Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] John Shelvey

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Shelvey looked great when we afforded him time and space and he was playing in our half. When we were the dominant team he disappeared.
Stephens looked crap in the first half as he was pinne to the edge of our 18 yard box. When Newcastle lost control Stephens looked excellent playing in their half of the pitch.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
As soon as I saw he was in the starting line-up I was worried as it was obvious that our virtually non-contested mid-field would give him all the time and space he needed to ping the ball around at leisure. Did anyone put in a tackle on him or even close him down? Not sure he was fully fit but pretty sure that he didn't need to be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Suggest you watch the game again. First half excellent, second we played higher.

Trollope? IMO is part of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thought he was excellent and did run the game for an hour. However, we could hardly have made it easier unless I was man marking him. I can't vouch for the dickhead bit but I think he would suit our 'style'. We want to play deep and then play on the counter. A passer with the range of Shelvey would be an asset, if he isn't sent off first.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
There is "something of the night" about him but I'd love him here spraying it around for Andone to get on the end of.
Just pick the right player to partner him.
Not going to happen though so all moot.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Rate him and I’ve heard unsettled up North and wants to return to the south.

Contracted to summer 2021 but I reckon could get him for 18m

Within our wage structure? 😂😂😂 Even if he was available for that amount of money, he still wouldn't end up here.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Within our wage structure? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Even if he was available for that amount of money, he still wouldn't end up here.

If we stay up, that’s 3 years of premier league money and standing, I can’t see our wage structure remaining as it is, if this is the case.

I have no idea how much he is on at the minute, I’d imagine c 65-70k a week

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Was running the show and the sort of player we crave. Him going off changed the game.

It's an illusion, Dummett and Stephens made the long passes that led to the goals. Hayden caused more problems. Rafa took him off because he squandered passes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here