 if Wilf and RLC are missing ?

RLC is a loss and would love him back but he is replaceable. We didnt see enough of him really last season and didnt hit the heights consistently enough. We know the importance of Wilf. No Wilf puts a totally different reflection on things. Pretty confident thats not a concern right now though. Or until January..

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just feel our first 11 are far superior.

Outside of the top 6, I don't think there are any two clubs in the entire Premier League where one is "far superior" to the other. I missed only 1 home match last season and I felt we were only totally outclassed twice, by Liverpool and Chelsea. Although I'm glad we got Citeh out the way first match :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And yet we will still beat you and finish above you in the league. Lets just forget about all the guff and strip everything back to basics. We are still better than you. I fullt accept its a squad game but barring another season of horrific injuries we are miles ahead of you on the pitch. Miiiiiiillllllleeesss. Even with your new Iranian superstar haha
Miles ahead? :lol:
Four years of Premier league football and you beat us by a meagre four points. If you want to get back to basics, those are the basic facts, fella.

At the end of the day, two things attract the better players: 1) money and 2) prospects
1) After four years of Premier league money, I suspect you're still able to pay better than we are, but the longer we stay in this division, the less that becomes and issue - and I suspect we probably won't go down this season.
2) Well, where to start? Your best players either want to leave or were on loan in the first place, we are signing players we've tracked for years. You play in a ramshackle 1980s thing with crap training facilities, we play in a much bigger, fit-for-Premier League stadium and have a magnificent training centre. Our foundations are solid, you change your manager 3 times a season.

Give it 3 or 4 more years and you won't be able to live with us.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
RLC is a loss and would love him back but he is replaceable. We didnt see enough of him really last season and didnt hit the heights consistently enough. We know the importance of Wilf. No Wilf puts a totally different reflection on things. Pretty confident thats not a concern right now though. Or until January..
No, you're right. Zaha definitely won't be leaving Palace. *snigger*

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
You may be or you not be - there's really no way of knowing.

However I very much doubt what you have minus Zaha is ahead of us. Granted if you don't have Zaha then you will have a pot of cash to spend, but one thing your club has excelled at is pissing money up against a wall season after season, drossy player after drossy player.

You see I just dont see how you can say that. I feel all of these would make your 11. In a palace/BHA 11 all of these would make it

PVA - best goal scoring lb in the league imo
Luka
Tomkins
Sakho - has been a starter for France, PSG, Liverpool
AWB - still an unknown quantity to those outside of Palace granted
Townsend
Benteke - jury out on him 17goals season before last. If we forgive him this discretion premier league proven

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah cant argue with that. Fair play youve made some signings all pretty much unknowns, premier league wise anyway. Just feel our first 11 are far superior.

Andone (la liga), Bernardo and Balogun (Bundesliga), Bissouma (Ligue Un), and Alireza (best player in Eredivisie) are all 'unknowns', because they haven't played in the Premier League. But your new free transfer keeper, from Spain, has unquestionably improved your starting XI?

Is that how it works?

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Miles ahead? :lol:
Four years of Premier league football and you beat us by a meagre four points. If you want to get back to basics, those are the basic facts, fella.

At the end of the day, two things attract the better players: 1) money and 2) prospects
1) After four years of Premier league money, I suspect you're still able to pay better than we are, but the longer we stay in this division, the less that becomes and issue - and I suspect we probably won't go down this season.
2) Well, where to start? Your best players either want to leave or were on loan in the first place, we are signing players we've tracked for years. You play in a ramshackle 1980s thing with crap training facilities, we play in a much bigger, fit-for-Premier League stadium and have a magnificent training centre. Our foundations are solid, you change your manager 3 times a season.

Give it 3 or 4 more years and you won't be able to live with us.

saying it and doing it are two different things. We've done it consistently for 6 seasons. Get back to me then yeah

Do I really need to show examples of clubs with lovely stadiums and training grounds who have been and gone from the Premier League?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You see I just dont see how you can say that. I feel all of these would make your 11. In a palace/BHA 11 all of these would make it

Luka
Tomkins
Townsend
Benteke - jury out on him 17goals season before last. If we forgive him this discretion premier league proven

PVA and Luka would have a good case (though he'd be competing directly with Stephens, who is a very good player).

