Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Terrible Albums With Only One Good Song

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I loved the Stranglers back in the day but can't listen to them now.

This cover never gets old tho eh H?

Also illustrates perfectly why The Stranglers were considered Entry Level Punk for punks older brothers who read Melody Maker and who would really far rather be listening to The Doors. They could even play their instruments and everything.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Could be abit controversial here

London Calling

Loved the Clash,well first album anyway and was fortunate to see them live and they were brilliant

But the London Calling album was a big disappointment for me,granted not terrible,but apart from London Calling which is a great song,the album goes downhill fast after that

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The Final Cut by Pink Floyd. As a Floyd fan this album is a travesty, Roger Waters disappearing up his arse with a selection of cast-offs that didn't make it onto The Wall and virtually no input from the rest of the band. It was the end of the Floyd as we knew them.

And amidst all that is Not Now John, with one of Gilmour's finest solos

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Final Cut by Pink Floyd. As a Floyd fan this album is a travesty, Roger Waters disappearing up his arse with a selection of cast-offs that didn't make it onto The Wall and virtually no input from the rest of the band. It was the end of the Floyd as we knew them.

Agreed, although I was a massive Floyd fan until the Wall which I really didn’t like at all, apart from Comfortably Numb which was stunning. All downhill from there.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

And strangely one of the few songs released as a 12" single which is shorter than the album version, as the single edit of the song was used as the A side on both the 7" and 12" releases

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Second Coming - Stone Roses, absolute turd after one of the finest debut albums of all time.

Except for this, can only presume it didn't make the cut for the first album?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uNLw3pXlVM
Only in comparison with the first album. I don't mind it and still listen to it occasionally. Although Ten Storey Lovesong is good I think Tears was better and Tightrope, Begging You, Your Star Will Shine and Love Spreads are all decent tunes. I quite like like the first side with breaking into Heaven and Driving South too.

All about opinions though I suppose.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
To reverse the thread on albums with no duff tracks this one will probably need more thinking about. but as a start

The Clash - Cut The Crap

Effectively one album too many, and all but disowned by the band, but it does have This is England on it, the rest is best forgotten about

Agree, it's a dog of an album. It wasn't really The Clash, though, was it? They were never going to be the same band without Mick Jones.

Having seen them live many times I couldn't believe how shit they were live after that album. They were like a crappy tribute band.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Could be abit controversial here

London Calling

Loved the Clash,well first album anyway and was fortunate to see them live and they were brilliant

But the London Calling album was a big disappointment for me,granted not terrible,but apart from London Calling which is a great song,the album goes downhill fast after that

I like the whole album the album, I understand it's not to everyone's taste, but Brand new Cadillac, Train in vain & Guns of Brixton are 3 of my favourite Clash songs.

London calling probably would have made a fantastic single album, as Sandinista would have been an exceptional double album.
IMO like.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I like the whole album the album, I understand it's not to everyone's taste, but Brand new Cadillac, Train in vain & Guns of Brixton are 3 of my favourite Clash songs.

London calling probably would have made a fantastic single album, as Sandinista would have been an exceptional double album.
IMO like.

No, leave it as a double album. Absolutely brilliant throughout in my opinion. (And yes, HWT, I include Jimmy Jazz, Clampdown and Death or Glory).

Warner Edwards

Aug 2, 2017
Spin Doctors - Pocket Full of Krytonite. One good song in Two Princes. The album was so bad it was the first (and I think only) one i took back to the shop to try and get my money back.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Can't think of any tbh .... although I did buy Lady Gaga's Born This Way CD for 99p in a charity shop and I only like that one song

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

IMO like.

It was rumoured at the time that The Clash released a double and a triple album in order to get out of their six album deal with CBS as early as possible. Maybe true, maybe not. A related rumour says they failed to realise that double and triple albums only count as single albums for contract purposes. Major schoolboy error if true.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Was it give it but don't give up or something like that.

I enjoyed that album, Cry Myself Blind rings a bell.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here