Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Your Five Fave Dinner Party Guests.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Cate Blanchett
Warwick Davies
Tony Hancock
Reece Shearsmith
Laurel & Hardy

(ok, that's 6, but I can share a seat with the lovely Cate)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Couldnt think of anyone worse to have at a dinner party, absolutely repulsive woman. I actually think id rather have a conversation with Hitler than her.

I've seen a number interviews with her and she comes across as a witty and intelligent lady. She's also meant to be a very good writer. You might not agree with her politics but you could argue the same with Churchill and of course Hitler. I picked the people because they are all strong intelligent people. I'm never going to agree with Hitler but he was possibly one of the cleverest politicians of the 20th C.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Paris Hilton
Britney Spears
Pamela Anderson
Abi Titmuss
Kim Kardashian

Oysters on the menu and video camera on standby....

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Sticking with those thankfully still with us trying to find a balance of sport music humour and a sassy lady to keep GB from rambling too much :rolleyes:

Kevin Bridges or Henning Wehn
David Millar (Cyclist)
Geoff Boycott
Gabby Logan
Mark Burgess (The Chameleons)

Certainly Gil Scott Heron if still alive. Tony Benn political choice

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
1. Louis Theroux
2. Paul Gascoigne
3. Dave Benson-Phillips
4. Viv Richards
5. Henry Kissenger

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Queen Victoria
John Lennon
Olly Reed
Barack Obama
Jesus Christ

Mix it up a bit

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Ernest Hemingway
Christopher Lee
Keith Moon
Spike Milligan
The Queen (she must have some good stories)

D

Deleted member 2719

1.Donald Trump
2.Kim jong-un
3.Vladimir Putin
4.Monica lewinsky
5.John Holmes

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Stephen Spielberg
Christian Bale
Winston Churchill
Jean Michel Jarre
Jodie Foster

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Probably 5 mates. I know we get on.

Dinner parties with strangers could be awful.

Alternatively

Eugenie Bouchard
Eugenie Bouchard's twin
Rachel Stevens
Rachel Riley
Emma Watson

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
This may have been done before, but hey, even if it has we can do it all over again.

If you were able to choose any five guests, alive or dead, to invite to your dinner party, who would they be?

After a lot of thought, I'll kick-off with my five . . .

1 ... Gus Poyet. A marmite character who split opinions, with his massive ego, you probably either love him or hate him, not much inbetween, but either way with his Latin temprament an engaging personality I would think.

2 ... Winston Churchill. Possibly on a lot of peoples lists, and recently voted as one of the five greatest Britons of all time, our wartime leader of course, and whilst l am no Conservative, will admit to him being a great politician, and I'm sure a great story teller.

3 ... Rick Stein. My favourite chef, and I just love all of his many tv series, many of which are more like travel blogs than mere cookery programmes. Someone with a lot to say on many subjects I think, and I would love to listen to him.

4 ... Cher. One of my favourite singers, (I just love Divas), what a career she has had, now 72, Cherilyn Sarkisian started off siinging alongside her ex husband Sonny Bono back in the 1960's.

5 ... Malcolm Aldred, Magic Malc as he was known was one of my very best buddies, sadly died in front of me from a heart attack a year ago. A Crystal Palace fan sadly, but an interesting guy, and I miss him terribly.

Who would you invite?

I met Gus in a social situation a few years ago.

He certainly is an interesting guy to talk to and an engaging story teller. Life and soul of the party.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Keith Floyd is a good shout as is Peter Cook, Tommy Cooper and Bill Hicks would probably be good too

If we were going to have a jam after, Steve Winwood, Ronnie Lane, Jimi Hendrix, Keith moon and Otis Redding. Or just the Faces circa 1973!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here