Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Declan Rice

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Picking England over Ireland shouldn’t guarantee you a place in the England squad against stars such a Lewis Dunk.

Let’s see him develop and prove himself in the Premier League before he joins the big boys.

The same Lewis Dunk who plays centre half for a team who just conceded 7 goals to 2 teams in the bottom 5 of the table?

Notwithstanding they play in different positions anyway, I know who I’d rather be picking at the moment....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The same Lewis Dunk who plays centre half for a team who just conceded 7 goals to 2 teams in the bottom 5 of the table?

Notwithstanding they play in different positions anyway, I know who I’d rather be picking at the moment....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tarkowski, unfortunately, looked a better defender. Plus the week before, the BBC thought he was a class act in their draw at OT.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I still think Jack Grealish is right up there. You only have to look at the way Aston Villa have fallen apart while he's been injured. And just because you have almost the same haircut as him doesnt mean I look anything like him! Grrrr!

Right up where?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
In terms of being part of the future England side. I'm not going to bet on Villa while he's still injured. Proving quite expensive when they're on TV or have a big Championship match. :thumbsup:

Not for me Clive.

Needs to prove it in the EPL, had the chance to join Spurs in the summer and committed himself to Championship mediocrity with Villa. A good player in there but needs to get his mentality right and challenge himself against the best before he gets anywhere near this England side.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Not for me Clive.

Needs to prove it in the EPL, had the chance to join Spurs in the summer and committed himself to Championship mediocrity with Villa. A good player in there but needs to get his mentality right and challenge himself against the best before he gets anywhere near this England side.

Agreed. He needs that Premier League experience before he has any chance of possibly making the European Championships squad next year.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I still think Jack Grealish is right up there. You only have to look at the way Aston Villa have fallen apart while he's been injured. And just because you have almost the same haircut as him doesnt mean I look anything like him! Grrrr!

Hes so meh, so many better players in his position

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Andy "I had never even visited Ireland before I played for them" Townsend, doesn't think its fair that Rice can change allegiances.

Oh the irony of the ability to exploit rules......

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Bit of a Twitter spat this morning, the Moose from Talksport saying Rice is worth well in excess of £80m and some disagreeing he is quite that good yet.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Bit of a Twitter spat this morning, the Moose from Talksport saying Rice is worth well in excess of £80m and some disagreeing he is quite that good yet.

Not even close - but given the ridiculous transfer inflation we see I wouldn't be surprised to see it happening.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Call me old fashioned but I’ll reserve judgement on anything someone called the Moose says!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Obscene figures being bandied around with a real crisis set to emerge in the lower leagues....what happened to this idea of football resetting itself ..hmm

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He’s a fantastic player, would fit in well somewhere like Manchester United alongside Pogba and Fernandes. He stands out to me everytime I watch West Ham, if Maguire cost 80M I would argue Rice is worth equally as much.

Football has definitely lost the plot transfer fee wise.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Do Bayern really have £120m to spend on Rice? Seems unlikely, normally they operate by snatching up all the best players from the Bundesliga for a fraction of that.

If Rice were to go to Munich, that would only strengthen our hand when discussing Caicedo's value with whichever of the PL rich 6 want to buy him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here