Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] It's about time this Locadia experiment was bought to an end

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Who do you think is putting this pressure on CH?

Possibly the player himself after his outburst in the overseas press that he wasn't happy at the club. Seems to have been a permanent fixture since his tantrum.

I'm perhaps a bit "old school" with that kind of behaviour. Soon as a player starts grizzling that they aren't happy at the club they should be shipped out at the earliest opportunity.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Possibly the player himself after his outburst in the overseas press that he wasn't happy at the club. Seems to have been a permanent fixture since his tantrum.

I'm perhaps a bit "old school" with that kind of behaviour. Soon as a player starts grizzling that they aren't happy at the club they should be shipped out at the earliest opportunity.

Fact check: Locadia gives quote to Dutch press around the 15 November. Doesn't even feature in the next 3 games, makes a sub appearance away to Burnley on 08 Dec. Doesn't start a game until 22 Dec. then scores for a point v Arsenal, then the winner v Everton.

Permanent fixture perhaps since he showed himself to be a match winner, got his head down and proved himself, and been contributing to the team since. :shrug:

el punal

It's possible that Mr Bloom has asked for him to be kept in the shop window so as to mitigate a likely massive loss for him on this player.

Do you you really think that? I would imagine the last thing Tony Bloom would do is interfere in team selection. He trusts Chris Hughton to do the right thing and vice versa. We may have had a bad result last night but we haven’t had a bad season, let’s just move on.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Fact check: Locadia gives quote to Dutch press around the 15 November. Doesn't even feature in the next 3 games, makes a sub appearance away to Burnley on 08 Dec. Doesn't start a game until 22 Dec. then scores for a point v Arsenal, then the winner v Everton.

Permanent fixture perhaps since he showed himself to be a match winner, got his head down and proved himself, and been contributing to the team since. :shrug:

Didn't Stephen Dobbie score twice for us too ?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Far from convinced by Locadia, not sure he has the concentration and application levels needed for this league. His heading is a joke too and I’m not sure why quite a few seem to rate him for his defensive work.
At least he has shown sporadic talent though.......I hate to say it, but unlike AJ.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Far from convinced by Locadia, not sure he has the concentration and application levels needed for this league. His heading is a joke too and I’m not sure why quite a few seem to rate him for his defensive work.
At least he has shown sporadic talent though.......I hate to say it, but unlike AJ.

That really is weird - all available evidence proves that it is utterly untrue. Maybe they are Leave voters, operating on the 'just believe enough and it will be true' principle?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think this thread/platform is a perfect opportunity for those that embarrassed themselves in the first place to now justify their comments. I can imagine a few were itching for a poor performance to once again pick on one player. As already said, a dire performance all round and there is no one player to pick out for exclusive criticism.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Nothing wrong with Locadia.
His performances have dipped since Bernardo suffered his injury as he added threat and support to Locadia.
It's not Locadia it is Bong.
I have been done with Bong for ages and he is the reason the left hand side has been so poor.
At one point last night Bong ran away from the player with the ball. He's the hopeless one.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I'm sure CH does 'see it', let's not get over-cocky here. Let's try and understand.

Not that long ago we all agreed we were toothless away from home, creating next to nothing. CH changed us from a 4-4-1-1 to a 4-3-3, to be more attacking. It's worked and he's got the plaudits for it. But inevitably when you put more emphasis on attack something has to give defensively, and it's most apparent down that left side. So either we revert back to what we were doing before, or stick with this and try to improve it. Rome wasn't built in a day, likewise our defensive shape in a 4-3-3.

Last night's first half was the best half of football away from home I've seen from us in the Prem, but in the second half they were irrepressible.

What would you do, back to how we played away first part of the season, or keep trying to bed in the new system?

This. What we have seen is a more attacking approach and consequently we are looking under pressure on occasions. Locadia, has been playing that way for a few weeks, but Bernardo appears to be better equipped to deal with the consequences of that, largely through his pace and aerial prowess than Bong. Interesting that United were highlighted by the pundits for their 1st half performance against Arsenal in the FA Cup , and argued that Lukaku was playing that "cheating role" by filling the gaps left by the Arsenal full-back. It relies upon the confidence or ability that United would win the ball back and then hit Lukaku or that space immediately. It needs pace, from wide/front men and ability to make the pass. When it works its a tactical masterclass, when it doesn't it looks horrible! With Propper and Gross further up front, we also have less cover when we lose the ball = desperate defending, poor ball retention etc. Izquierdo may be a better option as he has a little more pace breaking forwards, whilst Bernardo will be better than Bong in that situation.. . Last night was, so far at least, an exception in terms of how we unravelled for 30 minutes. The goal so quickly after half-time was the trigger..

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
CH has talked in the past about partnerships, such as Dunk and Duffy, Stephens and Propper, Bruno and Knockaert in the promotion season. Unfortunately Bong and Locadia doesn't seem to be one of the more effective ones. I've always said that Solly March's future is as a wing-back and maybe he'd be a better partner on the left for Bong until Bernardo comes back. And maybe put Bissouma in Gross's place and Gross on the right. He may lack pace but he delivers the ball well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nothing wrong with Locadia.
His performances have dipped since Bernardo suffered his injury as he added threat and support to Locadia.
It's not Locadia it is Bong.
I have been done with Bong for ages and he is the reason the left hand side has been so poor.
At one point last night Bong ran away from the player with the ball. He's the hopeless one.

Another one.

Utterly ridiculous.

Bong was crap last night. Fill your boots calling him out as crap.

But don't FFS, think you can blame Locadia's embarrassing lack of quality, effort or application on anybody but himself.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
If we are going to start with Murray up front, why not play Andone wide and have Locadia on the bench. Andone offers more pace, more mobility and is likely to score more goals than Locadia? The goal he scored against Palarse proves my point

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
What player do u watch? He backs out of heading embarrassing , can’t go past a defender . Can’t tackle . Stood in no mans land at one corner looking around by the time he looked up the corner had been taken laughable. I grew he not alone March Stephens Bong get shot . This squad is stronger but the starting 11 no difference , Hughton clues less . Destroyed knockys confidence

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Not often you see two posts this f*cking stupid next to each other. Great effort lads.

I found 2 posts that are even more ****ing stupid next to each other. Even greater effort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here