Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Juncker stating today that they expect another extension to be be requested/given in October.

We are never leaving the EU - the idea that a mandate given in 2016 should still be valid in 2019-2020 is laughable.

I guess by that logic we should have a vote on EU membership every 3-4 years then.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The EU may well have a very different composition after these elections. People should not suppose that it will uphold the same values that it has worked so hard to impose upon the people these past twenty years. If there is a wild lurch to the right, then will all the EU apologists still argue their case so vehemently?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The EU may well have a very different composition after these elections. People should not suppose that it will uphold the same values that it has worked so hard to impose upon the people these past twenty years. If there is a wild lurch to the right, then will all the EU apologists still argue their case so vehemently?

A border is a border, a few fascists, lots of fascists or no fascists

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So the composition of the EU parliament doesn't bother you at all? Is that because you are so committed to it?

Well it does bother me, but when it comes to Brexit I don't think its will change reality for the United Kingdom any more than changing our PM

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well it does bother me, but when it comes to Brexit I don't think its will change reality for the United Kingdom any more than changing our PM

Fair enough, thanks.

About Brexit, you are saying the UK won't change with it any more than if we changed PM? I must say that is refreshing from a remainer. Most seem to envisage doomsday.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Changing our PM for a more committed Leaver will probably polarise opposing views still further and make the 'middle ground' more toxic, although I agree it is moving in that direction anyway.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
So the composition of the EU parliament doesn't bother you at all? Is that because you are so committed to it?

I'm sure I read on here that the European Parliament is a powerless shell of non democracy that merely rubber-stamps every desire of the bloated commissioners. Or something along those lines.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm sure I read on here that the European Parliament is a powerless shell of non democracy that merely rubber-stamps every desire of the bloated commissioners. Or something along those lines.

Lots of people think that and that is probably why so few bother to vote in elections for it. It is shocking and damaging whoever you want in the vote.

Do you think it is effective and would a vastly different composition bother you? From my own perspective, I would be fairly alarmed if some of the more racist elements in the EU increased their share of influence.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Lots of people think that and that is probably why so few bother to vote in elections for it. It is shocking and damaging whoever you want in the vote.

Do you think it is effective and would a vastly different composition bother you? From my own perspective, I would be fairly alarmed if some of the more racist elements in the EU increased their share of influence.

I would be alarmed too. That's why I vote for MEPs who I know will turn up, participate and represent Britain's interests and struggle to understand why anyone would vote for someone who wouldn't even do the basics of their job :shrug:

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I guess by that logic we should have a vote on EU membership every 3-4 years then.

Next they'll be saying people ought to get another chance to vote for their government every 3-4 years.

Oh, wait...

Happy Exile

NSC Patreon
Apr 19, 2018
I'm generally an empathetic chap and can understand points of view from other people, but I literally can't imagine either being so immune to facts and evidence, or alternatively so despising of my country, that I'd vote for anything associated with Farage. It's incredible he'll get so much support today and I actually feel sorry for people who are so hoodwinked. What's happened to them that they can't see it?!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm generally an empathetic chap and can understand points of view from other people, but I literally can't imagine either being so immune to facts and evidence, or alternatively so despising of my country, that I'd vote for anything associated with Farage. It's incredible he'll get so much support today and I actually feel sorry for people who are so hoodwinked. What's happened to them that they can't see it?!

People who vote for the Brexit Party despise their country?

Maybe you just aren't as empathetic or as understanding of other points of view as you think you are.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I thought that was the plnk fairy, for sure

I have to say that Pretty Pink Fairy certainly has his work cut out to try and be more stupid than the account he has set up to satire.

If only Johnny Speight was still around for advice :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Just popped in on election day to see whats happening on this thread. Glad to see nothing has changed so I can depart again for a few weeks :thumbsup:

Until Brexit Voters stop voting down each others Brexit plans in the British parliament (the one that can actually enact Brexit), nothing will change.

I thought that much was obvious, regardless of anything else :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here