Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’ve woken up with severe stomach ache. I’m hoping a few visits to the toilet ease the pain.

I’m sure someone will post the inevitable ‘shit himself’ runner now!

:nono:

Hope you, er, clear it out. Get well very, very soon!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Thanks it was Lancing really freindly bunch 40 minutes so to call it a run is a bit of a stretch but even so I really enjoyed it and will be back again next week

Well done. My first ParkRun was last February and was in the rain in North Wales. 37 minutes something.

I now do them in 28 something and am up this morning for the Half Marathon.

I did Lancing last week for the first time and was impressed by the team running it. Also my best ever finish position (due to the small number doing it at the moment).

See you on the start line for next year’s HM!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Random question: I've recently started running with headphones on, in the hope that music will take my mind off the horrors of running and help drown out the sound of unseemly wheezing. My question is: does Spotify interfere with Strava activity recording? Tho I can't yet prove it, Strava recording seems to cut out round about the same time Spotify shuffle play changes tracks. Anyone found the same? And yes I have tried turning it off and on again thank you for asking. Cheers.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Random question: I've recently started running with headphones on, in the hope that music will take my mind off the horrors of running and help drown out the sound of unseemly wheezing. My question is: does Spotify interfere with Strava activity recording? Tho I can't yet prove it, Strava recording seems to cut out round about the same time Spotify shuffle play changes tracks. Anyone found the same? And yes I have tried turning it off and on again thank you for asking. Cheers.

Never tried as I don’t run to music, but Strava on a phone isn’t overly accurate anyway.........would recommend getting a GPS watch that you can synch to Strava instead. Don’t need to spend a fortune. May be worth having a look at the various Strava forums to see if anyone else has had/fixed the problem

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Never tried as I don’t run to music, but Strava on a phone isn’t overly accurate anyway.........would recommend getting a GPS watch that you can synch to Strava instead. Don’t need to spend a fortune. May be worth having a look at the various Strava forums to see if anyone else has had/fixed the problem

Some sound advice there, cheers :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
1:49:06 for me today and soundly beaten by [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] who I have to thank for putting up with my non stop sneezing attack afterwards. The run seems to have turned my nose in to a mini Niagra Falls. I’ve been through a pack of tissues, and not in a good way. Other “highlights “ include a left hamstring that is now tighter than a Financial Controller and being seen walking by [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] as a result.

Interestingly it may well be an official distance PB. My current time on the board was in 2016 which I think was one of the short course years. I will let the keeper of the table be the final arbiter on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good running today. Missed a few of you. Did indeed see [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] walking but with a tight hamstring that’s fine. However, sprinting to the finish line at 7” mile pace with a tight hamstring should have been resisted. For your PB the keeper of the table will have to refuse times from the Brighton Half that wasn’t. On the other hand, if the time is already there and I am not instructed to edit.....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Good running today. Missed a few of you. Did indeed see [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] walking but with a tight hamstring that’s fine. However, sprinting to the finish line at 7” mile pace with a tight hamstring should have been resisted. For your PB the keeper of the table will have to refuse times from the Brighton Half that wasn’t. On the other hand, if the time is already there and I am not instructed to edit.....

The finish photos will show me walking over the line, swearing. At least I won’t have to buy them.

You should probably edit the table, gives me something to aim for next year :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Thanks it was Lancing really freindly bunch 40 minutes so to call it a run is a bit of a stretch but even so I really enjoyed it and will be back again next week

I am really impressed and grateful to all the support thank you all

I hope all of you who completed today's half marathon had a great day

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Glad to have got round today, only 30 mins slower than my pb, 10 yrs and a stone of weight can make a big difference:)

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Great day at the half today. Missed [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] at the peace statue, but by that point I was focused just on keeping going. Lovely weather, good atmosphere, and a PB for the NSC table for me (only by 45 seconds, but I'm still happy with that): 1:43:12 please, when you get a mo, knocky

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Great day at the half today. Missed [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] at the peace statue, but by that point I was focused just on keeping going. Lovely weather, good atmosphere, and a PB for the NSC table for me (only by 45 seconds, but I'm still happy with that): 1:43:12 please, when you get a mo, knocky

PB for me too with 1:27:42 which after my start to the day I'd take. Four substantial toilet visits seemed to rid me of my bad guts but I still wasn't 100%. Slowed down at mile 8 just to finish but in the end happy with how it went.

Good to see [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] & [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] before the race. Both posted good times too even with an injury picked up en route.

Thanks [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] for shouting abuse at the Peace Statue. A real motivator!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
PB for me too with 1:27:42 which after my start to the day I'd take. Four substantial toilet visits seemed to rid me of my bad guts but I still wasn't 100%. Slowed down at mile 8 just to finish but in the end happy with how it went.

Good to see [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] & [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] before the race. Both posted good times too even with an injury picked up en route.

Thanks [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] for shouting abuse at the Peace Statue. A real motivator!

That’s a brilliant time. If someone offered me 1:27 and the shits before a race I’d take it!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Reckon you ran the race half a stone lighter - no wonder it was a PB ! Great stuff......

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003

I've streched and iced while watching two effing 0-0 draws. Seems to have sorted it for now. Could well just have been cramp as my wee was very yellow when I got home.

Great that you got a PB - not what I was expecting when we saw you!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I've streched and iced while watching two effing 0-0 draws. Seems to have sorted it for now. Could well just have been cramp as my wee was very yellow when I got home.

I got cramp eating a roast dinner in the Forager about 3pm. Was half a bottle of red and a Curious IPA down so probably didn't help.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

How’s the toe by the way? You were struggling a bit around Xmas time if I remember correctly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here