Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Juan Mata

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
We need players who have pace and have the confidence to run at players that is what you need to stay up. Wolves found a few.
Izzy was a major player for us last seaon when he was fit and we really missed him this season . We would have achieved 40 points had he been fit. He should of had his OP a lot earlier.
Need to get rid off Jahanbakhsh he is truly awful and why did we payed all that money for somebody who cannot beat another player.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Giroud for Murray is and certainly will be the very definition of like for like.

Sure he might be an upgrade now, but now he's got Hazard et al doing all his donkey work and yet he still looks a bit pony.
Stick Giroud in our team and within weeks he'll be exactly the same as Murray, only worse, as he'll have no affinity to the club, manager or playing style.
I think you are wrong about Giroud. He's a quality player. And proven.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Care to mention which pundits don't think Hughton will be manager?

Bruno has not even started his coaching badges yet & unless I am mistaken its a requirement to be a manager nowadays. While I love the guy and think he is a potential future coach/manager I dont think even TB would take the gamble on Bruno until he has at least seen him coaching at a lower level.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you are wrong about Giroud. He's a quality player. And proven.

I was going to back down a little, but I just scrolled through has stats and had to go right back to 2015/16 season before finding anything of worth, since then he has been the very epitome of diminishing returns.
All he's done is beat up shite teams, probably because he has some of the worlds best talent surrounding him.

So I'm sticking with my initial (gut reaction) assessment, he'll be worse than GM, if playing for us, because at least Glenn appears to care about being proper shitehouse.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was going to back down a little, but I just scrolled through has stats and had to go right back to 2015/16 season before finding anything of worth, since then he has been the very epitome of diminishing returns.
All he's done is beat up shite teams, probably because he has some of the worlds best talent surrounding him.

So I'm sticking with my initial (gut reaction) assessment, he'll be worse than GM, if playing for us, because at least Glenn appears to care about being proper shitehouse.

I'd agree with you and add a few more top six team players as such, talentless really but with good players to hide them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here