Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Patronising whilst unable to spell 'whose'.

Bring back the days when you didn't post crap 20 times a day and follow me all over the board.

He/she is correct to point out that Tony may know a little more than you tho', isn't he?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Has Percy got a work permit yet? Or would our evil and manipulative leadership team be avoiding getting it, because all they want to do is turn a profit on a player who they never want to play for us!? Over to you dullard conspiracy theorists...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - to be loaned out

I am talking about a declining trend in results... this is a fact... subjectively (although pretty ****ing obvious for anyone who attended our games), about declining performances with no plan B... you, on the other hand, can cling to the idea that Chris would have turned it around (no evidence that he would BTW)... our Chairman, Tony, didn't think so, nor do I... I'll trust Tony's insider / ITK judgement over your ill-thought-out opinion, thank you very much...

Ill-thought out - [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ill-thought out - [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji108]

Yes! :)

I hope you get over your negativity towards our club and our chairman's correct (IMHO) decision sooner rather than later, and you can enjoy your football again... meanwhile, I hope Chris gets another job soon, he deserves it... but he was a busted flush, and we HAD to roll the dice (again IMHO)...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - to be loaned out

Yes! :)

I hope you get over your negativity towards your club and our chairman's correct (IMHO) decision sooner rather than later, and you can enjoy your football again... meanwhile, I hope Chris gets another job soon, he deserves it...

No, please don’t get me wrong.

We are all truly (and should be) thankful to Tony Bloom, but that doesn’t mean every decision he makes is correct (though of course he’s doing it for the best of the club). We won’t know until next year.

It just happens I don’t agree, that’s okay too, it’s not I’ll-thought out, [emoji6] it’s because I feel a sound defensive base is the thing that aids our survival. I think Chris is a brilliant defensive coach, but as soon as he switched formation we struggled, and then for whatever reason we couldn’t regain our shape until the end. IMO it is because our offensive personnel is not good enough.

Re Chris - Clearly, I am not the only one on NSC and the wider footballing community seem to agree as well, but we are where we are.

All feels a little deja vu to me Mike Bailey etc...

I always enjoy my football and these discussions as well..... [emoji2]

Re Percy Tau, (sorry about to go to a mtg) I would like him get a WP, as I have a feeling he’ll be better than Izzy and AJ....... not seen him play other than video, but he looks to have pace and balance.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No, please don’t get me wrong.

We are all truly (and should be) thankful to Tony Bloom, but that doesn’t mean every decision he makes is correct (though of course he’s doing it for the best of the club). We won’t know until next year.

It just happens I don’t agree, that’s okay too, it’s not I’ll-thought out, [emoji6] it’s because I feel a sound defensive base is the thing that aids our survival. I think Chris is a brilliant defensive coach, but as soon as he switched formation we struggled, and then for whatever reason we couldn’t regain our shape until the end. IMO it is because our offensive personnel is not good enough.

Re Chris - Clearly, I am not the only one on NSC and the wider footballing community seem to agree as well, but we are where we are.

All feels a little deja vu to me Mike Bailey etc...

I always enjoy my football and these discussions as well..... [emoji2]

Re Percy Tau, (sorry about to go to a mtg) I would like him get a WP, as I have a feeling he’ll be better than Izzy and AJ....... not seen him play other than video, but he looks to have pace and balance.

You are right, you are not alone... but the Kick It Out massive soon backed down, and the wider footballing community is split, not all on your side...

I'll say it again, I trust our chairman's informed thoughts and (IMHO) correct decision, over your ill-thought-out opinion... and I've already said that the facts back-up Tony's decision

You and your ilk seem to relying on misplaced loyalty to a really nice guy... IMHO, we had to roll the dice since we were almost certainly going to be relegated under Chris... now we have a chance, but I will say right here that I am not stupid enough to think we will definitely survive, just that we've increased our chances from about 10% to about 60%... so, whatever happens next season, it will not prove or disprove that the chairman made a mistake, although the media will make the mistake you are making if it all goes tits-up (assuming that this proves a mistake was made with Chris's sacking)... similarly, the morons will, as usual, buy into the media's BS... still, I am sure we can agree that we hope it all goes well for Mr Potter...

Agree re Percy... fingers-crossed...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You are right, you are not alone... but the Kick It Out massive soon backed down,...

He never mentioned Kick it Out.....

I'll say it again, I trust our chairman's informed thoughts and (IMHO) correct decision, over your ill-thought-out opinion.,...
Wow

I am not stupid enough to think we will definitely survive, just that we've increased our chances from about 10% to about 60%
What a 'well thought-out' piece of mathematics. I'd love to see your workings :lolol:

... so, whatever happens next season, it will not prove or disprove that the hairman made a mistake, although the media will make the mistake you are making if it all goes tits-up (assuming that this proves a mistake was made with Chris's sacking.
Brilliant :lolol: NSC's very own Shakespeare

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
the wider footballing community is split, not all on your side...

