Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't let facts get in the way.

They were already planning to run a commercial freight service from Ramsgate to Ostend from February anyway, but have delayed the start of their operation until the end of March so they can consider the amount of freight which may now be travelling.

They can consider the amount of freight but they've still got no ships. You can't just nip down to the supermarket and order a couple of ferries.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm getting the **** outta this place as soon as I hit the jackpot!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rumour is that seaborne is being run by a major Tory donor.

I mean, I’m shocked.

Ah. I wondered how long it would take to reveal that these contracts which were issued without any competition, tender process and due-diligence would benefit Tory cronies.

This government has to be stopped. And I don’t really care how now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can this thread be merged with the main Brexit one?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Thankfully, due to our Governments forethought and planning, we don’t have to make it up.
A perfectly reasonable choice of company to take on the vital operation of ferries out of Ramsgate, in the unlikely event of a no deal Brexit.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], please can we have a ‘sarcasm’ emoji?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Where are these magical ferries going to appear from in 2 and a bit months time

The Admiralty has put out an appeal for all civilian owners of boats over 30foot to report to Ramsgate, thereafter a naval attaché will instruct owners further. Codename of project is apparently Dynamo. No idea what it’s about but seems fairly urgent. :shrug:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The Admiralty has put out an appeal for all civilian owners of boats over 30foot to report to Ramsgate, thereafter a naval attaché will instruct owners further. Codename of project is apparently Dynamo. No idea what it’s about but seems fairly urgent. :shrug:

Yes the new D Day - 48.1% of the country are going to desert it

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Really? Anyone who feels glorious about anything to do with a world war is sick in the head man. Sick in the head.

You mean that we the British stepped in to try and halt a dictator and mass murder ? Yes, I'd say that was a glorious action on our behalf. To suggest otherwise is disrespecting those who gave their lives in doing so. We could have just turned a blind eye but didn't.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Awarded £13.8M government contract to run ferries in the event of a Brexit No Deal,the fact that company does not have one ferry/ship never run a ferry service before let alone have a trading licence appears to be of no concern to those at HM Government. Words fail me !:lolol:

Don't knock it...it's a little company I've set up to run out of a paper office in Gibraltar, no questions asked, one page multiple choice questionairre to complete by way of a tender and "bobs yer uncle", I'm expecting a rather large cheque in the post any day now. Brexit? bring it on!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thankfully, due to our Governments forethought and planning, we don’t have to make it up.
A perfectly reasonable choice of company to take on the vital operation of ferries out of Ramsgate, in the unlikely event of a no deal Brexit.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], please can we have a ‘sarcasm’ emoji?

:rolleyes:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The mass loss of life given to stop it is not glorious. They deserve deep deep respect for what they had to do. But any war is never glorious. War is horrible and to be avoided at all costs and should never be glorified. It is a massive stain on all out pasts and we should remember that.
The best way to respect the people who gave their lives during it is to insure it NEVER happens again! Not to glorify it.

I wouldn't say it's glorifying but remembering those who gave their lives to allow you to live the way you do today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here