Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And an extra special merry xmas to the armed forces

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Yes indeed. I hope this thread doesn't get hijacked by the usual suspects.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
When did our obsession with the armed forces in this country begin? I don't remember it ever being so fervent 10 years ago? What was it like 30 years ago?

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
When did our obsession with the armed forces in this country begin? I don't remember it ever being so fervent 10 years ago? What was it like 30 years ago?

When they started getting killed defending your freedom.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
When they started getting killed defending your freedom.

Ahh yes defending my freedom in Iraq? Ok then....

But seriously why do they need their own special thread? They're just people like you and me and all of this just seems to have turned into a willy waving thing 'I'm a bigger fan of the armed forces' 'No I'M a bigger fan of the armed forces.' It's all very American and doesn't really do anything for the guys on the ground who are probably a lot more concerned about what they are getting paid and where their families are living than whether me or you are wishing them an additional Merry Xmas on NSC.

My point is that they were out defending my freedom 20 years ago, did we have all of this crap then?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
My point is that they were out defending my freedom 20 years ago, did we have all of this crap then?

This doesn't compute. You're about 12 years old surely?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You're not ex Forces I'm guessing Husty.

No I'm not. But let me clear. I have plenty of respect for the armed forces. I just don't see what shouting it from the hilltops constantly achieves?

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
No I'm not. But let me clear. I have plenty of respect for the armed forces. I just don't see what shouting it from the hilltops constantly achieves?

I can assure you that our boys and girls thoroughly appreciate a smidging of recognition for being prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice. Merry Christmas Husty, Up The Albion!

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Good grief! If I'd know that a thread saying thanks was "shouting it from the hilltops constantly" and an "obsession with the armed forces" I'd have kept well away!

BTW Merry Christmas to the Armed Forces and a Happy New Year!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
ayk94y.jpg

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Good grief! If I'd know that a thread saying thanks was "shouting it from the hilltops constantly" and an "obsession with the armed forces" I'd have kept well away!

BTW Merry Christmas to the Armed Forces and a Happy New Year!

One thing in isolation obviously not but when you combine it with the MASSIVE amount of other things we have to put up with. We had BBC Breakfast on this morning and it was a procession of arms forces related pieces with something or other about a royal family member occasionally.

You don't have to be ex-Forces to not be a ****

And then here's the other thing. People get labelled as a **** for not following the herd in some matter or other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here