Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Should NSC Have A 'Hide Thread' Facility?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How about shunting those threads which are never going to die onto The Other Stuff board?

So the number of views on the two threads stayed the same?

I didn't count the views. The training ground extension post has now had some thumbs up. Nobody has commented on the Bruno mural. I suppose because Bruno hasn't been replaced, just a white wall now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s a bit like asking the staff on the cake counter in a shop to remove the ones I don’t have any intention of buying isn’t it? Plenty (well in some cases the same person over and over again) posts on the threads you want hidden. What’s the problem with just passing them by?

As it happens I don’t much like any of them either.

I am happy to put individuals on ignore. If you do that, even the shittiest threads can become quite amusing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think some threads are invisible to people. I've updated two threads with good news in the last hour but nobody has noticed.

The training ground extension and the Bruno mural wall.

This would be because half the board have you on ignore.

(Obviously kidding. Some posts are definitive, and read without any need of response. As a crap thread starter I have the distinction of having been the only poster on some of my threads. Which reminds me, I am planning on starting a new music thread later. Brace yourselves :lolol::bigwave:)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just don't open the thread, why is there a need to install a layer of censorship and who and how do you decide which ones that should be hidden.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think some threads are invisible to people. I've updated two threads with good news in the last hour but nobody has noticed.

The training ground extension and the Bruno mural wall.

I think your news avatar needs launching with a bottle of bubbly :cool:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

D

Deleted member 2719

had a quick look and there doesn't seem to be a plugin that does this. I'd gladly install one, if it existed.

Is it possible to do some tutorial videos on the best way to do things on NSC like search before you post and how to do that, how to mention someone and general good tips, quick way of making a poll and any other work a rounds.

I am sure there will be many new and old members to benefit from a series of videos.

Maybe some members could make them for you if you gave out topics and you vet them first.

Not sure that EL Pres should make any videos though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Never going to even open the Word Association thread. Ditto the Let's Count To 500,000 thread. Would welcome a way of making them cease to cross the consciousness. Dare say others feel the same about, say, the Horsey Daily NAPS thread.

What's the threads that YOU would gladly welcome blanking forever?

Was thinking just that very recently, it would be great.

I’d use it to hide the 500,000 count, word association, toughest animals, crossword, running, WHL and spiteful threads that seem to pop up in waves.

I don’t often post in the political threads, but I like to have a look every now and then, so I’d keep access.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Is it possible to do some tutorial videos on the best way to do things on NSC like search before you post and how to do that, how to mention someone and general good tips, quick way of making a poll and any other work a rounds.

I am sure there will be many new and old members to benefit from a series of videos.

Maybe some members could make them for you if you gave out topics and you vet them first.

Not sure that EL Pres should make any videos though.

Does NSC search even work? Has it ever worked?

D

Deleted member 2719

Attachments

• nsc cap1.PNG
    nsc cap1.PNG
    107.1 KB · Views: 68

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here