Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lets be realistic - The Official Dunk and/or Duffy transfer thread

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
If that is his value, then he’ll be staying put with us. TB will want a lot more to let him go.

TB might want a lot more, but what happens if a £30m offer hits the table and Dunk says he wants to go?

He’s getting to the point where staying at the Amex may not be the best thing for his career.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TB might want a lot more, but what happens if a £30m offer hits the table and Dunk says he wants to go?

He’s getting to the point where staying at the Amex may not be the best thing for his career.....

TB says 'give me one more season and you can go anywhere with my blessing'.

(I have a gut feeling we've had that before but I'll be jiggered if I can remember who)

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

If Dunk wants to go, he goes IMHO. Bloom is a business man yes, but he also seems a thoroughly good chap, and Dunk does deserve a chance IF a seriously big team comes in for him. And IF he wan't to leave.
I suspect this won't happen- that it'll be the next tier of teams after him. I just don't see him leaving to an Everton or West Ham. Even Arsenal.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I don't see the vitriol which gets poured upon players when they leave a club. You see it all the time.

If a player has given his very best to your club, been a good professional, can make the club a good profit and also further his own career - then good luck to him. If either of them went to a "big" club then I'd wish them well and thank them for their services. We bank the money, we move on, and then we find a replacement with similar ability for the same or less money.

I know LD's a local lad, so I'd say he'd go to a London club if anything. I couldn't see him relishing a move up North.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Interesting to see so many people suggesting that we'll decide if he goes. In reality these days, the power is with the player, contract or not. If Dunk or Duffy decide they want to go, they will get to go. We'll probably get a substantial, but unwanted, premium, but they'll go nevertheless.

100%, always amazes me people thinking the club will ultimately have any say beyond sorting out the best possible financial agreement they can negotiate. You are almost never going to hang on to a player in the long run who's head has been turned, Dale Stephens possibly THE only exception to that rule in the entire history of BHAFC. TB's no mug and the days of getting raped for peanuts by clubs like Norwich are thankfully consigned to the dark days of our history, but he's also a realist.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
TB says 'give me one more season and you can go anywhere with my blessing'.

(I have a gut feeling we've had that before but I'll be jiggered if I can remember who)

After losing the MASSIVE Play Off.

Expect his agency [David Lee’s mob] will be angling for a move or new deal to protect their client’s interests.

Personally. IMHO any offer has to come in at >£30m+ AND LD has to ask to go which may well happen this time.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Such a significant incoming fee will mean re-writing our transfer targets list - so a decision on this will hold pretty much everything else up.

Dunno about that.

The Albion can shite out centre backs as easily as night follows day.
All other business, midfield and forwards should already be ongoing, I doubt someone goes into the recruitment office screaming 'stop everything, we might have an extra £40m to spend'.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Dunno about that.

The Albion can shite out centre backs as easily as night follows day.
All other business, midfield and forwards should already be ongoing, I doubt someone goes into the recruitment office screaming 'stop everything, we might have an extra £40m to spend'.
In that case then we need to sing everyone quickly before their agents know we have an extra £40 million 'wage money' in the kitty.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If Dunk wants to go, he goes IMHO. Bloom is a business man yes, but he also seems a thoroughly good chap, and Dunk does deserve a chance IF a seriously big team comes in for him. And IF he wan't to leave.
I suspect this won't happen- that it'll be the next tier of teams after him. I just don't see him leaving to an Everton or West Ham. Even Arsenal.

Apparently many Arsenal fans have already decided he's not good enough. And who are we to disagree? After all, they're the experts on defenders who aren't good enough having watched Sokratis, Lichtsteiner. Mustafi and company.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here