Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our vigilant immigration regime

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Another story from East Anglia - my mother and her family were from Thetford, Norfolk. I remember it as a nice, friendly, country town from when I was young; with a definite Norfolk flavour. While none of the family are still alive, we go back to tend the graves and look around every now and again. It is now full of Poles, absolutely drunk and probably on drugs, just hanging around. My sister was scared to walk down by the river alone as she felt they were quite aggressive. It is so incongruous and doesn't make sense. The locals feel harassed and helpless (yes, no police presence). Whatever your views on immigration, diversity, and people mixing, there is something wrong with this scenario.

You're not allowed to point this out and are definitely racist for doing so, plenty of english people take drugs :bla:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
See my above edited post.
P.S.My eldest son is a primary school teacher and took a degree in Japanese. After graduating, he spent a year in Japan teaching English to classes of about 25/30 young children. They were all Japanese and he had his challenges, but at least they were all the same culturally.He was the odd one out! It must be very hard with a class of many different cultures, unless the school is geared up for it, with extra support being provided.

Agree, especially given the special needs element too. Classes are bursting at the seams and not surprising with so many support staff having to sit in to accommodate language, behaviour, learning, physical disabilities etc. These extra costs are increasingly met by fund-raising and private benefactors / investors, the latter are not doing out of some charitable agenda e.g. why are chinese businesses buying up state schools here in the UK?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
See my above edited post.
P.S.My eldest son is a primary school teacher and took a degree in Japanese. After graduating, he spent a year in Japan teaching English to classes of about 25/30 young children. They were all Japanese and he had his challenges, but at least they were all the same culturally.He was the odd one out! It must be very hard with a class of many different cultures, unless the school is geared up for it, with extra support being provided.

There you go - We migrate as much as others migrate. Who is to say the parents of the children in those classes are not Teachers or Dentists or Nurses or Doctors. Would you really want to deprive people of opportunities in life that your son took advantage of ?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
There you go - We migrate as much as others migrate. Who is to say the parents of the children in those classes are not Teachers or Dentists or Nurses or Doctors. Would you really want to deprive people of opportunities in life that your son took advantage of ?

What are you going on about, NooBHA?
Where have I said that I want to deprive anybody of anything?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What are you going on about, NooBHA?
Where have I said that I want to deprive anybody of anything?

Apologies I didn't mean to suggest that. Although quoting your post may have suggested that. I didn't intend to

I quoted your post only as a communal example that ''Migration'' as a whole is good for everyone. Your son in that he got to learn new cultures. The Japanese that they got the advantage of his skills and the British people who get to take advantage of the skills of the parents of those children in UK classes.

I was only completing the ''Circle'' where others had only completed part of the circle in other posts

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Apologies I didn't mean to suggest that. Although quoting your post may have suggested that. I didn't intend to

I quoted your post only as a communal example that ''Migration'' as a whole is good for everyone. Your son in that he got to learn new cultures. The Japanese that they got the advantage of his skills and the British people who get to take advantage of the skills of the parents of those children in UK classes.

I was only completing the ''Circle'' where others had only completed part of the circle in other posts

No probs!:thumbsup:

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
My offspring didn't experience this kind of situation, but I do know of more than one set of parents who were concerned and it played a part in them moving away from the London suburbs to the gentle pastures of West Sussex.......and no, they haven't opened up a branch of the KKK down here! They are Palace supporters though![emoji38]ol:

I wouldn't listen to other parents too much, I would be parents as a bigger barrier.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I wouldn't listen to other parents too much, I would be parents as a bigger barrier.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Hi Geestar, I don't understand your post.
Possibly a finger mistake on the keyboard?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here