Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your Three Must-Go-To Away Trips Next Season

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Newcastle, a weekend in Northumberland

Sheffield United, only ever been to the small Sheffield club, so a visit to the Giants of Yorkshire would be good.

Spurs, missed last season, I couldn’t afford Wembley and Spurs, so chose an FA Cup semi final.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Use the Trainline.com - there's usually some quite cheap tickets available if you book early enough but, of course, you risk Sky/BT nicking the games and moving them.

Do not use trainline, they charge. Same prices elsewhere no charge

The best tip I can give is to never buy a rail ticket until Sky/BT have announced their games. It’s also worth investigating split ticketing and also beware of very cheap fares because you might find yourself on a train that stops everywhere and takes twice as long.

good advice

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
When the fixtures come out these will be the first 3 I look for.
Palace - absolute ball ache but what a great day out last season. Burnley - family connections, love a decent northern away day. Sheffield Utd - new ground, only one this coming season, depending on cup games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mine more driven by grounds I haven't been to - unfortunately that means they are up north, big distances/cost!
Sheffield United : might be worth an overnight and trip to the Leadmill if it's still going!
Newcastle : always been just too far for me, so maybe bite the bullet this season
Manchester City : with trips to Liverpool, Everton and Manchester United (twice) haven't been able to face the M6 thus far for potential thumping.

I flew from Heathrow to Newcastle last season.....couldn’t face that drive. All worked well, v quick train link to city direct from the airport.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Honestly Everton is one of the if not the worst away ground for away fans in the Premier league.

Indeed.

1585.jpg

Dangerously tiny concourse.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Everton, Newcastle, Sheffield for me not been to any of them.

I did enjoy Liverpool away in first season - result was bad but the atmosphere was good - so probably 4th choice.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Newcastle
Villa
One of the Manchester club's. Probably Old Trafford as I fancy us to do them one of these days.

3 brilliant cities, fantastic stadiums and all worthy of a weekender.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

theboybilly

Newcastle, Norwich & Villa. Apart from Spurs you can keep the London games. Merseyside and Manchester? Been there, not impressed. I'm going to be much more selective next season and (hopefully) save money for a decent couple of awaydays in the cups

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
On one hand it could be Bath,Weymouth and Chippenham .On the other it could be Barrow,Stockport and Notts County . Either way i'll end up doing most of them . Days out ruined by 90 minutes in the middle:lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can I take this opportunity, away from the stigma of asking nearer game time, to ask about traveling away.

Now he's 14 (15 during the season) and Lil Miss Stat is now otherwise occupied, I'd like us to start going to away games, preferably by train definitely on the cheap.

There doesn't seem to be a railcard that I could use to take the edge off.
I understand booking early is my friend, which is the best site?

Any general help from our away posse would be appreciated.

Family & Friends Railcard

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Can I take this opportunity, away from the stigma of asking nearer game time, to ask about traveling away.

Now he's 14 (15 during the season) and Lil Miss Stat is now otherwise occupied, I'd like us to start going to away games, preferably by train definitely on the cheap.

There doesn't seem to be a railcard that I could use to take the edge off.
I understand booking early is my friend, which is the best site?

Any general help from our away posse would be appreciated.

I dont know what works out better, but have you thought about an under 25 railcard, a third off travel for Jnr.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Newcastle, Norwich & Villa. Apart from Spurs you can keep the London games. Merseyside and Manchester? Been there, not impressed. I'm going to be much more selective next season and (hopefully) save money for a decent couple of awaydays in the cups

Newcastle is sh1t, in the gods. Norwich is dead friendly though...

theboybilly

Newcastle is sh1t, in the gods. Norwich is dead friendly though...

Newcastle really isnt 'sh*t'. People giving this a swerve are really missing out IMHO. Okay there is a bit of a climb but the view isnt that bad, you can see all of the pitch unlike at some places like Everton, Palace, Burnley or Liverpool. Don't be to hasty to disregard a trip to St.James' Park. And the options for beers are astonishing.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Newcastle really isnt 'sh*t'. People giving this a swerve are really missing out IMHO. Okay there is a bit of a climb but the view isnt that bad, you can see all of the pitch unlike at some places like Everton, Palace, Burnley or Liverpool. Don't be to hasty to disregard a trip to St.James' Park. And the options for beers are astonishing.

It is a great night out to be fair...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here