Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25 Man Squad [2019 Edition]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Fair to say we wont have everyone in the squad from last year in this years squad...TH and GM are both aging strikers and only room to have one, as for Locadia? so its been written many time the answer to our striking issues are not in the squad, therefore new speedy/mobile striker a priority.. as well as RB and CM.

Kayal may want more game time as would Balogun, loads can happen once the trading really gets going.
I think if Pröpper stays ( and the Ajax story has gone mighty quiet ), then it'll be a real possibility that Kayal goes ( loan or sale ).

So there is still a reasonable chance we'll bring in a new central midfielder.

A striker is of course the main priority.

Total signings ( excluding U23 ), 1 - 3 ?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I think if Pröpper stays ( and the Ajax story has gone mighty quiet ), then it'll be a real possibility that Kayal goes ( loan or sale ).

So there is still a reasonable chance we'll bring in a new central midfielder.

A striker is of course the main priority.

Total signings ( excluding U23 ), 1 - 3 ?

must admit I was surprised first two players signed were in positions not highlighted as needing new players in..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
With Izquierdo injured, AJ not done anything yet, Knocky up-and-down, yes winger was heavily needed. Solly s solid on the left but right wing was a problem for us all season

Yeh, we'll need all the wingers we can get if we're going to play wing-backs in a 3-5-2 formation! Still, I suppose we can always drill their defensive duties into incoming wingers before they get in the team. Should work well.........

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Leandro Trossard joins the albion ! Welcome.

:albion2:

1. Ryan
2. Button ( HGP )
3. Steele ( HGP ) or Walton ( HGP ) or Sanchez ( HGP )
4. Schelotto or New Signing ( Right Back )
5. Montoya
6. Bernardo
7. Bong
8. Balogun
9. Dunk ( HGP )
10. Duffy ( HGP )
11. Burn ( HGP )
12. Clarke ( HGP )
U21. Băluţă
13. Stephens ( HGP )
14. Kayal
15. Bissouma
16. Pröpper ( off to Ajax ? - Gone very quiet on this ) or New Signing
17. Groß
18. Trossard
19. Jahanbakhsh
20. Knockaert
21. March ( HGP )
22. Murray ( HGP )
23. Andone
24. Locadia
25. New Signing ( Striker)
U21. Mlakar
U21. Gyokeres
U21. Connolly
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
26. Tau ( work permit needed )
27. Izquierdo ( injured )
28. Hemed
29. Suttner
30. White ( HGP )
31. Ahannach

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Presumably based on reasonably credible stories and players we're "linked with" , then we're still after for the first team squad; a striker, a right back and a attacking midfielder.
and guessing one of those could/would be u21 to enable being named in a 25 man squad without any necessary movement out...

(with assumption that Schelotto, Suttner, Hemed, White are all being loaned out or sold and Izquierdo not available until January. )

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Presumably based on reasonably credible stories and players we're "linked with" , then we're still after for the first team squad; a striker, a right back and a attacking midfielder.
and guessing one of those could/would be u21 to enable being named in a 25 man squad without any necessary movement out...

(with assumption that Schelotto, Suttner, Hemed, White are all being loaned out or sold and Izquierdo not available until January. )

Trossard surely is the 'attacking midfielder'?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Trossard surely is the 'attacking midfielder'?

He's a winger. Like Locadia, Ali J, March - and now Trossard, they can all play more central roles i guess but they've not exactly shone in those positions for us and its not their natural role. I'm assuming the club is looking for a more like for like replacement for Gross.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

Not disagreeing with you, but why sign Hemed up for another year to not include him in the 25 or to just loan him out? I have a feeling he'll be included in the 25 and surely the decision to give him another year must have had something to do with Potter (who probably knows a bit about him from the Championship last season). Not fussed if he's not in the 25 but if that's the case then surely signing him up for another year has to be one of the most stupid decisions the club has made in recent seasons?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not disagreeing with you, but why sign Hemed up for another year to not include him in the 25 or to just loan him out? I have a feeling he'll be included in the 25 and surely the decision to give him another year must have had something to do with Potter (who probably knows a bit about him from the Championship last season). Not fussed if he's not in the 25 but if that's the case then surely signing him up for another year has to be one of the most stupid decisions the club has made in recent seasons?

......because he’d have walked away on a free if we hadn’t.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Incredible the % of our fan base that cant grasp basic sensible economics of football/any business models.

What I was refering to was the fact that in most supporters eyes, he's unlikely to figure much for us this season, and I can hardly see a queue of clubs lining up with million pound bids for Hemed.

Maybe you know better, and there are numerous clubs willing to pay us a transfer fee, but I'd be surprised based on his performances last seson in the Championship where he hardly pulled up any trees.

I sincerely hope you prove me wrong and I hear in a week or two that a couple of potential buyers are fighting it out for his signature but I would'nt put my house on it.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
What I was refering to was the fact that in most supporters eyes, he's unlikely to figure much for us this season, and I can hardly see a queue of clubs lining up with million pound bids for Hemed.

Maybe you know better, and there are numerous clubs willing to pay us a transfer fee, but I'd be surprised based on his performances last seson in the Championship where he hardly pulled up any trees.

I sincerely hope you prove me wrong and I hear in a week or two that a couple of potential buyers are fighting it out for his signature but I would'nt put my house on it.

7 goals in 16 starts. Injury meant he didn't start more.
QPR wanted to keep him but needed to reduce wage bill.
Lots of Championship clubs will be after him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

The Club did it. Maybe they know the economics better

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The Club did it. Maybe they know the economics better

True. Maybe they have had interest shown in Hemed and that's the reason for the extra year. I hope this is the case as I'd like to see space made for a fresh face upfront this season. Any other credible names being mentioned other than Oliver McBurnie?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Presumably based on reasonably credible stories and players we're "linked with" , then we're still after for the first team squad; a striker, a right back and a attacking midfielder. ......

It would be amazing if we signed three further players, for those positions, each able to play first team PL football from the off.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
True. Maybe they have had interest shown in Hemed and that's the reason for the extra year. I hope this is the case as I'd like to see space made for a fresh face upfront this season. Any other credible names being mentioned other than Oliver McBurnie?
Haven't seen anything credible....

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Do you REALLY think there is a chance that both Murray AND Hemed will be named in the 25-man squad? Really?

I honestly don't think there is the slightest chance Hemed will play for us this season. Given the timing (the retained list had to be submitted by the third Saturday in May) I doubt Potter had any involvement in the decision to take up Hemed's option. And the complete lack of an acknowledgement from either the club or the player that the contract has been extended tells you everything you need to know.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Do you REALLY think there is a chance that both Murray AND Hemed will be named in the 25-man squad? Really?

I honestly don't think there is the slightest chance Hemed will play for us this season. Given the timing (the retained list had to be submitted by the third Saturday in May) I doubt Potter had any involvement in the decision to take up Hemed's option. And the complete lack of an acknowledgement from either the club or the player that the contract has been extended tells you everything you need to know.

Agree with all this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here