Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Level headed? It's you who said we should be way ahead of you and mentioned we had been here longer. Therefore when you have been here another five years, you should be way up the table. But it's just not like that in this division, you need bucke loads of cash or something to click and even then it won't be long term as those with bucket loads will just take your best players.
I'm not jealous of your stadium etc, as I have said I spend roughly two hours there a fortnight. I'm really not jealous of your academy, not a chance.

Not just about being up the table it is about using the premier league money towards putting in place a structure and facilities that makes it more likely for you to compete to return to the premier league when one season you end up falling through the trap door.

Palace however seem to prefer the approach of bundling 70-80% of that income into player and agents pockets which will make it far more difficult to bounce back should you drop out the division. It all seems a bit short term from a strategy point of view and at some point that £120m stand will need funding which I am guessing is not being paid by a generous owner.

I think the general perception of Brighton fans is you would all be a bit more concerned about that situation given you are a club that has gone to the brink in administration twice. But no you are all on here telling us that’s what it takes to survive at this level despite there being a whole string of clubs spending considerably less that your lot

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
The thing is, [MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION], our under 23s are currently 4th in the PL2, our under 18s are 9th in the south FA Youth league, and into the 5th round of the FA Youth Cup having knocked out the favourites 0-3 on their patch,we have two regular first team players who came through our youth system.

There may be something wrong with my google, but I can’t seem w find Crystal Palace represented anywhere in these competitions.

Strange.

But we didn’t get a 0 from the EHO scores on the doors at our training ground though

That's marvellous. What does all that equate to though, how many of them will go onto play for your first team or any team for that matter. I hear a lot about your under 23's, they are like the Bermuda Triangle, players go in there and are not heard of again. Give me our shed anytime when we get players like Zaha and Wan Bissaka, we also have some other talented youngsters we have seen in action.
Who is the other player apart from Dunk?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Not just about being up the table it is about using the premier league money towards putting in place a structure and facilities that makes it more likely for you to compete to return to the premier league when one season you end up falling through the trap door.

Palace however seem to prefer the approach of bundling 70-80% of that income into player and agents pockets which will make it far more difficult to bounce back should you drop out the division. It all seems a bit short term from a strategy point of view and at some point that £120m stand will need funding which I am guessing is not being paid by a generous owner.

I think the general perception of Brighton fans is you would all be a bit more concerned about that situation given you are a club that has gone to the brink in administration twice. But no you are all on here telling us that’s what it takes to survive at this level despite there being a whole string of clubs spending considerably less that your lot

I only read a bit of the first paragraph if I'm honest, that was enough for me. Your facilities and the famous 'infrastructure' did not come from Premier league football, it came from a rich owner bankrolling you through the league's.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I only read a bit of the first paragraph if I'm honest, that was enough for me. Your facilities and the famous 'infrastructure' did not come from Premier league football, it came from a rich owner bankrolling you through the league's.

Structure includes wage structure you idiot

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mind the gap( it's getting smaller)

:blush:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Structure includes wage structure you idiot

We are trying to get better players and hold onto our good players. It's easy for you lot to keep hold of someone like knockaert or March, but other teams would actually want Zaha. We cannot get by offering 20k a week and a bag of chips.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
We’re moving in the right direction on and off the pitch .
The new main stand just needs ticking off then work will start ( money is ringfenced for it ) then we’ve got the academy who’s site has been acquired , with exciting plans to transform it to world class facility .
The squad is the best I’ve ever seen , even better than the team of the eighties , with Michy being the final piece . Just imagine him , tekkers, andros and wilf lining up against you !
Yes , things are definitely looking up COYP.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We’re moving in the right direction on and off the pitch .
The new main stand just needs ticking off then work will start ( money is ringfenced for it ) then we’ve got the academy who’s site has been acquired , with exciting plans to transform it to world class facility .
The squad is the best I’ve ever seen , even better than the team of the eighties , with Michy being the final piece . Just imagine him , tekkers, andros and wilf lining up against you !
Yes , things are definitely looking up COYP.

In a desperate attempt to have a 'normal' conversation.

Does the new stand seem a little odd to you?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
And you're doing it with 70% (+Batshayi) more player wages than us.

