Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has anyone blamed the Players yet?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I agree.

Regarding Bong though he had so much of the ball yesterday it was almost as if Burnley intended it.

They judged that right. No end product from his numerous crosses and possession in really dangerous areas.

It's almost like they've scouted us.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
It's almost like they've scouted us.

Both Fulham and now Burnley spread both their full backs wide against us, it had the same effect both times, mainly because Locadia is bloody lazy. They kept getting to double up on our full back or one of our midfield 3 getting pulled out wide. Outcome = we kept losing our shape.
I like 4-3-3 when we have the ball as it gets support to Murray faster, when we haven’t got the ball it’s not working as well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Both Fulham and now Burnley spread both their full backs wide against us, it had the same effect both times, mainly because Locadia is bloody lazy. They kept getting to double up on our full back or one of our midfield 3 getting pulled out wide. Outcome = we kept losing our shape.
I like 4-3-3 when we have the ball as it gets support to Murray faster, when we haven’t got the ball it’s not working as well.

He is lazy, and AK doesn't always track back when opponents counter attack. Solly March is always good at that (too), hence CH's loyalty towards him.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Agree - Bong has been one of our better players recently. Wish people would just get off his back.

People are allowed to disagree and then voice that opinion.

Personally, I think the drop off in quality in that position since Bernardo's injury has had a massive effect on us as a team. Not that I have anything against Bong as he serves a purpose in some games, but he's just not as good as our alternative left back and it has numerous knock on effects tactically.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

I'd agree in everything but the Locadia being lazy part. That's the point of a 433 - in theory you can leave your wide players higher up the pitch, which in turn leads to you creating more chances as the midfield 3 shift across to cover the space. But I totally agree that Bong's been doubled up on. I do question why that never seemed to be the case when Locadia was playing in front of Bernardo though... is it just the disparity in their abilities?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Personally, I think you have made the point for yourself.
Ole and Moaning Minnie: Strikes me that CH and co. are unable to get this squad playing to their capabilities and if there are lazy players in the squad, it is up to the management to sort 'em out!
Moaning Minnie couldn't sort Man U out, but Ole has.
Finally, the buck stops with the manager and if you feel we have problems with player selection and player attitude, well, that is up to the manager to sort!

Spot on, BLOCK F. The manager carries most of the can when player effort and motivation are low. Eg if Locadia not tracking back then
hook him off after 30 minutes (as did for Izzy once), and put on Gyockeres, Knocky or Kayal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here