Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

So, so far
[MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] [MENTION=21987]geoff[/MENTION]btn2 + 2

[MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION]? [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION]? [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION]? [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]? [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION]? [MENTION=21898]The judge[/MENTION]? [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION]? [MENTION=705]Jeep[/MENTION]? [MENTION=11738]Spreadbetting Seagull[/MENTION]? [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION]? [MENTION=24884]Fignon's Ponytail[/MENTION]? [MENTION=17085]armchairclubber[/MENTION] [MENTION=33955]nickbrighton[/MENTION]? [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION]? [MENTION=4472]strings[/MENTION]? [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION]? [MENTION=54]teaboy[/MENTION]?

And that's off the top of my head.

Pledge your interest!

I'm in pogue!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmmmm we seem to no longer be the first point of call for news!

Come on [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] & [MENTION=4472]strings[/MENTION] let's have the gossip.

Last edited:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Hmmmm we seem o no longer be the first point of call for news!

Come on [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] & [MENTION=4472]strings[/MENTION] let's have the gossip.
Haven't had a chance to sync my Garmin yet. About 4 hours 15. It was hilly for the first 50, then windy the whole way back!

At my slowest, on the hardest climb, Andy Tennant casually glided past, asked if i was doing alright and then swiftly disappeared over the top of the climb!

The worst bit was between the last two rest stops 66k-87k.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Haven't had a chance to sync my Garmin yet. About 4 hours 15. It was hilly for the first 50, then windy the whole way back!

At my slowest, on the hardest climb, Andy Tennant casually glided past, asked if i was doing alright and then swiftly disappeared over the top of the climb!

The worst bit was between the last two rest stops 66k-87k.

Oh get you riding with pros, you should have chased after him and shouted "quad power" while ramming him off the road.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I tried to hold his wheel... Lasted 20 metres tops!!

20 metres now you're just bragging.

I assume you had a good day?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes.

And watching 'as live' this evening has been truly marvellous. What a stage.

Got another from Excelsior who'd be up for the Selhurst ride, including cycling up there again for those who want to make it a longer day. We could organise it next time, for a first group to depart Selhurst without needing to wait if the group cycling up were late due to punctures or mechanicals, or getting drunk with Gully's Girls until 2am [MENTION=461]Mendoza[/MENTION]...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gawd bless you Strava trophies:-

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Come on fellas, strings deserves some kudos!

As I get older I begin to appreciate the role of stress on fatigue. Its been a tough year at work, so I'm not bouncing out of bed and when I ride, I'm setting out still tired. Even a downhill stretch felt like hard work yesterday so I took the easy option to abandon the planned route and head home early. My tank is just empty right now.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I've been back in the UK for two weeks and still haven't got out for a proper ride. Just one excursion, to town, on my MTB.

Weather in this country is so shitty, isn't it? My MOJO could not be lower.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've been back in the UK for two weeks and still haven't got out for a proper ride. Just one excursion, to town, on my MTB.

Weather in this country is so shitty, isn't it? My MOJO could not be lower.

Can't see anything wrong with our weather personally, except when it hits 30 degrees.

Having just watched the Vuelta and seen again that 90 odd % of it was in soaring temps through a dry and barren landscape, I know which I prefer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here