Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Avengers: Endgame (Spoilers in here)

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I don't think they have confirmed when the next Spiderman movie takes place (pre or post snap) - hence Fury's "nice to finally meet you" comment to PP in the trailer, despite being at the funeral (although they may not have spoken then I guess).

I read an article a week that said it was post snap, hence why PP is reluctant to take his Spiderman suit as it was given to him by Tony Stark.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'm not up to date, and won't read the rest of the posts, but I will read replies to mine, so please avoid spoilers if quoting me.

Could you tell me the order of all the films, to watch the saga from start to finish? That way I can check the family are up to date before watching the endgame. Thanks.

354722A4-BB3D-4B80-8058-0EEA83322945.jpeg

We found this list online, and have watched them weekly in this order since December.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Sweet, thanks. Would you recommend that plan, or are there some that don't really add anything and should be missed?

TBH I don't think it's necessary to watch them ALL, maybe just recap on your favourites? Also they weren't released in chronological order so we'd already seen all of them out of order, I don't think it really matters.

As you may know from the other films they don't really link together/follow on directly anyway, there's just parts you notice and go "Oh yeah! That happened in so-and-so film"

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
View attachment 108495

We found this list online, and have watched them weekly in this order since December.

I'd say you should watch:

1. Cap America - 1st Avenger - starts it all off
2. Iron Man - the 1st Movie and key
5. Thor - introduces Thor
6. Avengers
8, Thor The Dark World - not a great film, but needed

Then ideally all of the rest, but you could possibly miss Spiderman Homecoming

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Does this mean they're not going to make any more superhero films?

I got bored of them in about 2014. I still watch the odd one like Guardians of the Galaxy or Deadpool, but I just can't get excited by yet another load of ridiculously over-the-top fight scenes which are hard to follow, go on forever, and don't seem to follow any rules.

Whenever I see another one is coming out all I can think of is Alan Partridge saying: "People like them, let's make some more of them."

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Does this mean they're not going to make any more superhero films?

I got bored of them in about 2014. I still watch the odd one like Guardians of the Galaxy or Deadpool, but I just can't get excited by yet another load of ridiculously over-the-top fight scenes which are hard to follow, go on forever, and don't seem to follow any rules.

Whenever I see another one is coming out all I can think of is Alan Partridge saying: "People like them, let's make some more of them."

Oh well.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Sweet, thanks. Would you recommend that plan, or are there some that don't really add anything and should be missed?

IMO you can easily avoid the Hulk, just know the Hulk is the green lad and he's played by Mark Ruffalo. Also Antman & Wasp should be after Infinity imo.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not up to date, and won't read the rest of the posts, but I will read replies to mine, so please avoid spoilers if quoting me.

Could you tell me the order of all the films, to watch the saga from start to finish? That way I can check the family are up to date before watching the endgame. Thanks.

The problem is there are multiple "definitive" viewing orders. Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk and Thor overlap (in IM2 Agent Coulson is called away to new mexico (Thor) and the screens in the room when Fury talks to Stark about the avengers initiative are showing a fight scene from the Incredible Hulk). So can be watched in almost any order. The end credits scenes often time jump from what is actually going on in the film (the end credit scene from Thor Ragnorak leads directly into the start of infinity war, the post credit scene from Ant-Man and the Wasp follows on from the end of Infinity War, but so does the end credit sequence from Captain Marvel.

I rewatched them in the build up to Endgame, following the sequence that was in a tweet from Marvel.

Captain America The First Avenger
Captain Marvel
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Thor
The Incredible Hulk
Avengers Assemble
Iron Man 3
Thor The Dark World
Captain America The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Avengers Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Captain America Civil War
Black Panther
Spider-Man Homecoming
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Doctor Strange
Thor Ragnorak
Avengers Infinity War
Avengers Endgame

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Everyone that survived the snap in Infinity War had aged five years, like Scott Lang's daughter. Everyone that vanished and then came back, was brought back at the age they vanished. That's fine. But I know from watching the trailer for the next Spiderman that it's exactly the same cast and they're all the same age. I know it's possible that they all vanished in the snap, so none of them aged, but the randomness of Thanos' plan makes that extremely unlikely. Such a tiny thing, but it frustrates me so much.

Not all of them, just the main ones.

I loved it. But they need to work out what form of time travel they're using because none of the Steve Rodgers/Captain America stuff added up at the end despite loads of exposition earlier in the film about how time travel worked.

Nah. Tony Stark showed he was super smart, and he could predict the Avengers behaviour when he shows up at the compound without any indication of him spying on them and knows they not only continued to try to go the time travel route, they'd use Hulk, and that they'd fail in the manner that they did. He obviously accounted for their behaviour, and any other flaws/errors/etc when he snapped his fingers, to smooth out any inconsistencies.

:drink:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The problem is there are multiple "definitive" viewing orders. Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk and Thor overlap (in IM2 Agent Coulson is called away to new mexico (Thor) and the screens in the room when Fury talks to Stark about the avengers initiative are showing a fight scene from the Incredible Hulk). So can be watched in almost any order. The end credits scenes often time jump from what is actually going on in the film (the end credit scene from Thor Ragnorak leads directly into the start of infinity war, the post credit scene from Ant-Man and the Wasp follows on from the end of Infinity War, but so does the end credit sequence from Captain Marvel.

