Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stockdale to Sarfend .. (how the mighty fall)..

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maybe he'll feel more comfortable at Wycombe knowing that Adam El Abd has finally washed up there, doing a pretty decent job as captain and coming up to his 500th senior game.

El Abd left the Albion in early 2014, whilst Stockdale didn't arrive until the September, so they weren't at the club at the same time. He would know CMS though as they played in the same Albion team for a few months.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I wonder how he feels when he sees the Albion score every weekend. I don't mean that in
a nasty way, but it must cut him up that that could have been him. That's a horrible feeling.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I wonder how he feels when he sees the Albion score every weekend. I don't mean that in
a nasty way, but it must cut him up that that could have been him. That's a horrible feeling.

I doubt his lined pockets care tbh

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

What could have been him? Sitting on the bench? He knew we were buying Matt Ryan, he knew he was going to be second choice. We only offered him a 1 year contract, that hardly screams confidence in him. Why take less money and a shorter contract to sit on the bench? This bitterness against someone making what was clearly the right choice for them is bizarre.

This rant isn’t really directed at the post i’ve quoted but just at this thread.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I doubt his lined pockets care tbh

How dare he take more money and a longer contract at a club where he had a good chance of being first choice. He should clearly have stayed at Brighton for less money on a 1 year contract to be reserve for Matt Ryan.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
What could have been him? Sitting on the bench? He knew we were buying Matt Ryan, he knew he was going to be second choice. We only offered him a 1 year contract, that hardly screams confidence in him. Why take less money and a shorter contract to sit on the bench? This bitterness against someone making what was clearly the right choice for them is bizarre.

This rant isn’t really directed at the post i’ve quoted but just at this thread.

I don't seem to remember Ryan being on the horizon when he left, but I'm probably wrong on that.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I don't seem to remember Ryan being on the horizon when he left, but I'm probably wrong on that.

I can’t remember the exact details but I’m sure i’ve put them on this thread before. It was something like a quote from Matt Ryan or someone at the club alluding to the fact that we’d been after him for at least year.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I can’t remember the exact details but I’m sure i’ve put them on this thread before. It was something like a quote from Matt Ryan or someone at the club alluding to the fact that we’d been after him for at least year.

Fair enough.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

The club had issues with Stockdale, the main one being his fitness levels. That was one of the main drivers behind the length of his contract offer. He knew he was being replaced and instead of fighting for his place he took a deal elsewhere.

I’ve nothing against Stockdale, he did well for us during his time at the club and was outstanding during the very difficult time surrounding the Shoreham disaster. But I think all football fans like to see most players who choose to leave their club not achieve more than the club they support, there isn’t any malice in it for the most part.

I don’t revel in Stockdale fall to being a 7 day loan man, but I don’t feel sorry for him either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here