Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More to this that's meets the eye

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
I've read all the posts on this forum but don't think anyone has mentioned this:

Getting rid of a manager is one thing but to have a five week investigation is another. Something more sinister must have happened behind the scenes for this to occur, otherwise is would have been straightforward. I'm not gonna start making any rumours but it is odd.

As for the sacking on air, well, maybe the tv commitments over the legal ones were the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

The whole thing is rather weird to be honest.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Yes, maybe we could just discuss all the issues of yesterday once more, I didn't quite get anything of what people thought from the other 2 million threads!! :lol:

Carry on, only jesting :)

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I've read all the posts on this forum but don't think anyone has mentioned this:

Getting rid of a manager is one thing but to have a five week investigation is another. Something more sinister must have happened behind the scenes for this to occur, otherwise is would have been straightforward. I'm not gonna start making any rumours but it is odd.

As for the sacking on air, well, maybe the tv commitments over the legal ones were the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

The whole thing is rather weird to be honest.

You need another hobby! :wink:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
you think?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Quite a few people seem to be aware of why ALL THREE were suspended (that is an important detail). I myself along with a few other people posted the reason why, back when this whole buisness started. It seemed to get lost in amongst all the other crap on here. It then became 'illegal' to post speculation. Even though as far as i am concerned it is not speculation it is fact, Bozza still stated he didn't want to run the risk of legal problems.

As soon as it is allowed to post 'speculation' again i will re-post what i (and a few others) did at the time.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Quite a few people seem to be aware of why ALL THREE were suspended (that is an important detail). I myself along with a few other people posted the reason why, back when this whole buisness started. It seemed to get lost in amongst all the other crap on here. It then became 'illegal' to post speculation. Even though as far as i am concerned it is not speculation it is fact, Bozza still stated he didn't want to run the risk of legal problems.

As soon as it is allowed to post 'speculation' again i will re-post what i (and a few others) did at the time.
If you are convinced it's fact what you know, just post it. Let bozza sue you! Hardly going to matter if you are correct. I'm interested in what you know so spill those beans!!!!!!

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Lots of rumours flying around about exactly what they were suspended for and they dont have anything to do with dressing room toilets and post match comments. If any or some of them are true then it does makes more sense that its dragged on.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The club are trying to use something that Gus has done or said to claim gross misconduct and sack him without paying up his contract. That is the crux of the matter, and that is why they are having to go through the whole official employment law process.

In the long run it is going to cost them more because the coming season is now basically a write off. Had they just sacked him and appointed a new man ASAP we'd be all systems go at the moment with signing players and pre-season training, not the current mess.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
If you are convinced it's fact what you know, just post it. Let bozza sue you! Hardly going to matter if you are correct. I'm interested in what you know so spill those beans!!!!!!

No, i will not post it. If you go back over everything i have posted in the last 5 weeks you might find it, thats if it wasn't in one ofthe threads that was deleted. I also wasn't the only person to have this information as i saw a few other people post the same thing.

All i will say is why would a complete management TEAM (all three) of them be suspended? Answer that in your head not on here as that would be classed as speculation.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
All i will say is why would a complete management TEAM (all three) of them be suspended? Answer that in your head not on here as that would be classed as speculation.

Trying to answer in my head but cant - I must be thick or something ... at this moment in time each of them has a very different status ?? IE same naughtiness / same punishment - no ??

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I would like to think that this thread is very much the case. My guess is that the Board, to go through all this, may be of the belief that the three may not have been acting in the best interests of the Club and more to advance their own personal interests. Hence this long drawn out investigation process. Most dismissals are for poor team performance. That is certainly not the case here, which makes this whole situation pretty difficult.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Quite a few people seem to be aware of why ALL THREE were suspended (that is an important detail).[...]

a question without touching on the speculation, does what you know still hold with the events as they've turned out, especially Tanno suspension lifted first, Oatway still suspended, Gus now gone, and are you surprised it took the time it did to investigate? does it all make sence within the context of the "secret" information? is it likly to come out publically or possibly forever confidential?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

No point in posting it. Someone will just ask for proof and slag the poster off.

I'm certain I know what it is, and there is no 'proof' as such that can be posted.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
No point in posting it. Someone will just ask for proof and slag the poster off.

I'm certain I know what it is, and there is no 'proof' as such that can be posted.

I get your point but all this "i know this, but can't say" just gets a bit tedious.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
No, i will not post it. If you go back over everything i have posted in the last 5 weeks you might find it, thats if it wasn't in one ofthe threads that was deleted. I also wasn't the only person to have this information as i saw a few other people post the same thing.

In my head I have a picture of three men and one woman..but I have a dirty mind. And I don't know what happened.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here