Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we going to beat Palace THRICE this season?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
And Ryan came off the pitch an exhausted wreck at the string of saves he had to carve out all afternoon, just to try to keep us in touch with them as they PEPPERED our goal...

Oh...hang on. I think we did a pretty good away performance there. Nigh on perfect in fact...but I guess we were lucky.
Ignore him. Makes less sense than BG and is even more of a bigoted old man.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah this is an attitude that's been hacking me off over the last 2 years. I'm not saying we should be trying for Europe, but we should be looking to improve every year and taking cup run opportunities when they present themselves. This whole "17th is all that matters" is total bollocks. What's wrong with aiming for 12th and the odd domestic cup final? Is it too much to ask for a modicum of more ambition from Brighton fans?

There's no way playing in an FA Cup semi-final would jeopardise our place in the Premier League - its ONE extra game. I find it astonishing that some people are happy to bin Sunday off under some notion that it will help us stay up. Utter bobbins.

And I'd STILL take winning the FA Cup and going down were it offered. Especially if it involved turning over that filth up the road who have never won a thing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ignore him. Makes less sense than BG and is even more of a bigoted old man.

I'll never understand the brainwashed ones who think that being in the Premier League is quite literally ALL that matters now, today, and forevermore. I've watched this club through all 4 divisions, and if we do return to the Championship, well, its hardly the end of the world as we know it, is it,

Unless you're one of the ones pouring over accounts and profitability. Since when was that part of being a fan ? If we go down, BHA will continue to exist, and would have every chance of returning some day. Meantime, I want to see us WIN at Wembley some day. FFS, is that much to ask ? I'd certainly remember that longer than I will recall securing 16th-17th with a few games to go.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There's no way playing in an FA Cup semi-final would jeopardise our place in the Premier League - its ONE extra game. I find it astonishing that some people are happy to bin Sunday off under some notion that it will help us stay up. Utter bobbins.

And I'd STILL take winning the FA Cup and going down were it offered. Especially if it involved turning over that filth up the road who have never won a thing.

100% this. It is astonishing as you put it

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'll never understand the brainwashed ones who think that being in the Premier League is quite literally ALL that matters now, today, and forevermore. I've watched this club through all 4 divisions, and if we do return to the Championship, well, its hardly the end of the world as we know it, is it,

Unless you're one of the ones pouring over accounts and profitability. Since when was that part of being a fan ? If we go down, BHA will continue to exist, and would have every chance of returning some day. Meantime, I want to see us WIN at Wembley some day. FFS, is that much to ask ? I'd certainly remember that longer than I will recall securing 16th-17th with a few games to go.
I love dissecting accounts and I totally get the point that we really need to stay up to be a viable business that doesn't involve Tony ploughing millions in every year to keep us afloat.

However:

A. Winning the cup would be worth going down. It really would because it's forever.

B. We're not going down. We're so not going down. So we can push on for the cup anyway.

C. I think you missed the miserable old git I was on about as he was the miserable old git who was banging on about us being lucky to beat Palace because we were really good at defending and scored two great goals. Rather than anything else.

D. He's still a miserable old git who's worse than BG for being miserable and cack minded.

Aside from that. I agree.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
No way would I want them. They are so jammy they’d beat us. Always seem to land on their feet. Praying for a Watford win here.

This.

Anyway, if we both get through, you just know the Manchester clubs won't meet in the semi final.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Not going to happen, but to beat them at Wembley in front a worldwide audience would be priceless.
Especially if Mr. Tumble cries.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
The odds of both us & Palace both qualifying for the semi-finals and then being drawn to play each other are a shade over 10/1.
With 8 teams currently still in it, that's certainly a reasonable chance.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So, a neverending target of 17th in the table, with never a sniff of silverware. Or a chance of inflicting a historic, once-in-a-lifetime, cataclysmic eternal bragging-rights defeat on our greatest rivals, at the home of football, in front of 80,000, and the World.

Nah. Lets finish between Cardiff and Saints instead, and aim for 17th again next year. THERE'S something to tell the grandkids :rolleyes:

I personally never said about continually aiming for 17th - yeah we should be looking to improve each year but if you gave me a choice between staying in the league and a cup run i'd choose the former. We are still newbies to this league in relation to others, but forgive me for being the pragmatic one...

Plus everyone seems certain that we are playing them if we beat Milwall...we could draw any of the other teams, so til then its really a non-issue.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Yeah this is an attitude that's been hacking me off over the last 2 years. I'm not saying we should be trying for Europe, but we should be looking to improve every year and taking cup run opportunities when they present themselves. This whole "17th is all that matters" is total bollocks. What's wrong with aiming for 12th and the odd domestic cup final? Is it too much to ask for a modicum of more ambition from Brighton fans?

I agree, but with the caveat that finishing 17th this season or some season in the future isn’t a complete disaster. Lots of teams yo-yo between good seasons and not so good. Southampton, Stoke, Burnley, Leicester etc have all bounced around in terms of final position. It seems to be almost impossible to consistently be top 10 unless you are one of the big 6.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Could happen, and you know what, I rather think it might.

Millwall 1-2 Brighton,

Watford 0-1 Palace,

Anyone fancy Palace in an FA Cup semi-Final at Wembley? Spicy.

Not just the same part of London. It would be the same trains too. Mayhem all the way. That's if we both win though. Not a forgone conclusion.

Oh please let the Gods be with us and make this happen.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Eh? Have you watched them? They never land on their feet if they can possibly help it!!

Like Townsend rather than focusing on scoring a goal, dragged his foot along the ground and jumped forward!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Like Townsend rather than focusing on scoring a goal, dragged his foot along the ground and jumped forward!
He's clearly learned that from Mr Tumble. It technically IS a penalty but that "hurling yourself into someone's leg" thing is just wrong.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
This thread reminds me so much of a thread before the Palace 2nd leg play off semi when we were “ through without kicking a ball”. Remember how that turned out? IMHO perhaps best to see what happens on Sunday first and then there will be plenty of time to speculate.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here