Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tough ask

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I enjoyed taking in a different view of the game from the WSL (would never swap my usual seat in the WSU, mind). And I've certainly seen worse 0-0 draws. I also went along with 2 couples from my local who don't often go to football, which made a nice change. One of the girlies had never been to a football match in her life, she's not into sport at all, but she thoroughly enjoyed it and is keen to go again now. I desperately wanted us to score just so she could experience the roar, but it wasn't to be.

Overall, we all enjoyed it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Amelia Amex.jpg
I dare anyone to say that this picture isn't worth the bad game along with getting soaked going and returning. Her favorite player Knockhaert was in front of us at kick off second half and waved to her (well the entire stand).
The "Granddad, that was my best day ever" makes life great.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Top notch breakfast in the pub I watched the game in. Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon :thumbsup:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Isn't that called 'Eggs Royale' - or have we just nicked that name from the Americans?

Yeah I think so. To be fair to the pub, it's Eggs Benedict with a choice of bacon or salmon.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I enjoyed meeting up with my usual group of mates, and being well enough to go to the game. Sometimes the football is just incidental.
We didn't lose.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Really enjoyed the Harveys Best in Dicks bar beforehand - it was delicious . Took a friend from Birmingham who doesnt really go to footy matches . Great atmosphere with loads of people who don't usually go . Good effort from the team but it wasn't to be .
I suspect that the people moaning about the performance were not the ones who sat in the rain at the Withdean straining their eyes to see the ball high up in the dark , wet miserble sky ......

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Maybe I am easy to please but can honestly say apart from result enjoyed the game. 20 plus shots on goal which was a change and felt if we had scored 1 in first half would have got 3/4. Apart from a set piece and last 20mins when we were pushing forward never thought they would score.Good also to see many there that cant afford 40/50 pound to go to a league game. As one who thinks Murray and March are our weak links in attack my only disappointment was how poor Androne and Knockhaert were.

I was OK with it as well! Had we scored in the 1st 30 mins then I think we would have gone on to win far more convincingly. I thought we were solid, we won the ball back pretty quickly in good positions further up the field, and took plenty of shots with varying degrees of quality. We looked stronger in all departments,apart from up-front where we were matched by them with poor quality in and around the penalty area. We tried to play like Liverpool and City around the box, but we are just not that good at it ! Their 'keeper played pretty well and they certainly looked dangerous on the break, albeit they created very little. Disappointed to see the lack of end-product from Knockhaert, Andone and Bissouma, but not surprised given the lack of time together on the pitch. I am worried Andone will become our own version of Shane Long...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I've been sitting here for a good few minutes racking my brains, and I can honestly say I enjoyed the Hot Chocolate at half time.

mmm Hot Chocolate. Every 1's a Winner as we're both in the next round. No Doubt About It, would have preferred So You Win Again. I think we were just Going Through the Motions!

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I enjoyed the view from Row E in the WSL, nice chance to see what Dr. Hughton gets up to during a match, a lot of chewing gum mainly.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Was in the centre of the North, instead of usual WSU season ticket.

A flame-haired chap kept mentioning 'you're in my f***ing seat, you ****', 'don't see you every week', type of rubbish, clearly at us, but saying it to his mates.

Would love to see this tool again...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am worried Andone will become our own version of Shane Long...

Andone has already scored more than one goal under one Brighton manager, something Long has failed to do under Stains last 3 or 4 managers.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here