Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] War on Plastics

Had a brief Google about this but couldn't track down an answer.

We get through a couple of 2L plastic containers of milk a week, bought from the supermarket which we would have been going to anyway. When empty it is is rinsed, label removed (if possible) and cap separated and all put in our recycling bin which is collected (the question of whether it is actually recycled properly is perhaps a matter for another post, let's assume for purposes of this one that it is). Following current trends I think that would be equivalent of 7 pint glass bottles of milk weekly, is one pint in a glass bottle the largest size practical?

Factoring in the energy used in delivering and collecting the glass bottle, and cleaning it properly for reuse how does that stack up against plastic?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Time to back out now as until the supermarkets revert to paper bags being available the situation will never improve. and people will continue to use the plastic bags provided.
Which it is why it requires legislation because some of us unfortunately are set in our ways.

I include myself in that.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The 30 pieces were totals eg 10 potatoes 10 carrots 10 Sprouts etc. What you are saying wouldn't work if you were picked for a random check

So that’s three lots to scan then, not 30. Simple. All that’s missing from what you were suggesting is the paper bag, so just put the weighed and scanned goods in your own bag. I don’t think it’ll be an issue if you get a random check as long as you have the sticky labels and have scanned them. They could still check you’ve got the amount of carrots you’ve scanned if they wanted.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
East West Market in Vancouver has got it right. They do supply plastic bags for those who don't have them but they give them embarrassing bags to shame them into remembering their reusable ones next time.

WeirdBag01.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...st-west-market-plastic-bags-shaming-customers

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought this would be a thread about armchair PL watching numpties trying to blag a ticket to watch ManUre play at the Amex. Sorry if fixtures tomorrow.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Time to back out now as until the supermarkets revert to paper bags being available the situation will never improve. and people will continue to use the plastic bags provided.

You don't have a Sports Direct bag like most other people and take it each time.
I get my weekly shop into 2 usually, I haven't used a shop plastic bag for ages.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You don't have a Sports Direct bag like most other people and take it each time.
I get my weekly shop into 2 usually, I haven't used a shop plastic bag for ages.

I never been in Sports Direct, but do like taking my Aldi bag into the other supermarkets.

Tip: ALDI bags are ****ing indestructible.

Although most my shopping is done with a humongous rucksack.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here