Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Sgt Harry Tangye (and others) v Jeremy Clarkson

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's exactly the problem with people like you. Just blithely accept the word of people in authority without asking the obvious question "why"?

Because if there have been death(s), then the road is a potential crime scene.

Quite straightforward really.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm gonna put this video on every transport thread available until it gets the love it truly deserves.

This has everything, every single box gets fantastically ticked, even before the taxi driver appears and ices the cake.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Because if there have been death(s), then the road is a potential crime scene.

Quite straightforward really.

That still doesn't mean that you shouldn't demand to know how long it's going to be closed. Without people asking these kind of questions and demanding reasonable answers no one in authority will be held to account. Question everything is my approach to life. I'd have been no good in the army.
Sgt Major: Quick march!
Me: Why?
Sgt Major: Because it's an order.
Me: Look, I'm happy to oblige if you give me an explanation. Are we in a hurry?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That's exactly the problem with people like you. Just blithely accept the word of people in authority without asking the obvious question "why"?

And I would suggest that the problem 'people like YOU' is that you (unlike me) fail to look at a situation from the other perspective. I'm happy to ask 'why' to anyone about anything, thanks very much (I'm a journalist, FFS!), but I'm also fully aware that I am no expect in road traffic accidents or the aftermath of them and nor (I'm assuming) are you.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how long a road is closed. I doubt that the people clearing up, investigating and dealing with the paperwork and associated post-accident issues of such an incident want to purposely delay re-opening the road. Having spoken to a senior member of the force who was involved in the investigation of 22/8, I can assure you that they were doing their utmost to get the A27 open as soon as was humanly possible, despite being hampered by a number of factors including the weather, delays in notifying relatives and/or enabling them to get to the crash site.

So please don't go pinning any labels on me, when really – ironically – you haven't got a clue...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm gonna put this video on every transport thread available until it gets the love it truly deserves.

This has everything, every single box gets fantastically ticked, even before the taxi driver appears and ices the cake.

Oh goodie! - NSC has gone back to the black rectangles again!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That still doesn't mean that you shouldn't demand to know how long it's going to be closed. Without people asking these kind of questions and demanding reasonable answers no one in authority will be held to account. Question everything is my approach to life. I'd have been no good in the army.
Sgt Major: Quick march!
Me: Why?
Sgt Major: Because it's an order.
Me: Look, I'm happy to oblige if you give me an explanation. Are we in a hurry?

Wow. "DEMAND" to know how long its going to be closed. So you're expecting the emergency services, and accident investigators, to give you a time as to when they'll be done by ? These people are dealing with death, destruction and injury, trying to save lives, and having to assess a crime scene. You're trying to get back for Emmerdale. Yet you expect them to look at their watches for you, suck their teeth, and give you a time as to when they'll hopefully be done by ? Mmmkay.

You're right. You'd have been NO good in the army. Thank christ that wasn't your career path, because whilst you are stood there obstinately questioning every order, one of your colleagues would probably be getting shot. In the face.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Wow. "DEMAND" to know how long its going to be closed. So you're expecting the emergency services, and accident investigators, to give you a time as to when they'll be done by ? These people are dealing with death, destruction and injury, trying to save lives, and having to assess a crime scene. You're trying to get back for Emmerdale. Yet you expect them to look at their watches for you, suck their teeth, and give you a time as to when they'll hopefully be done by ? Mmmkay.

You're right. You'd have been NO good in the army. Thank christ that wasn't your career path, because whilst you are stood there obstinately questioning every order, one of your colleagues would probably be getting shot. In the face.

It wouldn’t have got that far as he would have been filled in by:
1. Senior rate/rank
2. Leading hand/corporal
3. Shipmates/platoon etc.

Nothing worse than a barrack room lawyer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here