Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwich City - back off

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have a mate who support Norwich.. .

And he will have the special insight into our club and its doings that today has been craving?

I am in camp Tony. He is probably better placed to call our shots than a Naarwich fan.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have a mate who support Norwich.. This was his response today.

No way! Norwich were 4th bottom in prem league with 5 games to go. Hughton was sacked and we went down finishing 3rd bottom. i'm convinced he'd have kept us up, admittedly by the skin of our teeth. Good manager and sure he'll be seen at another PL club. Onwards and upwards. Looking forward to next season and hope Brighton board got something up their sleeve! Norwich fan didn't take to Farke but look at us now.

Living up here in Doncaster every other mate (who obviously don't support Brighton) has expressed their shock, disbelief in Hughton's sacking. All saying its a terrible decision.

I think that Norwich supporter needs to take another look at what those five games were! I think the first was against Fulham which they lost and then they had Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's a biblical verse referring to salvation and eternal life. It's in English.

The English ranslation isn't a patch on the original Aramaic

ፕሪም ትሉ ይሆናል

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
And he will have the special insight into our club and its doings that today has been craving?

I am in camp Tony. He is probably better placed to call our shots than a Naarwich fan.

I wasn't saying he should know better than TB. This whole thread is about Norwich fans negativity towards Hughton. I was only pointing out not all Norwich fans are of that mind.

I certainly hope TB is right and have no option other than trust in him. Despite personally thinking this was a big mistake in sacking Hughton. I can only hope TB is right afterall he knows the club much better than me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wasn't saying he should know better than TB. This whole thread is about Norwich fans negativity towards Hughton. I was only pointing out not all Norwich fans are of that mind.

I certainly hope TB is right and have no option other than trust in him. Despite personally thinking this was a big mistake in sacking Hughton. I can only hope TB is right afterall he knows the club much better than me.

ok. :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cheers. Just spat beer all over my laptop. :lolol:

Brought to you by the not very Dangerous brothers. We thank you.

b7fab946e68518e1342ee278c10d4e9d.gif

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sorry, I read it as "For to me to live is Chris, and to die is gain"

[ Besides,. 'Dying as gain' does come over a bit Islamic State, IMHO. ]

No in the context of that verse.

Paul was referring to the how he was not bothered about having his life threatened on account of his faith.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The New Testament was written in Greek.

I think.

Μπουλκόνια

Edit: google translator translated the English 'bollocks' into the Greek 'Bulldogs'

Never trust what you read on the internet. Never. Fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can't help thinking that this thread is fast degenerating into one of NSC's best ever. A fine homage to what we all truly feel about the role of Norwich City in our lives.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Norwich can go back to their pedestrianised city centre for all I care. CH took us to the Prem and kept us there. He did a great job when you consider the low standard in players he had to work with. Now its time for a manager who'll take us from survival to top ten contenders with the new players we're going to bring in .
Like Slade and Gritt, CH was eventually sacked, but like Slade and Gritt, CH will always go down as a club legend. The masters of survival.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
For the record I have, am and always will be in the Hughton in crowd and was devastated to learn of the news that he had been sacked today. What rubs salt in the wound is Norwich City fans on social media and here taking it as yet another chance to have a pop at Chris.

For the record, Norwich, we are not like you. Even those Albion fans most vehemently calling for Hughton to go will still remember him as a legend and possibly the best ever manager at Brighton and Hove Albion football club. You don’t remember him fondly and sacked Hughton with games remaining and still went down, whereas we had the sense to stick with him and allow him to see the job out and keep us up. If you think you’re coming up to the Premier League with your current brand of football then you’ll have an almighty shock and let’s see how pragmatic Farke becomes when you’re getting torn apart like Fulham.

Chris Hughton is one of the most dignified human beings in football, hence why journalists and many fans have reacted the way they did. He was the face of our football club and made us one of the most well-respected teams in the land. We don’t need you to come and tarnish our view of him because it won’t. I can now start to see why Ipswich find you so insufferably arrogant.

There's truth in what you say, but ultimately he has been shown the door by our chairman because of the same reasons he lost his job at Norwich. A terminal decline. It cost them, it didn't cost us because of Cardiff failing to capitalise.

TB has made a call based on the belief that it probably WILL cost us next time with survival predicted to be particularly difficult next season. As soon as the going got tough under CH we utterly capitulated, the body language was there for all to see as Chris stood there motionless on the touchline.

Personally, I was only very briefly 'CH out' immediately after the Cardiff game which I filed under knee-jerk. Having said that I do fully understand those who turned, and I understand the decision made by TB. To not recognise just how woeful we were is to amend history, and ultimately we were saved by Fulham's keeper as Cardiff could so easily have won that game. Not to mention, this team looks completely different when the pressure is off which leads me to believe, had Cardiff actually beaten Fulham, we might very well have rolled over for Newcastle too. Not that Cardiff would have needed it mind.

I wonder if people would be remembering certain aspects of his reign slightly differently if we were preparing for a Championship season ahead.

Last edited:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Norwich can go back to their pedestrianised city centre for all I care. CH took us to the Prem and kept us there. He did a great job when you consider the low standard in players he had to work with. Now its time for a manager who'll take us from survival to top ten contenders with the new players we're going to bring in .
Like Slade and Gritt, CH was eventually sacked, but like Slade and Gritt, CH will always go down as a club legend. The masters of survival.
dont forget Chris Catlin and Pat Saward

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
ultimately we were saved by Fulham's keeper as Cardiff could so easily have won that game. Not to mention, this team looks completely different when the pressure is off which leads me to believe, had Cardiff actually beaten Fulham, we might very well have rolled over for Newcastle too. Not that Cardiff would have needed it mind.

Why do you say that? You know full well that it’s not a single game that decides it. They are all worth the same.

I think a lot of us are disappointed as there were something quite ‘right’ about Chris’ fit with us as a club. And now that has been somewhat sullied by the way the club have gone about this. Some of the romance died today and I hope that the new manager hits the ground running, as they are likely to be under some serious scrutiny.

The only good thing is that it’s been done at the ideal time - but I wish they’d planned it better

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

You are not alone in thinking that firing Hughton is a big mistake. How do you (and the others) come to that verdict? He has had a whole season to show some progress but has taken us backwards. What have you seen from his team this season that makes Tony Bloom's decision a big mistake? Even in the midst of a tense relegation battle he couldn't motivate his players to score goals against a number of sides having massive problems themselves on the pitch.

Watching him in the technical area on matchdays, with his hands in his pockets for the match used to infuriate me. He'd sometimes whistle at the team but that was just to remind them that they were too far forward. Compare that to Guardiola when they were 3-1 up. Guardiola was coaching his team all the time.

Thanks Chris, for getting us promoted. For that you have our respect and thanks. Time to move on now.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here