Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What will Graham Potter be doing during this period?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Am I the only one who actually is a bit “ meh” about all of this.

Let’s be honest here...unless you are a football geek, you would never have heard of Potter. He was in no way on the fan’s radar and his only achievements being the taking of a average Swedish side to their top league. And let’s face it, no disrespect, but there is a million miles of difference between the prem and the Swedish prem. oh yes, and he kept Swansea from imploding in the championship!

Yes we will obviously give him the benefit of the doubt for a while, but I would hope that we see some additions to the squad( yes we have a while until the madness that is the transfer window closes) and he looks to use the big value players we have in a better way that appeared to be last season.

I would also like to see him be a bit more vocal ...have we seen an interview yet or has he appeared on the telly yet? I would like to know just what his philosophies are and how he wants to see us play....I just think it is all a bit quiet. It would certainly give us a break from politics!

I know we should all sit and wait and the usual suspects on here will tell us all that, but I am so far extremely underwhelmed.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Tis true. It is all about having a challenging hobby that a manager can either use as a performance and character comparison with their current squad, or as a way of letting off steam instead of hairdryering it at players week in week out. I know that Steve McClaren has a collection of smoke-producing umbrellas which he uses when looking to disappear from the sight of a renowned nemesis, whilst Harry Redknapp's dog has shares in a cryogenic laboratory that freezes vermin and puff adders for potential future use at a cutprice rate.

I can only deduce Harrys barrow boy image is a front given his progressive view on share ownership.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Let’s be honest here...unless you are a football geek, you would never have heard of Potter. He was in no way on the fan’s radar and his only achievements being the taking of a average Swedish side to their top league. And let’s face it, no disrespect, but there is a million miles of difference between the prem and the Swedish prem. oh yes, and he kept Swansea from imploding in the championship!

Yes we will obviously give him the benefit of the doubt for a while, but I would hope that we see some additions to the squad( yes we have a while until the madness that is the transfer window closes) and he looks to use the big value players we have in a better way that appeared to be last season.

I would also like to see him be a bit more vocal ...have we seen an interview yet or has he appeared on the telly yet? I would like to know just what his philosophies are and how he wants to see us play....I just think it is all a bit quiet. It would certainly give us a break from politics!

I know we should all sit and wait and the usual suspects on here will tell us all that, but I am so far extremely underwhelmed.

I would be meh too were it not for the fact that so far in 2019 my whelm has been non-existent.

I'm excited by the fact it's another 'under the radar' appointment, I guess sometimes we never learn!

As for not putting himself forward, isn't that EXACTLY what we crave in our managers, they'll be no touchline dances from this fella.
You only have to look at his hair to realise that.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
have we seen an interview yet or has he appeared on the telly yet? I would like to know just what his philosophies are and how he wants to see us play....I just think it is all a bit quiet. It would certainly give us a break from politics!

There's a 10 minute interview with him , that he gave on the day of the appointment.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/SeagullsTV/video-archive/?video=graham-potter-exclusive

Potter's coaching philosophy - a summary of that interview
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/may/potters-coaching-philosophy/

My 5 Leadership values - he did for the FA's Boot Room site last year.
http://www.thefa.com/learning/interviews/graham-potter/my-five-leadership-values

but yep, he's been on holiday and hasn't given any interviews, comment afaik since back at work. He hasn't actually met the players yet - who aren't due back for a fortnight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

After watching the last few home games I think I would have taken Harry Potter as our new manager and been more excited about next season.

The meltdown on here if we end up being stuffed in the first few games will be epic

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Heard he's flying back from his fortnight in Palma Nova today. Just looked at Gatwick arrivals and there are two flights from there arriving in the next half an hour. Let's hope he's fully refreshed and raring to go now.

:clap:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hope he's stopping off in Toulon to watch Aaron and Jayson playing against Brazil.(kick-off 4.30)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After watching the last few home games I think I would have taken Harry Potter as our new manager and been more excited about next season.

The meltdown on here if we end up being stuffed in the first few games will be epic

I know it's wrong but...

...I so want that too happen. :lolol: :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here