Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] *** Player Ratings vs Derby ***

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
By results not yet forthcoming you mean after all 11 games he's played, only a handful of which he's even started? I know they say EPL fans are impatient but holy moley..

I reviewed the video again, I agree with your point about Gyokeres, however he would have been onsides if Knocky would've passed. I don't think Knocky likes ARJB anyways.. from the moment he's come to the club you can tell on the pitch never passes it to him and always throws an extra-outlandish fit should ARJB not play the ball exactly the way his highness likes.

Similarly when he was at NEC same thing happened, first season was not great but then did really well. However in those teams he meshed very well with his teammates and did very well overall as a team. At BHA sometimes on the pitch it looks like some specific players are avoiding playing the ball to him and I wonder if there is tension in the locker room. Gets along well with Bong it seems though so would love to see them play together.

happy to give him a bit of leeway .....i've supported BHA since 78 ....in those years they have spent 4 in the PL so i aint a PL fan .......AJ from what iv'e seen is not a PL player .....no balls, no ticker and surprisingly slow for a winger but anyway as i said ....i'll give him some leeway.....who is your first team ...??

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m glad most people concur that Locadia had a good game. I’ve really rated him lately, but the constant wittering negativity from the people say behind me sapped my belief somewhat. Just hope his injury’s not too bad.

NSC protocols - once someone defines you as shitehouse, you are always going to be shitehouse, even if the view was from someone who knows nothing about football and on the basis of a 4 minute sub appearance or similar.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Frustrating last 20 minutes but apart from that we played pretty well, albeit against Championship opposition.

Button 6. Not up to his previous performances. Flapped at one ball and distribution at times questionable.
Bruno 7. Some class stuff from him. Wish he was 10 years younger.
Duffy 7.
Burn 7. Would have given him an 8 if not for the poor clearance that lead directly to their goal. Apart from that looked an accomplished centre back.
Bernardo 6. Good performance generally.
Kayal 6. OK. Typical Kayal performance.
Bissouma 8. Some great stuff from him, particularly in the first half. With more maturity he'll become a great player. I would start him in the Prem.
Stephens 6. Usual Stephens. Some good, some poor, some frustrating.
Ali J 6. Didn't set the world alight but a decent enough performance and I'm sure there's more to come from him after more minutes on the pitch.
Locadia 7. Good game. Could be his best yet. Hope the injury is not too serious.

Subs:
Gyokeres 4. Poor. Didn't make enough of his opportunity.
Gross 6.
Knockaert 8. Lovely goal and best game for a while.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Frustrating last 20 minutes but apart from that we played pretty well, albeit against Championship opposition.

Button 6. Not up to his previous performances. Flapped at one ball and distribution at times questionable.
Bruno 7. Some class stuff from him. Wish he was 10 years younger.
Duffy 7.
Burn 7. Would have given him an 8 if not for the poor clearance that lead directly to their goal. Apart from that looked an accomplished centre back.
Bernardo 6. Good performance generally.
Kayal 6. OK. Typical Kayal performance.
Bissouma 8. Some great stuff from him, particularly in the first half. With more maturity he'll become a great player. I would start him in the Prem.
Stephens 6. Usual Stephens. Some good, some poor, some frustrating.
Ali J 6. Didn't set the world alight but a decent enough performance and I'm sure there's more to come from him after more minutes on the pitch.
Locadia 7. Good game. Could be his best yet. Hope the injury is not too serious.

Subs:
Gyokeres 4. Poor. Didn't make enough of his opportunity.
Gross 6.
Knockaert 8. Lovely goal and best game for a while.

A great performance considering we started with 10 men. So pleased Chris made an uncharacteristically early sub who scored the opener.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
That’s just rubbish mate . Our team are very together it’s a known fact . Ok knocky may have strops on the pitch but all players that have come in remark on the closeness of all .

Even if AJ isn’t liked he still has been mostly shite on the pitch but yes , it’s still early days

As for comparisons on the Dutch league , it’s a noddy league . Can’t really compare the two .

Hoping I’m wrong but to me AJ isn’t a prem player . Will keep supporting him though

As for Locadia , he looks a better signing than AJ but he’s still pretty poor for me. He is at least contributing at times . We need another striker in the summer regardless.

Gyokeres - impossible to say yet but he’s had half chances that I’ve seen prospects take .... we will see

Listed below are just a few footballers that played in the noddy league that you mention.

Marco Van Basten.
Dennis Berkamp.
Frank De Boer,
Johan Cruyff.
Virgil Van Dirk.
Rudd Gullit.
Jimmy Floyd H
.patrick Kluivert.
Hans Kray, do you remember him ?
Dirk Kruyt.
Arnold Murhen.
Frank Rijkaard. And Jap Stam to name a few.
Not bad for noddy league players.
I do apologise for the few 100 or so players that I have missed. Especially to Kuipers,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here