Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I think the problem is that I don't know whether to be excited or not. Is he another Percy Tau or is he the real deal. I'd like to think we've been scouting about for players that can strengthen the team now, but we all know that the club management is very patient and methodical (good thing), so we'll have to wait and see if he'll make the grade.

Let's hope he plays tomorrow and scores 3.

But, I agree. We are in danger of getting blasé about it all.

Yeah, I think it's more a case of him playing a single minute of first team football (for us) in the next 4.5 years.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We just beat Boca Juniors, to the signing of a 20 year old Argentinian, attacking midfielder, for £7 million, and the news has barely registered on NSC.

Amazing, how quickly we have taken our new exalted status for granted.

Wasn't that long ago our entire squad was less than £7million.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think the problem is that I don't know whether to be excited or not. Is he another Percy Tau or is he the real deal. I'd like to think we've been scouting about for players that can strengthen the team now, but we all know that the club management is very patient and methodical (good thing), so we'll have to wait and see if he'll make the grade.

Let's hope he plays tomorrow and scores 3.

But, I agree. We are in danger of getting blasé about it all.
Percy Tau is quality what do mean another Tau or the real deal?

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Percy tau is decent we just can't play him.

I was in Cape town recently and Percy is a hero there.... Billboards , adverts on TV etc. It's a strange situation

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Like with a lot of clubs in the top divisions we sign players that have major advertising appeal in different international markets. Tau in SA will raise our branding appeal. The same with OnlyAlireza, Isq, Balogun, and Ryan (though he is also a fantastic GK). We're steadily raising our profile in major markets world wide which is probably 50% of the reason for any transfer for us now.

The main reason Barcelona signed KPB is they need a recognised African player in their squad. Not a bad player, can do a job and will certainly sell a few shirts in West Africa, probably financially more than what they bought him for as well...AND at the end of the season they can sell him to China for £40M. Win/win.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We just beat Boca Juniors, to the signing of a 20 year old Argentinian, attacking midfielder, for £7 million, and the news has barely registered on NSC.

Amazing, how quickly we have taken our new exalted status for granted.

To be fair, I imagine there would be a bit more fanfare if he was joining with immediate effect, as opposed to in the Summer. He's effectively a Summer signing given the terms of the deal. Looking forward to seeing him play.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Percy Tau is quality what do mean another Tau or the real deal?

I mean the 'real deal'

As for Percy Tau, I have no idea if he's quality or not. Until he plays in a top league, none of us will know. Hell, I'm a legend in my own bedroom - it doesn't make me Casanova (and nor would I want to be I might add).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I think that is the fourth such reference on this thread implying that NSC hasn't taken any notice of this signing, which seems odd to me. This is now a thread with 354 posts; when we signed Bissouma in the summer for at least £10 million his thread was of a similar length - 372 posts. And I don't remember anyone suggesting that his signing had been ignored on NSC?

And surely we (or any Premier League team, for that matter) are going to beat Boca Juniors to the signing of a player that we want, aren't we?

:shrug:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I mean the 'real deal'

As for Percy Tau, I have no idea if he's quality or not. Until he plays in a top league, none of us will know. Hell, I'm a legend in my own bedroom - it doesn't make me Casanova (and nor would I want to be I might add).

Not what I've heard.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It's probably been mentioned before, but if not, it's worth noting that his brothers are called Kevin and Francis.

Argentinian footballers Kevin MacAllister and Frank MacAllister.

Kevin MacAllister was the name of Macauley Caulkin's character in Home Alone.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
From the looks of the youtube compilations, he looks a tidy player (but then again, don't they always!). Seems to have very good ability on the ball, more than capable of hitting one from long range (and judging by his shooting stats he isn't afraid to either.) Looks a player who can create or score out of absolutely nothing, via through balls or long shots, and looks to get in similar positions to Gross. Can certainly see him fitting into the system we play currently

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
oooh have I missed the YouTube highlights clip of him looking like Maradona ?

Looking like him? Well they share a similar early career although Ally Mac found a BBD (bigger, better, deal).

Maradona played around 160 games for Asociación Atlética Argentinos Juniors before he joined Boca around the age of 20.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here