I am sure we can agree that we hope it all goes well for Mr Potter...

Not sure I’ve seen many agreeing with the sacking.

Kick it Out backed down (rightly) from their inflammatory remark, which is different.

100% though, although we don’t agree, there is absolutely no doubt that all Brighton fans should want Potter to succeed...

Otherwise why bother? [emoji2]

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Has Percy got a work permit yet? Or would our evil and manipulative leadership team be avoiding getting it, because all they want to do is turn a profit on a player who they never want to play for us!? Over to you dullard conspiracy theorists...

That’s the thing. It’s not a conspiracy it’s BUSINESS. Blimey.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Well it isn’t good business IMHO...

From what perspective? In this case the player gets a move to Europe probably triples or quadruples his wages and puts himself in the shop window to potentially get a move to a higher European league where he may triple or quadruple his wage again.

If that works for him it also works for the club. He becomes a more salable commodity and we recoup or better our investment.

Ultimately the odds were always stacked against him qualifying for a British WP and therefore have a chance of playing for us in the Prem and he and the club would have known this.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I love how this is such a big deal. He’s played a season in a semi professional league equivalent to the conference [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
From what perspective? In this case the player gets a move to Europe probably triples or quadruples his wages and puts himself in the shop window to potentially get a move to a higher European league where he may triple or quadruple his wage again.

If that works for him it also works for the club. He becomes a more salable commodity and we recoup or better our investment.

Ultimately the odds were always stacked against him qualifying for a British WP and therefore have a chance of playing for us in the Prem and he and the club would have known this.

As I said previously, poor PR for our fan base excluding you...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Short term gain... I take the long view...

It’s no different to, say, Chelsea having 50+ players out on loan - they know full well the vast majority of them will never play for the club in PL. It’s a form of revenue-generation that presumably supports the running of the rest of the club. The academy appears to be the same - we might get a few players through it, but again the majority won’t make it (but might well get sold to other clubs, particularly in lower divisions).

I’ve no idea what the plan was for Percy but seems increasingly like there was never a chance of him making the first team. I guess it got the club a few hundred thousand followers in SA though (to add to the many millions in Iran [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23])

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It’s no different to, say, Chelsea having 50+ players out on loan - they know full well the vast majority of them will never play for the club in PL. It’s a form of revenue-generation that presumably supports the running of the rest of the club. The academy appears to be the same - we might get a few players through it, but again the majority won’t make it (but might well get sold to other clubs, particularly in lower divisions).

I’ve no idea what the plan was for Percy but seems increasingly like there was never a chance of him making the first team. I guess it got the club a few hundred thousand followers in SA though (to add to the many millions in Iran [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23])

Well, I for one are not impressed by Chelsea's policy either... really really hope we are NOT copying it...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A Lucas Radebe view on PT!

Bafana Bafana legend Lucas Rabede has expressed his view on the situation Percy Tau finds himself in regarding his future with Premier League side Brighton and Hove Albion.

Tau is currently frozen out from staying at Albion despite signing a four-year deal in what was a South African record transfer from Mamelodi Sundowns last year.

The 25-year-old has since been left to ply his trade in the Belgian second division, where he was recently crowned Player of the Season.

It is unlikely that the Bafana Bafana star will find his way back to The Seagulls anytime soon, with the United Kingdom’s stringent work permit requirements yet to be met.

Radebe, who once starred at Championship side Leeds United during their days in the top flight, thus feels pity for his countryman and believes he deserves the chance to play in the ‘world’s best league’.

“It is difficult for Percy, if I were to put myself in his shoes – my ambition and aspiration is to play at the highest level and then you realise there are rules and requirements to be able to do so – it becomes demoralising,” said Radebe.

“But at the same time, you’ve been signed by a big club so you might as well make the utmost best of it in terms of where you are [placed].

“To be honest, for me, I don’t think he deserves that. I think he deserves to be where he’s put his signature and actually play. But of course, we’ve got to adhere to the rules.

“I feel bad for him, but I think he’s doing his best where he’s been placed in Belgium, and I hope that he does eventually get an opportunity to play in the English Premier League.”

The 50-year-old also pleaded with South Africans to take note of the permit rules and do what is necessary – which is to get Bafana back into the top 50 of the FIFA Rankings – be able to play in England.

“It’s also a reminder that, to play in the best league, you’ve got to be of the quality that is required, playing for your national team according to what’s needed [to get a work permit], so let it be a lesson for us as well,” he added.

https://www.kickoff.com/news/articl...y-tau-s-brighton-hove-albion-situation/655758

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here