Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Oh it is, the law states that The United Kingdom will leave the European Union on the 29th of March 2019.
Tickety Tock.

Maybe for people who struggle to get their heads round it it does seem to be an event, however "Brexit" doesn't end on 30th March 2019. There then comes the rest of it, whether that is the transition phase through May's deal or the carnage of No Deal in the event of that happening. The only way Brexit does become an "event" as such is if it's boxed off by revocation.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh it is, the law states that The United Kingdom will leave the European Union on the 29th of March 2019.
Tickety Tock.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll be surprised if we leave on that date.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Maybe for people who struggle to get their heads round it it does seem to be an event, however "Brexit" doesn't end on 30th March 2019. There then comes the rest of it, whether that is the transition phase through May's deal or the carnage of No Deal in the event of that happening. The only way Brexit does become an "event" as such is if it's boxed off by revocation.

Carnage eh?
Ooooh the drama.

On our way.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
You could well be correct, however, to not leave on 29th March 2019 would be a supreme act of treachery from collaborators in Parliament.It would never recover from that.

On our way.

I really struggle to see how the UK leaving the EU on say the 1st April rather than the 29th March would be a betrayal or a supreme act of treachery ( :lolol: ), if that meant leaving with an acceptable deal.

Talk about melodramatic!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I really struggle to see how the UK leaving the EU on say the 1st April rather than the 29th March would be a betrayal or a supreme act of treachery ( :lolol: ), if that meant leaving with an acceptable deal.

Talk about melodramatic!

I think the collaborators in Parliament aren’t looking at delaying for a day or two, they want to kick the can down the road so far in the hope that the British public will become bored with it, that is not going to happen, we’ve voted for it and it will be honoured, the desperate nation loathers on the #peoplesvote know that this is the only way to stop the largest mandate in British political history, it is clear that there is not going to be a losers vote so they are exploring other avenues .They REALLY didn’t like our vote, incredulous with rage that We voted to leave, livid they are.

On our way

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think the collaborators in Parliament aren’t looking at delaying for a day or two, they want to kick the can down the road so far in the hope that the British public will become bored with it, that is not going to happen, we’ve voted for it and it will be honoured, the desperate nation loathers on the #peoplesvote know that this is the only way to stop the largest mandate in British political history, it is clear that there is not going to be a losers vote so they are exploring other avenues .They REALLY didn’t like our vote, incredulous with rage that We voted to leave, livid they are.

On our way

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/jacob-rees-mogg-responds-second-2485790

Second referendum :thumbsup:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
[tweet]1091320680686194688[/tweet]

Shall we just pull the plug now or maybe wait to see just how much Aron Banks et al did to fiddle the referendum.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
CBA. Suffice to say that once again, 2 Braincells is wrong.

Ceuta and Mellila both elect to the Spanish parliament and are officially "autonomous cities of Spain". You can argue the rights and wrongs of Spain's ownership, but they are both much more part of Spain than Gibraltar is of Great Britain.

And tell me you utter dimwit how Spain obtained possession of Ceuta and Mellila?Perhaps the nice African people who lived there thought "let's move out of our homes and let Franco take over",just for giggles?😂

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And tell me you utter dimwit how Spain obtained possession of Ceuta and Mellila?Perhaps the nice African people who lived there thought "let's move out of our homes and let Franco take over",just for giggles?��

You said:

"Part of Great Britain just as much as Ceuta and Mellila are of Spain"

All I'm doing is correcting another post of yours that is jam packed full of wrong. I didn't dispute your account of how Spain acquired these two cities, although with your form I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if you've got that completely wrong too.

I actually agree with you that their position on Gibraltar is somewhat hypocritical and their argument hangs somewhat dubiously on what defines a colony, as if just because Ceuta/Mallila are a few kms over the sea, they're not culturally part of North Africa. But the fact remains, you are wrong when you say they are no less a part of Spain than Gib is of GB.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I’m not sure there’s any fight left for a losers vote now, Cooper and her fellow traitors looked bereft on Tuesday.
Good spot though.

On our way.

Jeez, you really are a Brexit tabloid victim

Everyoine is a loser if we still go ahead with this crazy experiment. Except a few disaster economists...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]1091320680686194688[/tweet]

Shall we just pull the plug now or maybe wait to see just how much Aron Banks et al did to fiddle the referendum.

Carole just loves Banks. Don't pull the plug, keep digging...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here