Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Relegation odds 2019/20

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Albion were I think 15/8 joint third favourites (with Burnley) for the drop all summer, even after signing Maupay and Mooy. Now:

F0A42542-BB40-4C61-B891-0C899424DC4F.png

Yes I know some teams haven’t played yet, but it’s good to see markets already reflecting that we might not be doomed after all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bit hard on wet sham, those odds. I'd love them to succomb, but they were playing the best side in the world today :shrug:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Watford are in big trouble. Awful performance topped with an aging squad. Worth some money on them

Ben Foster 35
Gomes 38
Holebas 35
Cathcart 30
Janmaat 30
Mariappa 32
Prödl 32

That's just in defence

Cleverly 30
Deeney 31
Capoue 31

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
INTERESTING VIEW

Though everyone under the sun seems to be backing Brighton and Hove Albion (15th) for the drop, I’m a little more optimistic.

‘Be careful what you wish for’ seems to be the common trope, but Albion’s record last year was utterly abhorrent: two wins in 2019, including a run of six league matches without a single goal, surviving with a paltry 36 points, is simply not good enough. And the data showed it in uncompromising terms, something owner Tony Bloom is big on.

Chris Hughton is a club legend, but this was the right time for a change, and Graham Potter comes in with a brand new, exciting style of football. Potter did brilliantly with an asset-stripped Swansea side last year, and he’s ready to prove a few naysayers wrong.

Albion’s transfer business has been solid: winger Leandro Trossard joins with a big reputation from Genk, Adam Webster (arguably the best centre-back in the Championship last year) will line-up with Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy in a back three, while the prolific Neal Maupay will spearhead the attack.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Although they also seem to suggest that West Ham's point today is seen as poor.

Not sure that's correct.

Their odds lengthened, meaning less likely to go down. So a good point.

Strange that. For WHU to come away from the mighty Albion with a point is an amazing result for them.
Nowadays, these odds are really decided by the millions betting abroad, particularly in Asia. They'll have seen a live feed and noted our domination, combining it with those three fluffed 2nd half chances that fell to Maupay and Trossard which should really have produced at least two more goals.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nowadays, these odds are really decided by the millions betting abroad, particularly in Asia. They'll have seen a live feed and noted our domination, combining it with those three 2nd half chances that fell to Maupay and Trossard which should really have produced at least two goals.

That’s my take, plus far greater sums are wagered globally on ManU, Liverpool, ManC etc, giving them shorter odds on any bet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here