Well done

Unless you are comparing it to our second year wage bill then it's not really like for like is it? So I will let you lot get on with it. I am willing to be anyone 1k now though that you are relegated before us, any takers?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In a desperate attempt to have a 'normal' conversation

Good luck with that but don’t hang around waiting for a “normal” response on this lovely sunny day.

Best to just try and fathom whether it’s a male or female answering

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Level headed? It's you who said we should be way ahead of you and mentioned we had been here longer. Therefore when you have been here another five years, you should be way up the table. But it's just not like that in this division, you need bucke loads of cash or something to click and even then it won't be long term as those with bucket loads will just take your best players.
I'm not jealous of your stadium etc, as I have said I spend roughly two hours there a fortnight. I'm really not jealous of your academy, not a chance.

It's a date. Let's book a slot for 5 years and compare the two clubs then. Although conscious you've made zero progression since being promoted, done nothing to your ground except let it rot and spunked c£400m of TV cash on wages for overpaid mercenaries I expect you'll have a decent stadium, proper facilities, a top-notch academy, performing U23 and U18 teams and a secure top-half record by then, bolstered by the younger players streaming out of your development and coaching setup.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Unless you are comparing it to our second year wage bill then it's not really like for like is it? So I will let you lot get on with it. I am willing to be anyone 1k now though that you are relegated before us, any takers?

Your first point is irrelevant and clutching at straws (bit like your recruitment policy).

Do I want to have a bet that a team spending half the amount on player salaries will get relegated before the other?

You really don't get it.

Chucking money at players year on year will probably keep you up longer than us but is a huge gamble with the future of your club. You either don't care or you're closing your eyes to it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
That's marvellous. What does all that equate to though, how many of them will go onto play for your first team or any team for that matter. I hear a lot about your under 23's, they are like the Bermuda Triangle, players go in there and are not heard of again. Give me our shed anytime when we get players like Zaha and Wan Bissaka, we also have some other talented youngsters we have seen in action.
Who is the other player apart from Dunk?

Solly March.

That’s the difference between our club and yours.

Due to our historical problems with rancid owners who tried to kill our club, we are playing catch-up to a certain extent.
However, the progress shown in the last 5-6 years has been very encouraging, and due to our history, I think Albion fans are, in the main, a patient lot. Your club, on the other hand, seems to want instant success, no matter what the cost. We’ll bide our time, play the long game, if some of our youngsters fulfill their potential, happy days, if not, we’ll still be okay because atm our recruitment team is very very good.
Your club will eventually take a dip in which youngsters you can recruit, unless you can upgrade your development department,as these things count now, rightly or wrongly.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Solly March.

That’s the difference between our club and yours.

Due to our historical problems with rancid owners who tried to kill our club, we are playing catch-up to a certain extent.
However, the progress shown in the last 5-6 years has been very encouraging, and due to our history, I think Albion fans are, in the main, a patient lot. Your club, on the other hand, seems to want instant success, no matter what the cost. We’ll bide our time, play the long game, if some of our youngsters fulfill their potential, happy days, if not, we’ll still be okay because atm our recruitment team is very very good.
Your club will eventually take a dip in which youngsters you can recruit, unless you can upgrade your development department,as these things count now, rightly or wrongly.

Solly March, is that the same Solly March who was at Crystal Palace and then Lewes. He was 17 when he joined Brighton, still any port in a storm.
We have always done well with youth players, having seen some of our current youth players we will continue to do so.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Solly March, is that the same Solly March who was at Crystal Palace and then Lewes. He was 17 when he joined Brighton, still any port in a storm.

Sorry, I didn’t realise he had to be born on the terraces of the Goldstone to qualify. He played for our under 18s, good enough for me.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why on earth do CPFC2010 fans come on these piss taking threads and try to argue the toss? I genuinely don't understand what they think people are going to say?

"Oh yes you are quite right CPFC2010 are a well run and uncringy club who, now i have been shown the error of my ways, I have a new found respect for"

It really isn't going to happen is it. We are going to take the piss out of them on here and they are going to do the same on their boards (that apparently, even if we wanted to we don't have the right of reply on) and ever it shall be (well until their endless reboots turn them into the Croydon United Nutbush Troupe Society).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here