Votes: 354 76.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Have you ever considered the EU have caused the vacuum in politics and have caused the further left and right political views to come to the fore? Did you ever think the smaller countries, the Greece, Spain, Portugal, Italy types have got themselves so in debt with and because of, that they are literally blackmailed into the EU when the vast majority want out? It is political vacuums like this that are cause to the extreme politics and it is definitely NOT exclusive to the UK.

There is some truth in that. But even as someone who sees politics as part of a social gospel I don't need to resort to aggressive extremism.

I remain the same leaving or not.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This TV debate is awful they really are a snivelling bunch and the empty Boris lectern just needs a cardboard cutout, the only one with any semblance of credibility is Rory Stewart and all the other candidates know that as they keep referring to him.

The audience has some very strange looking individuals just had a question on what mistakes they may have made in their past Jeramy Hunt was very keen to support crack head Gove and then going onto say that it's not important what people did 20 years ago makes me think what's he hiding plus it seems very important to the Tories to bring up all sorts of things others did in the past.

Sadjid Javet, Dominic Rabb and Michael Gove have performed poorly during this debate in my opinion Jeramy Hunt and Rory Stewart are the two who have come out of this with any credibility

Give the job to Chris Grove or whatever his name is, he's proved incompetent in the millions he's lost to our country. Can't be any worse than this shower of shit. Bring back Esther!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Boris the bottler. Clearly he doesn't really want to become the PM and he has self sabotaged his campaign by not being part of it.

Also never trust a person who uses the wet lettuce fist clench with the index finger knuckle point technique.

Fistjpg.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Give the job to Chris Grove or whatever his name is, he's proved incompetent in the millions he's lost to our country. Can't be any worse than this shower of shit. Bring back Esther!

Even with you ever so subtle shift from unintentional stupidity to intentional stupidity over the last few weeks there is still a common theme running through all your posts :wink:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There is some truth in that. But even as someone who sees politics as part of a social gospel I don't need to resort to aggressive extremism.

I remain the same leaving or not.

I'm no advocate of aggressive politics, I like my centralist politics. We get on with our lives and give little care what Govt. is doing. But when politicians themselves, and quango's, and civil servants cause a divide, I am talking EU not Whitehall, people do get their backs up, they start to vote anything but mainstream, everyone becomes very suspicious of what politics are doing to our daily lives, vacuums open, Farage and the likes exploit it. Hitler exploited it nearly 100 years ago. I lay the blame purely at the EUs door. They have literally blackmailed countries into staying, fortunately they cannot blackmail us. We decide our destiny, sadly for the likes of Greece, Spain and Portugal, they cannot.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Rory consistently got the most applause. Seems to me to be the only sensible option.

Maybe the challenge for the job should be to run a governing operation in Afghanistan and walk across the country in winter.

They wouldn't do that.

Oh, Rory already has.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm no advocate of aggressive politics, I like my centralist politics. We get on with our lives and give little care what Govt. is doing. But when politicians themselves, and quango's, and civil servants cause a divide, I am talking EU not Whitehall, people do get their backs up, they start to vote anything but mainstream, everyone becomes very suspicious of what politics are doing to our daily lives, vacuums open, Farage and the likes exploit it. Hitler exploited it nearly 100 years ago. I lay the blame purely at the EUs door. They have literally blackmailed countries into staying, fortunately they cannot blackmail us. We decide our destiny, sadly for the likes of Greece, Spain and Portugal, they cannot.

I'm happy for us to decide our destiny.

I'm not happy at what, as I expected, has emerged.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You are quite an arrogant egotist are you not? We will see, keep fighting old boy!

I am not fighting anyone, old boy. My role in this last three years of complete clusterf*** is that of a bemused bystander reduced to simply pointing out the bleedin' obvious to those that would struggle to sit the right way round on a toilet seat without help :shrug:

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Rory consistently got the most applause. Seems to me to be the only sensible option.

Absolutely.
My only fear is has he got the strength needed to match.
He was clearly the best there but he did seem like a bit of a wet lettuce and this may put people off but I may be in the process of doing something I promised I would never do again and be sucked in by a politician let alone a stinking Tory one.
Either way he is light years ahead of Johnson who should not even be considered to lead this country.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Absolutely.
He was clearly the best there but he did seem like a bit of a wet lettuce and this may put people off but I may be in the process of doing something I promised I would never do again and be sucked in by a politician let alone a stinking Tory one.
Either way he is light years ahead of Johnson who should not even be considered to lead this country.

Don't confuse humble with being a wet lettuce.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Absolutely.

Realists often do come across as wet lettuces. But he didn't rise to the goading from Raab which many would have as he knows that intellectually he is miles ahead of all of them. His intellect is his strength and he does not appear to be encumbered by dogma, hence his admission that he likes to change his mind, as all great thinkers do. I like him. Get him in, Labour replace Corbyn with someone young and sensible and then perhaps we can get somewhere.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Stewart is as good a Tory as you'll get it seems. Hope he continues to impress and Johnson implodes. IMHO Stewart as leader of the opposition would be a good thing for sorting this shit show out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here