You list your two centre-backs over ours. You might want to go and look at the actual facts - at last year's PL stats, for tackles, interceptions, blocks, headed clearances, etc. Or just at the two sides' goals conceded.

Your kid at full back has played half a dozen senior games. You have no idea how he'll show up this season. From the goals I saw on TV, he has a lot to do yet, despite the (understandable) hype.

I wouldn't swap Knockaert or Izquierdo for Townsend, let alone the new chap.

And Beneteke? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
At the moment the Zaha situation is a lose, lose for Palace. If you keep him, you have little money to strengthen as even Roy knows. That’s without the possibility of him throwing his toys out the pram, which I don’t think he would do. If he has a dip in form, some elements in your support is not very , er, supportive and could turn on him.

If you sell and get , say , 50 million after MUFC have taken their cut, you will have to spend every penny of that to replace a player so important to you, and the way you play, and so late in the window.

As I say, I can’t see a winning scenario for your lot in this.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Andone (la liga), Bernardo and Balogun (Bundesliga), Bissouma (Ligue Un), and Alireza (best player in Eredivisie) are all 'unknowns', because they haven't played in the Premier League. But your new free transfer keeper, from Spain, has unquestionably improved your starting XI?

Is that how it works?

Our nucleus is premier league proven/British players. You on the other hand.. 'gel' springs to mind (as in gelling together!)

examples are

PVA
Benteke
Schlupp
Tomkins
Sakho
Mcarthur
Kelly

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
At the moment the Zaha situation is a lose, lose for Palace. If you keep him, you have little money to strengthen as even Roy knows. That’s without the possibility of him throwing his toys out the pram, which I don’t think he would do. If he has a dip in form, some elements in your support is not very , er, supportive and could turn on him.

If you sell and get , say , 50 million after MUFC have taken their cut, you will have to spend every penny of that to replace a player so important to you, and the way you play, and so late in the window.

Our fans are not very supportive? really? Do you know anything of how Wilf is felt of by the palace fans. Fake news

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013

Exactly the reason why he will not leave. No chance he is going anywhere with two weeks of the window left. What would be the incentive to Palace, makes no sense.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Our nucleus is premier league proven/British players. You on the other hand.. ' gel' springs to mind.

examples are

PVA
Benteke
Schlupp
Tomkins
Sakho
Mcarthur
Kelly

I don't think you need to worry TOO much about the 'gel' part. You're ignoring that we still have every single one of the starting XI who did pretty well last season. We're not about to start the season with a whole new team, and hope they get on okay.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

Luka
Tomkins
Townsend

Jury found him guilty of being a total waste of £28m some time ago.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Is that how it works?

In fairness to [MENTION=27478]TypicalPalace[/MENTION], you could pluck any 10-year-old playing football from any park in the country and stick him in the Palace goal and it would improve their starting Xi.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
saying it and doing it are two different things. We've done it consistently for 6 seasons. Get back to me then yeah

Do I really need to show examples of clubs with lovely stadiums and training grounds who have been and gone from the Premier League?

You have only managed to do it by CHEATING.. going into admin and starting again..it must really hurt to see what we have now and what you could have had if you hadn’t spunked so much money on dross

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Our fans are not very supportive? really? Do you know anything of how Wilf is felt of by the palace fans. Fake news

Throat spitting gestures, the whole team booed off at half time, offering players ‘ outside ‘ cos they are not trying?

It’s not beyond the bounds of possibility, if some of your lot think he’s not trying , they could turn.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
PVA and Luka would have a good case (though he'd be competing directly with Stephens, who is a very good player).

You list your two centre-backs over ours. You might want to go and look at the actual facts - at last year's PL stats, for tackles, interceptions, blocks, headed clearances, etc. Or just at the two sides' goals conceded.

Your kid at full back has played half a dozen senior games. You have no idea how he'll show up this season. From the goals I saw on TV, he has a lot to do yet, despite the (understandable) hype.

I wouldn't swap Knockaert or Izquierdo for Townsend, let alone the new chap.

And Beneteke? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Izquierdo - is a pacy headless chicken
Knockeart for me had one good game - united. He def divides opinion in your fan base.

Would not swap either for Townsend - consistent 7/10 and hard working.
I was one of Benteke's biggest critics last season he has a lot to prove - and I am concerned But if you are judging on his overall record, far and above anything you have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here