Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mosque shooting in Christchurch, NZ

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Streamed live from a headcam - how sick can you get? I guess we get the world we deserve.

new-zealand-11.jpg

That looks like some serious hardware, how the hell did they get guns like that?

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Very sad times.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
That looks like some serious hardware, how the hell did they get guns like that?

He had at least three of those in a picture I saw of him in his car. All with slogans written on them in white paint. One said "Kebab remover."

If four people each had 3 guns, that's a ridiculous level of hardware, and must have taken an awful lot of planning.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As well as the numerous witness reports of casualties, the Bangladesh national cricket team appear to have narrowly escaped the shooting.

A reporter following the team, who were due to play New Zealand in a now-cancelled test match on Saturday, tweeted that the team had "escaped from a mosque near Hagley Park where there were active shooters".

Player Tamim Iqbal tweeted that the "entire team got saved from active shooters".

Bangladesh Cricket Board spokesman Jalal Yunus said most of the team had gone to mosque by bus and were about to go inside when the incident took place.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Would seem very strange if its white / right wing doing this as you don't get that even in the UK .

MP murdered, Man drove van in to people outside a mosque in an attack, and police have foiled many right wing terror attacks in the uk the past couple of years.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
An appalling event and so senseless. No doubt it will fit into a mad right wing view on how to 'deal' with muslims in western societies. Let's hope it is a huge outlier.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
In the midst of this appalling tragedy, the following might help to shed some light on the gunman and his abhorrent, radicalized mindset and world views.

Some names, the link to the source of this material, images, and any other links other than Wikipedia have been deleted out of respect.

To prevent further atrocities, it's quite clear that firm action needs to be taken to counter the radicalizing of predominantly young men on the internet.

A gunman — now identified as Brenton Tarrant — has massacred unarmed people in a mosque in Christchurch’s Hagley Park (New Zealand), and the gruesome events were livestreamed on Facebook by the shooter himself.

Prior to going on the shooting spree, Tarrant made a number of meme references...and playing a Serbian military song from the ‘90s called “Remove Kebab” popularized by alt-right YouTubers that was originally a memetic euphemism for ethnic cleansing.

An independent journalist later discovered his Twitter account...where he posted images of the firearms and gear he used in the attack. His guns and ammo magazines are covered in the names of the victims of terror attacks in the West.

The shooter posted the livestream, as well as a manifesto titled “The Great Replacement" where he tried to justify his actions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Replacement_conspiracy_theory

Tarrant lists the declining birthrates of white people in Western countries all over the world and the demographic takeover by Muslims as the main drive for his actions.

In his manifesto, Tarrant says he represents “Millions of European and other ethno-nationalist peoples that wish to live in peace amongst their own people, living in their own lands, practicing their own traditions and deciding the future of their own kind.” He claims not to be a direct member of any political group or movement, but has in fact donated to “many” and interacted with “many more.”

He stated that while no group ordered the attack, he was in contact with the “reborn Knights Templar” who offered him their blessing.

Tarrant says that the intent of his terrorist attack was to “show the invaders that their lands will never be their lands,” fend off foreign invaders, and to take revenge for...other victims of terrorist violence in the West. He further intends to sow discord among both his enemies as well as Europeans to force these groups into a position of violence.

In the Q&A section of The Great Replacement, Tarrant declines to blame video games for his actions, choosing instead to quip: “Yes, Spyro the dragon 3 taught me ethno-nationalism. Fortnite treained me to be a killer and to floss on the corpses of my enemies. No.”

The shooter, who identifies as an “eco-fascist,” writes that he believes in “ethnic autonomy for all peoples with a focus on the preservation of nature, and the natural order.”

Although one might expect Tarrant to support Donald Trump, he writes that he only supports the US President as a “symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose” but not as a “policy maker and leader.” “Dear god no,” he writes.

When answering the question 'Is there a person that radicalized you the most?', Tarrant thanks the Internet for the development of his beliefs, stating that the person who influenced his views the most was a representative of TurningPoint USA...whom he thanks for stunning him with “her insights and her own views,” which he claims “helped push me further and further into the belief of violence over meekness.”

The shooter says in the manifesto that he intends to stand trial for his actions, which he intends to plead “not guilty” to. “The attack was a partisan action against a occupying force, and I am a lawful, uniformed combatant.”

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I have serious concerns about Islam, but you've got to be one sick f*** to kill innocent people like that. Kids murdered too which makes it even more stomach churning. So, so sad. RIP.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
In a world where we seem to be becoming immune to tragic events like this one given their high frequency I am still shocked and in tears over the senseless death of at least 40 innocent people who should be safe in any place of worship

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here