Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] City facing ban

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
They are about to win the domestic treble, I'd say domestically they've hit the ceiling

Domestic Quadruple given they are the holders of the Community Shield (Well if you were a certain ex Man Utd manager you would be claiming all 4 trophies)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I wouldn't be so sure. I can imagine having 4 English teams in the EUFA finals is causing them huge headaches and they are meeting every day to work out a way to make sure it doesn't happen again.

The game is run by money and the pursuit of ever growing piles of it.

At best City will get a fine which will do everything to appease the bean counters and nothing to affect the viability of the Champions League as a flagship product.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If guilty they should face the sternest of penalties BUT lets face it all the governing bodies bottle it when big money clubs rattle their cage because it will hurt the prestige of their competitions. Champions League without the English Champions would be hurt in the pocket UEFA would never settle for that.

The problem seems to be the same body that promotes the sport is also the one that regulates the sport. This gives them a huge conflict of interest.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wouldn't be so sure. I can imagine having 4 English teams in the EUFA finals is causing them huge headaches and they are meeting every day to work out a way to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Ironic that City isn't one of them.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
If City get thrown out of Champions League how many of their players will want a transfer?? More than a few I would bet..

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If City get thrown out of Champions League how many of their players will want a transfer?? More than a few I would bet..
Depends on who can offer them similar wages.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Not sure about this, it would be the second time they have done this I believe. For me this is about the tail wagging the dog.
Director of football says we will spend £350m this window. Under FFP we are allowed to spend £200m. No problem, we will just up our sponsorship deal by £150m to cover it.
Anyway, probably ended up with another big fine to swell UEFAs coffers.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Depends on who can offer them similar wages.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

All of the first team would be welcomed by all the usual suspects. Wait for the rumours of discontent if city do get thrown out .. I bet their contracts have release clauses if the team don't qualify for Champions league.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I would give a cheer:)
Not because I hate City, but I believe it would give a warning to other wealthy clubs, perhaps reduce the big transfers and make the league more open.

Crikey, if city are guilty of that, then Real Madrid and Barcelona would be punished far more heavily.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here