Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia ...

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I'm sorry, but that is simply not true.

It's all about Hughton finding the balance between threat and solidity, at the end of the day. Right now, we are 11th in the Premier League, suggesting he's getting it more right than wrong.

The beauty of opinions I guess, You would have him in the team, I wouldn't.

The second sentence I agree with you. 1 out of 2 isn't bad eh !!

Your comment brought back memories!

When [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION] was young he and I used to watch County League football and Solly's dad Steve was one of the best players.

But when he came up against Burgess Hill (probably the best team in the league in those days) their centre half Darren Newman used to kick Steve a few times early on the game which pretty well nulified him as a threat for the rest of the game.

He didn't like it up him!

I used to play up front in my football days, and once the defender realised he might have a problem all game with me, they used to pinch the back of my neck, pull my hair, and kick me in the shin and Achilles hard. All of them hurt, but at the same time made me more determined to play them off the park.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The beauty of opinions I guess, You would have him in the team, I wouldn't.

The second sentence I agree with you. 1 out of 2 isn't bad eh !!

I used to play up front in my football days, and once the defender realised he might have a problem all game with me, they used to pinch the back of my neck, pull my hair, and kick me in the shin and Achilles hard. All of them hurt, but at the same time made me more determined to play them off the park.

Looking at the insignia we may have played together / against each other at 1 ADSR?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Was in the 79C intake at Harrogate, you?

No, I worked at the Div HQ, so not a part of the regt, but played footie with them 83-86

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
No, I worked at the Div HQ, so not a part of the regt, but played footie with them 83-86

Ahhh OK entered September 79 2 months after my 16th Birthday, I was a radio telegraphist, (radio operator and morse code sender/receiver for the youngsters on here) (morse code is the dots and dashes for the even younger ones) played football for the regiment, captained the hockey team, swam and dived for them too.

Sadly left in 82....

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Hmmm... March failed previously as a number 10, and is failing in that position again. Ali J is the obvious choice in Pascal’s absence, and Chris just seems to be struggling on with the proven failed formula. AK on right. Jose on left. Ali J at number 10. March benched would be my choice. If we play the same team again at Everton and assuming no gigantic upswing in performance versus our last three games, then we will lose. Therefore, it is time to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hmmm... March failed previously as a number 10, and is failing in that position again. Ali J is the obvious choice in Pascal’s absence, and Chris just seems to be struggling on with the proven failed formula. AK on right. Jose on left. Ali J at number 10. March benched would be my choice. If we play the same team again at Everton and assuming no gigantic upswing in performance versus our last three games, then we will lose. Therefore, it is time to change.

Bearing in mind the thread title, you appear to have mentioned just about the entire squad apart from the player in question :dunce:

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

Don't let [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] see this they will go mad!!!!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Don't let [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] see this they will go mad!!!!

Not at all - its a valid opinion (apart from the 'March is failing' part. March is an integral part of a team that has just reeled off three straight PL victories)

Alireza hasn't yet been tried in the position, and it might work. Having never seen him play there, I'm certainly not going to argue that it wouldn't.

It isn't where he played for PSV though, nor where he plays for Iran, and it isn't where Chris Hughton has seen fit to try him, despite working with him on a daily basis.

Funnily enough, if we ignore the exotic provenance and enormous price tag, he is a very similar style of player to March...

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Ahhh OK entered September 79 2 months after my 16th Birthday, I was a radio telegraphist, (radio operator and morse code sender/receiver for the youngsters on here) (morse code is the dots and dashes for the even younger ones) played football for the regiment, captained the hockey team, swam and dived for them too.

Sadly left in 82....

.- .... --- -.-- / ..-. . .-.. .-.. --- .-- / ... .--. .- .-. -.- . .-. :bigwave:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Bearing in mind the thread title, you appear to have mentioned just about the entire squad apart from the player in question :dunce:

Because Locadia is not a number 10 IMHO [emoji494]

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
.- .... --- -.-- / ..-. . .-.. .-.. --- .-- / ... .--. .- .-. -.- . .-. :bigwave:

-. --- - ... ..- .-. . .-- .... .- - - .... . ..-. .. .-. ... - -... .. - .-- .- ... .- -. -.. .. -- ... ..- .-. . -.-- --- ..- -- . .- -. - ... .--. . .- -.- . .-. .... . .-.. .-.. --- - --- -.-- --- ..- - --- ---

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Not at all - its a valid opinion (apart from the 'March is failing' part. March is an integral part of a team that has just reeled off three straight PL victories)

Alireza hasn't yet been tried in the position, and it might work. Having never seen him play there, I'm certainly not going to argue that it wouldn't.

It isn't where he played for PSV though, nor where he plays for Iran, and it isn't where Chris Hughton has seen fit to try him, despite working with him on a daily basis.

Funnily enough, if we ignore the exotic provenance and enormous price tag, he is a very similar style of player to March...

Only joking....

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

He can’t do worse than Solly there, surely!?

Please name one significant contribution (goal, assist, good chance created) by Solly playing at number 10. Just one. He is much much better on the wing IMHO.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Please name one significant contribution (goal, assist, good chance created) by Solly playing at number 10. Just one. He is much much better on the wing IMHO.

BG (Before Groß) everyone available was tried in that position, and too a man everyone failed
Now AG every available who'll be tried in that position is certain to fail because they will be compared to Groß.

Can't we just be pleased to have taken 9 points from 9 with two of our most important players missing?

After all CH has said he hopes they'll be back after the international break, (obviously when that isn't the case CJ will be able to deflect it somehow).

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

He makes few enough contributions from out wide either...... he has reached his glass ceiling methinks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He makes few enough contributions from out wide either...... he has reached his glass ceiling methinks.

As glass ceilings go, almost ever present in a team in touching distance of the Premier League top 10, after 2 massive injuries, while being young enough to still class himself a learning, isn't too shabby, is it?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
As glass ceilings go, almost ever present in a team in touching distance of the Premier League top 10, after 2 massive injuries, while being young enough to still class himself a learning, isn't too shabby, is it?
Still very average contributions, perhaps if at the same level as the others, we may elevate our performances in the last third,.. barring those from GM of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here