I rewatched them in the build up to Endgame, following the sequence that was in a tweet from Marvel.
Blimey, you've got Captain Marvel as the second film, Goring-by-seagul had it as the last. What's going on there?

Which order should we follow?

PS - thanks for the help

Northern_Gull

Mar 30, 2019
Yorkshire
In chronological order Captain Marvel is the second film, but in the release order it was the one before end game, so it depends what experience you want to go with, chronological or the order that they came out in/ most people saw them

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Blimey, you've got Captain Marvel as the second film, Goring-by-seagul had it as the last. What's going on there?

PS - thanks for the help

The list I used, and started in December - was a good 4-5 months before Captain Marvel came out in cinemas. So I (like everyone else who would want to watch them in order in the lead up to End Game) unfortunately had no choice but to watch that one last!

(Captain Marvel is set in the 90s, so way before Stark gets his suit on, but 50 odd years after Captain America! So like I said previously, it doesn't really matter :lolol:)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

PS - thanks for the help

I think my list, generally speaking, ignored the post credit stuff and was chronological order of the bulk of the story. Captain America First Avenger is mostly set during the first world war, Captain Marvel was set in the 90s, Iron man onwards set in 2008 onwards. However, the end credits of Captain Marvel has a scene set after infinity war. I would agree with the other poster who says it doesn't really matter which order you watch them in. Generally there are three phases, and I would watch them in groups in that order.

Phase 1 (listed in release order)
Iron Man*
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor*
Captain America: The First Avenger*
The Avengers*

Watch Iron Man before Iron Man 2, obvs.
Finish with Avengers (known as Avengers Assemble in the UK). Other than that any order, really. This is mostly about introducing the characters and the worlds, so meet them, then see them come together in Avengers.

Phase 2
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World*
Captain America: The Winter Soldier*
Guardians of the Galaxy*
Avengers: Age of Ultron*
Ant-Man

Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man are largely separate from the rest, so can be seen in any order. I would probably end with Avengers Age of Ultron (though Ant-man is released after it, there's something about ending the phases with Avengers that feels better).

Phase 3
Captain America: Civil War*
Doctor Strange*
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming*
Thor: Ragnarok*
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War*
Ant-Man and the Wasp*
Captain Marvel*
Avengers: Endgame
Spider-Man: Far From Home

-Spider-Man: Far from home isn't out yet so ignore that.
-Civil War introduces Spider-Man and Black Panther to the MCU so should be watched before either Black Panther or Spider-man Homecoming.
-Doctor Strange should probably be watched before Thor: Ragnorak.
-Thor's post credit scene leads into the very start of Infinity War
-Again, Guardians of the Galaxy is largely separate from the Avengers story so anywhere before Infinity War.

After that it gets murky.

-Infinity War and Endgame are essentially two halves of the same movie, so there is a sense they should be watched as a double-bill
-However, the post-credit scene of Ant-Man and the Wasp is set after Infinity War but before Endgame, as is the post credit scene from Captain Marvel. If you're so inclined, I'd say watch Ant-Man and the Wasp and Captain Marvel before Infinity War (and probably before Thor Ragnorak), then between Infinity War and Endgame watch the end credits scenes of Ant-Man and Captain Marvel, before Endgame.

*Features something that sets up something in Endgame (may be important storyline point, or a 'joke', or set up a moment).

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The list I used, and started in December - was a good 4-5 months before Captain Marvel came out in cinemas. So I (like everyone else who would want to watch them in order in the lead up to End Game) unfortunately had no choice but to watch that one last!

(Captain Marvel is set in the 90s, so way before Stark gets his suit on, but 50 odd years after Captain America! So like I said previously, it doesn't really matter :lolol:)

I did my re-watch one a day leading up to the premiere of Endgame, starting end of March (I had to allow for a couple of days that I knew I wouldn't be able to watch one), so Captain Marvel was out when I needed it to be.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Terrific movie. I've seen them all because Mrs Earle is a huge fan and most seem to start with a battle scene that sends me to sleep and I miss the point of the rest of the film. But Endgame is superb and, for me, tied up all the loose ends with a well paced, frequently funny, film. Big Lebowski :lolol:

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I did my re-watch one a day leading up to the premiere of Endgame, starting end of March (I had to allow for a couple of days that I knew I wouldn't be able to watch one), so Captain Marvel was out when I needed it to be.

One a day!! Now THAT'S dedication

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It was alright. Hugely ambitious, impressively so. I got a bit confused at times even though I've seen 95% of the films but that's probably down to my poor memory. I preferred the previous avengers film to be honest.

Also, am I the only one that dislikes Captain America? I find him hugely annoying(even if the winter soldier and civil war are two of the best marvel movies).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Terrific movie. I've seen them all because Mrs Earle is a huge fan and most seem to start with a battle scene that sends me to sleep and I miss the point of the rest of the film. But Endgame is superb and, for me, tied up all the loose ends with a well paced, frequently funny, film. Big Lebowski :lolol:

This, just come back from watching film.
Brilliant all the way through.... Scarlett Johansson :drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here